Bonaparte

EB Event Billund 2012

Friggin gol-darned NUMBER BLINDNESS!

I am landing at 11:15 on the 10th. I only went and got my numbers confused when booking flights didn't I? :cry_sad:

Please, what will I be missing? :cry3:

We have a first activity on the Thursday starting at 9am (at the LEGO offices). At 10am till 11:30am we will be in the LEGOLand Village conference room for the 2nd activity of the day. LEGOLand village should be walking distance from the Camping I'm told (which is good news for dropping your luggage!). So at least you'll know where to find us.

About the trip from the airport to the LEGOLand Village, it's about 4,8km (15min drive one way). My first suggestion is that you take a taxi which shouldn't cost more that 10 Euro. Alternatively I or someone else can come over, but that would impact the 2nd activity and potentially impact the schedule (we are one a rather strict schedule on the Thursday).

Okay thanks for telling me that, I'll get a taxi from the airport then so as not to inconveniance the schedule.

PS: While your'e all busy in Billund, I'm taking part in the Copenhagen Beer Festival 2012. :classic:

WHAT??? A beer festival is more important than our super-duper-event? *sympathy -10*

:wink:

Have a good time!

Meh, you know what. I am going to change my date outbound so i can fly on the 9th instead. Totally worth it. Note to self: Get my father to check the times and dates when I book my Brickworld flights to avoid this issue.

(Last time I did this it was train tickets to Birmingham. Before that it was bus tickets to London. I should really learn that this number blindness bites when I travel!)

Speaking of airport pickup, could someone pick up me, cecilie, her husband, and eiker86 at the airport Wednesday evening at 21:05? I guess we should be able to squeeze all four of us into one car. :tongue:

Give one of us a call (Copmike, me, anyone) and we'll pick you up.

A quick question, does anyone know if we have to arrive at a particular time on Wednesday for check-in etc.

I'm flying in to Hamburg on Wednesday but I intend to visit a theme park near Hamburg first before travelling up to Billund. I'm just wondering how much time I have or if the keys can be left with one of the Eurobricks event organisers for collection. It won't be as late as when I drove from Dublin two years ago but I'd prefer not to have to rush to Billund for say a 6.00pm check-in.

A quick question, does anyone know if we have to arrive at a particular time on Wednesday for check-in etc.

I'm flying in to Hamburg on Wednesday but I intend to visit a theme park near Hamburg first before travelling up to Billund. I'm just wondering how much time I have or if the keys can be left with one of the Eurobricks event organisers for collection. It won't be as late as when I drove from Dublin two years ago but I'd prefer not to have to rush to Billund for say a 6.00pm check-in.

I suggest you drop the camping an little email or give them a call to check.

I don't expect any issues with a late arrival (unless late is very late :classic:).

I suggest you drop the camping an little email or give them a call to check.

I don't expect any issues with a late arrival (unless late is very late :classic:).

We will also come late-ish around 22:00 I think. Can´t someone that knows they will be early

pick up everyones keys to the ones coming in on Wednesday?

We will also come late-ish around 22:00 I think. Can´t someone that knows they will be early

pick up everyones keys to the ones coming in on Wednesday?

Seems the 'late check-in question' is a recurring one, so I've contacted the camping (email) to ask when the reception closes. I'll report back (hopefully tomorrow) when I have their response.

If not, send me the lists and I'll pick up keys and that. Is anyone else expecting to be early in the day on Wednesday? Landing at 11:15, picking up my luggage and a lunch won't last until late in the day!!

If not, send me the lists and I'll pick up keys and that. Is anyone else expecting to be early in the day on Wednesday? Landing at 11:15, picking up my luggage and a lunch won't last until late in the day!!

The reception closes at 7pm. They also said:

It is possible for your to check the others in when you arrive. But it would be good for you/us to have their customer no. or bookin no. when arriving at the reception.

So those who'll arrive after 7pm on the Wednesday, please make use of Peppermint's offer and send her your customer no. or booing no so she can get your keys.

Time for a few practical arrangements:

On the Thursday morning we all gather in front of the camping reception at 8:15. We'll spend a few minutes explaining the program of the day and next leave the camping 'in group' to our first visit where we are expected at 9:00. We'll go there by using the cars, but in case there are not enough cars to fit everyone we'll have to drive twice - so be on time because you don't want to miss this :devil:

... so be on time because you don't want to miss this :devil:

I have no idea what this might be... :innocent:

Oh god... I'm gonna be missing something good!

YEP! :wub_drool:

YEP! :wub_drool:

Oi, you! Stop making me more jealous!

I'd fly out on the Wednesday if it weren't for the fact I have to do a drama performance then!

I just bought my train tickets for Wednesday. I'll arrive at the camping site at about 13:30.

I plan to take either a quick walk around Legoland or a walk down to Billund when I arrive. If anyone else is in Billund at that time, feel free to join me.

I just bought my train tickets for Wednesday. I'll arrive at the camping site at about 13:30.

I plan to take either a quick walk around Legoland or a walk down to Billund when I arrive. If anyone else is in Billund at that time, feel free to join me.

I believe you are the first to arrive.

I don't expect Bonaparte, Aredhel and me to arrive before 17:30.

EDIT: I just found out that the camping site is NEXT TO where we stayed the last times!

So we'll be having breakfast in exact the same building I suppose.

I just found out that the camping site is NEXT TO where we stayed the last times!

Exactly. Its the camping site that we have walked through to the mini golf course and I'm pretty sure that breakfast is in the same building as last time.

EDIT: I just found out that the camping site is NEXT TO where we stayed the last times!

We'll have breakfast in another place (somewhere in a building inside the camping), but dinner we'll have in exactly the same place as last year (in the LEGOLand village where we stayed last time). We have a special deal with the LEGOLand village: we take our dinner in their restaurant and in return they give us 2x their conference room for free. You are right about the camping and the village being very close.

Guys, I am fairly jealous, but I have something awesome planned for this weekend, too.

Have lots of fun in Billund, I hope I can make it another time! Big hug to all of you! :laugh:

Thanks for the wishes.

Have a nice week(end) and we're going to see you in Günzburg 2013, right? default_blink.gif

Awesome, I should be all checked in by then.

I believe you are the first to arrive.

I don't expect Bonaparte, Aredhel and me to arrive before 17:30.

It is Peppermint_M on the plane tha lands at 11:15am, lol. Last reminder folks! PM me your reservations if you need me to check you in!

Now, that we're getting really close I checked the weather again.

Well, do you really want to know...? :sick:

Be sure to get some warm and rainproof clothing. :sadnew:

The facts:

- lowest expected temperature: 9° C - and this is NOT the night's temperature!

- chance of rain: 60-80%

- very strong wind (7-8 Bft) on Friday and Saturday

Well, even warmer than 2 years ago :sceptic: but there was not that much wind when I remember right

But we will see! This is going to be a blasting event like every time and who cares about the weather?

--> we will get soaked - does not matter if the reason is rain or the Viking ride :blush::devil:

-Aredhel