Sign in to follow this  
legomilk

New set 10177

I just saw 10177 on the front page of S@H USA, the set page itself is unavailable, though. Guess it'll be added soon...

Edit: Hm... it's gone now...

ah, i would never think of having any in my office. not even keychains/magnets. *sad*

and eu is not the largest market :-P usa is. that's why we get super bargain price. :-D

why do you americans always think you've got the biggest? :-P

if you check the annual reports, you'll see europe takes 58%, US+Canada 29%; Belgium, for instance, buys 2 million lego sets every year, not bad for a population of only 10 million people...

in fact, that's one of the reasons that I, as a european, think Lego is leaning too much toward the US market/US culture...

I think the reason is that the European market is saturated. Lego owns Europe. In the US there is far more competition. There is more room for growth in the American market. Also, I am not sure what the demographics are for children in Europe vs North Am, but my impression is that there are some issues with childbirth rate in Europe, if Lego thinks that far ahead that is...

first of all, I thought it was ugly ! *n*

the nose made me puke and a boeing plane bothered me (I'd prefer an airbus one ... because I'm an European ...)

[french] un peu comme toi xwingyoda [/french]

but the time goes by ...

now I think it's quite a fine sculpture. made to be seen from a few meters (like darth mal or the statue of liberty)

So I think I'll buy it !

It's now in my favorites at S@H, unavailable ... it is rare that a 5 digit set is released in North America first.

Hi guys !

I finally bought mine last night... with 15% off (thanks to the S@H catalog code) :D

So I decided to declare that I own this set on brickset. I'm the first who did that !

YES ! I'm the 1st !

10177_1st2own.png_thumb.jpg

I'll tell you more when the set will be assembled.

soon, I hope.

Also what pisses me off is that a European Cie does a Boing model and NOT an Airbus model !! Where is TLC going to with that >:-(

*yoda*

It would be good for us if Airbus see the 787 set and want TLG to do one of their A380. In the same scale it might not fit on a desk at work though :-)

Mark

hm..; do you really need a highly paid designer to come up with... this?

I love you. You don't know how many times I ask myself that.

I know Lego "master builders" are given a more or less set amount of parts and told to build something out of it, but I don't care whose toes I may step on by saying this so bluntly:

Lego Master Builders are not that good.

Lego should hire some of the brilliant builders seen on Brickshelf.

That said, crappy nose. But it's a decent set for parts.

It has the problem I have with people who build mechs out of system.

...They look GREAT as thumbnails, but up close... no. Just... no.

Slopes are not impossible to incorporate into this model, as much snotting is open to someone when the model's that large.

Then again, probably the whole point in Lego (constantly) making sets that look "incomplete" is to have builders buy more sets to fix them.

But I'm being (honestly) brutal.

It has the potential to be a pretty nice set. Just needs a few dollars of work before it's acceptable.

(I'm guessing this set came out MOSTLY due to people complaining about the recent <insert that tiresome argument> jet, so it might be another reason it looks slapped together on the front... the lead time of manufacturing).