Phantoka_Chirox

Superheroes 2012

I see, thanks a lot then! It's probably the "summer" piece I'm excited the most for, it looks so much more versatile than the (albeit very cool) round shoulder pad piece from the Winter HF sets.

could anybody tell me where to find instructions on captian america ultrabuild?

Well, they aren't out yet, but I think DV's photos go into abundant detail about the building process. Edited by Shakar

Thanks for the review, DV! I'm now convinced to get Capt, and mod his shoulders. Just wondering - the blue on him is the same blue as on Surge's, right? (I'm assuming it is, going by the shot of the new parts.) It's a little hard to tell from your super HQ pics. :tongue: Thanks once again!

I guess you mean this one:

Well, from the combiner model (which looks even more ridiculous than Hulk himself, but may have some cool building techniques) we can see that the huge chestplate+Breakout torso combo is possible. I figured as much, but a confirmation is nice.

I guess you mean this one:

Well, from the combiner model (which looks even more ridiculous than Hulk himself, but may have some cool building techniques) we can see that the huge chestplate+Breakout torso combo is possible. I figured as much, but a confirmation is nice.

Hey that's my vidéo ! Iron man will be online in a few hours for those interested (knowing that I didn't mod him yet when I did the video). The Breakout chestpiece indeed works with hulk's new torso armor, and I must say I'm really excited for stormer XL now that I saw that the height difference won't be that big.

I think that it was fairly obvious that you can combine the huge chestplate(Which is ridiculously huge. Not regular huge.) with the breakout torso. If it can combine with the 2011 torso then it can combine with almost any torso, and almost any armor piece for that matter.

The two pieces don't connect to each other, so it was just a matter of taking off the other torso and putting the newer one on there. I actually don't think they look very good together, but that's me.

For those who wanted to see the Combiner Models, I decided I would "review" them, but they will only be built based on the picture on the back of the box/in the instruction, so there might be some slight mistakes. Anyway, how about a little... preview ?

combo-ironcap-335eb68.jpg

It's actually a pretty cool combo, I find. It uses the same kind of build as The Hulk and Stormer XL, and could easily be a good starting point for a Hulkbuster Armor design.

Edited by _shaddow_

I almost wish they had made Iron Man's head so that you could flip it up, akin to the minifigure's headpiece.

Than again, it might have been as creepy as the knights Kingdom II heads.... :tongue:

I think that it was fairly obvious that you can combine the huge chestplate(Which is ridiculously huge. Not regular huge.) with the breakout torso. If it can combine with the 2011 torso then it can combine with almost any torso, and almost any armor piece for that matter.

How did you manage to change the colour of my post? :laugh: Anyway, I said "I figured as much", which means I was 99% sure about the Breakout torso-chestplate compatibility, but I was still a bit suspicious, since none of the 2 sets who used the chestplate made use of the Breakout torso. It was more or less like "they didn't use it, then it's not compatible.” I know, it's a bit of a weird logic, but you never know.

@ _shaddow_ Thanks for the photo! That combiner is kind of cool, but the thin legs kill it for me. Also, the torso is too short for such a wide figure- the Fire Lord torso beam would have been better, but there was nothing that could be done about that.

@ TheDesuComplex Nah, nothing can beat the KK figures heads. :cry_sad:

How did you manage to change the colour of my post?

I accidentally deleted the thing that made your post dark purple. I tried to recolor it but I must have gotten the wrong purple.

This may be old news, but I found Hulk Ultrabuild in the marvel section of the Target store in Maplewood, MN. There was also 6865 and 6868, but that's a bit off-topic. Pardon me if this has already been said.

When are the Ultrabuild going to appear on the official website? They are already sold in stores.

The calender, for at least the US, says May. However, non-Lego stores, such as Target and Walmart, having been carrying them in stores.

So it just occurred to me that the HF system could be used to make this colossal thing

*snip*

Now that's an idea. What a load of bone pieces that will need!

Just by the way, the Ultrabuild Superheroes (both DC and Marvel) hit German shelves this week. At least at Müller, which are quite famous for putting LEGO sets prior to the official release date (which is stated for may).

I might pick Iron Man or Batman up.

Edited by ZORK64

NEWS! I've just seen the advert for the marvel ultrabuild sets. Has anyone else seen it?

NEWS! I've just seen the advert for the marvel ultrabuild sets. Has anyone else seen it?

I haven't. Can you show it to us?

By the way, my Ultrabuild figures arrived, and they are freaking AWESOME!

I'm a bit dissapointed about Cap'shoulder armour, but u don't mind.

Does anyone know if the Marvel Ultrabuilds are in the UK yet?

I saw Hulk in a Morrisons a couple of weeks ago.

Hope this helps.

I saw Hulk in a Morrisons a couple of weeks ago.

Hope this helps.

Morrisons? Don't they just sell food and drink?

Morrisons? Don't they just sell food and drink?

Nope. They have all sorts of stuff in store that isn't on the websites, including video games and of course LEGO.

Well, the larger stores certainly do.

I can't verify for the smaller ones.

Nope. They have all sorts of stuff in store that isn't on the websites, including video games and of course LEGO.

Well, the larger stores certainly do.

I can't verify for the smaller ones.

Well, my morrisons sells things other than food and drink, like video games and movies and household items(I'm not talking about furniture, though I'm sure you know that.) but I'm not sure about toys.