Disney TTfigs

"My rivals back home, it's not that I'm bitter

But think how they'll they squirm when they see how I glitter

The ladies at court will be all a-twitter

The king will reward me, he'll knight me

NO lord me

It's mine, mine, ..."

5801791358_4ed42b34a1_b.jpg

For those who have not seen Disney's Pocahontas yet: shame on you. :sadnew: Redeem yourself by watching the song: Mine, mine, mine!

So this is the first of my Disney figures (from the so called Disney renaissance era) and an odd choice aswell. I was planning on posting Ratcliffe in his purple outfit but I don't have enough purple parts yet to finish him. So since it's basically the same outfit, I used the colours from the song "mine, mine, mine".

Governor Ratcliffe leads the Virginia Company, and as soon as they arrive he has his crew digging for gold. Thinking he'll find "MOUNTAINS" of gold, he's already dreaming away, which is where this golden outfit comes into play. :laugh:

The Jack Sparrow head has a smirk and 'scared' face which is great since I can use it for his 'singing' face. The only thing missing is the yellow cape which I have to order from BL. I used two of those dragon capes instead until it arrives. Ironically, the hair is a 'savage' Native American headpiece. As is always the problem with lego, the hair and hat can't be combined which is a shame. Luckily for me, the hat also exists in purple for his regular outfit.

I'll work on several others figures as soon as the exams are over. (Normal Ratcliffe, Frollo, ...) I'm also thinking about making brickfilms about certain scenes or songs, but that won't be for any time soon. :tongue:

Comments and constructive criticism are as always very welcome and appreciated! :classic:

Gaetano

That looks really good. I've never seen TT fig's before. Very interesting, and quite accurate to your comparison photo.

That looks really good. I've never seen TT fig's before. Very interesting, and quite accurate to your comparison photo.

Thank you! :classic: The figures are my own design, you can click on the instructions in my signature to learn more about them.

Eurobricks is an odd forum, the different subfora really seem to be seperate worlds. As I make figures for different themes, I keep on finding new audiences. :laugh:

Gaetano

Impressive work 'Tanotrooper', only bulking the figure up (making him fat in other words) would be perfect ! :grin:

Totally a different way of custom fig building.....though doesn't this go in the Customization forum as Pocahontas isn't a Lego licensed film....i.e. no sets yet if at all ever. :blush:

Still, 'Tanotrooper' keep on customizing those figures ! :grin:

Impressive work 'Tanotrooper', only bulking the figure up (making him fat in other words) would be perfect ! :grin:

Totally a different way of custom fig building.....though doesn't this go in the Customization forum as Pocahontas isn't a Lego licensed film....i.e. no sets yet if at all ever. :blush:

Still, 'Tanotrooper' keep on customizing those figures ! :grin:

Thank you, and thanks to the plate etc. he does actually look a bit fat, but I can't get him to look as fat as in the movie though! :laugh:

Since LEGO has a license for Disney, I thought it would belong here better but yes, sadly they haven't released any sort of Disney renaissance sets. :sad: Perhaps this thread could serve as an example of would LEGO could produce? :grin:

@Captain Bayonet:

Thanks, it is indeed the closest head to date. :wink:

Cheers,

Gaetano

So the TTfigs have invaded the Disney license too eh? Nice to see your unique figs once again Tanotrooper, as always it looks accurate with the reference material. :thumbup: Do you plan to make other figs as well covering the LEGO Disney products? Because as is, I think this belongs more appropriately to the MCW forum since it deals with a non-licensed material (Pocahontas).

Love the fig, especially the ironic hair piece. Ratcliffe is a cool villain, but I'd like to see Frollo or, a real challenge, Scar (my two favorites).

So the TTfigs have invaded the Disney license too eh? Nice to see your unique figs once again Tanotrooper, as always it looks accurate with the reference material. :thumbup: Do you plan to make other figs as well covering the LEGO Disney products? Because as is, I think this belongs more appropriately to the MCW forum since it deals with a non-licensed material (Pocahontas).

Yes indeed, slowly conquering every theme! :laugh: Although I'll mostly make Disney renaissance figures, I'll also make some from Toy Story and Pirates of the Carribean and perhaps even Dastan from PoP. :classic:

Love the fig, especially the ironic hair piece. Ratcliffe is a cool villain, but I'd like to see Frollo or, a real challenge, Scar (my two favorites).

Thank you, Frollo will be next I think. The Lion King is quite different of course, but I'll get to it eventually. (I have to rewatch the movies though! :laugh: )

Cheers,

Gaetano