Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives Discussion Thread

No, the Mafia has to outnumber the Town. If there are two players left at the start of the day, one must be Scum and one must be Town, and the Townie knows he's not Scum so he lynches the Scum.

Could the scum not lynch the townie though?

Could the scum not lynch the townie though?

You're right. For some unknown reason I completely forgot that possibility. :blush: Not sure then... I think it'd either be everybody dies or it'd depend on the night actions. Edited by Brickdoctor

And the every body dies option leads into a draw

No, it does not. If everybody dies and no one has a special win condition (get yourself lynched at a certain time, kill a certain person, etc.), then everybody loses.

If there's only one scum remaining, that player would win when there are three players left. If the scum can get it down to him/herself and two other townies, that is considered a win for said hypothetical scum. In case of a draw, 2 vs. 2, the scum would also win at that point. That's how it works in my games anyway.

No, it does not. If everybody dies and no one has a special win condition (get yourself lynched at a certain time, kill a certain person, etc.), then everybody loses.

Just as it happened in Dystopia.

But actually the townies still have, even if the scum outnumbers them, still a chance to win by night actions, e.g. if the scum killer is always blocked or their victim is always protected or such and the town manages to lynch a mafioso every day. It's not very likely at all, but still possible. But this is a thing each host has to decide for themselves, I guess.

And it might end in a stalemate, if there's just a mobster and a paranoid gun owner left, who has told his role publicly before to avoid lynching or told it a trusted mobster via PM, so that the mobster doesn't attack him. This is very far fetched and almost impossible, but I love to think about weird scenarios. :grin:

Edited by Peanuts

And it might end in a stalemate, if there's just a mobster and a paranoid gun owner left, who has told his role publicly before to avoid lynching or told it a trusted mobster via PM, so that the mobster doesn't attack him. This is very far fetched and almost impossible, but I love to think about weird scenarios. :grin:

But then couldn't the two vote each other off and everyone dies? The paranoid gun owner only shoots people that approach him at night, right?

Or actually, if the Day ended as soon as a conviction was reached, wouldn't whoever managed to get their vote in first have lynched the other before he himself was lynched and therefore win the game?

It's amazing how you keep on going despite the fact that it's obviously the game host's decision how to 'end' their game. You have the answer to your questions with regards to this particular game two posts above. I guess now there's nothing else left but to return to commenting on Shadows dying all the time. Oh wait, he actually didn't die today. Poor guys; no new food for thought, huh... :tongue:

It's amazing how you keep on going despite the fact that it's obviously the game host's decision how to 'end' their game. You have the answer to your questions with regards to this particular game two posts above. I guess now there's nothing else left but to return to commenting on Shadows dying all the time. Oh wait, he actually didn't die today. Poor guys; no new food for thought, huh... :tongue:

:blush: Just trying to see if there's a way to get around it with game mechanics alone.

:blush: Just trying to see if there's a way to get around it with game mechanics alone.

Not if Hinck is behind the mechanics' controls, there isn't :tongue:

If there's only one scum remaining, that player would win when there are three players left. If the scum can get it down to him/herself and two other townies, that is considered a win for said hypothetical scum. In case of a draw, 2 vs. 2, the scum would also win at that point. That's how it works in my games anyway.

I've been watching this last day to the very last post and wondered how scum could win if there was 1 scum and two townies? The majority would vote him off, correct?? So the town would win... :look:

I've been watching this last day to the very last post and wondered how scum could win if there was 1 scum and two townies? The majority would vote him off, correct?? So the town would win... :look:

No. You're quoting the rule that negates that. If there's one scum left and he's been good enough to get it down to three players, he/she wins. Period. Stop asking. That's the rule. Enough.

If there's three players left and there's one scum, the game ends, nobody votes, scum wins. What don't you understand at this point??

No. You're quoting the rule that negates that. If there's one scum left and he's been good enough to get it down to three players, he/she wins. Period. Stop asking. That's the rule. Enough.

If there's three players left and there's one scum, the game ends, nobody votes, scum wins. What don't you understand at this point??

I won't ask anymore... I'll won't put "?"s :devil:

What I don't understand is why the town can't vote, that's all I am confused about.

I won't ask anymore... I'll won't put "?"s :devil:

What I don't understand is why the town can't vote, that's all I am confused about.

I guess that is confusing. Sorry I was grumpy. I still love you. The town can't vote because they've lost. It's a way to keep it fair for the final scum. If he/she has fought everyone off as the sole remaining scum, they get a pass when it's down to the final three. Think of it as the two remaining town failing so miserably at seeing the third is scum that they lose the privilege of the final vote and the scum gets a reward for being so crafty.

I guess that is confusing. Sorry I was grumpy. I still love you. The town can't vote because they've lost. It's a way to keep it fair for the final scum. If he/she has fought everyone off as the sole remaining scum, they get a pass when it's down to the final three. Think of it as the two remaining town failing so miserably at seeing the third is scum that they lose the privilege of the final vote and the scum gets a reward for being so crafty.

Oh... I get it, though it is kind of strange. You are some god/voice in the sky (weird mafia term :hmpf: ) who smites his miserable minions for being terrible!... :laugh:

You are some god/voice in the sky (weird mafia term :hmpf: )

It is strange, isn't it? I'd rather be called the host, especially outside of the game thread. I guess it's a way to skirt metagaming/stay in character. I think "my subconscious" would be adequate.

It's a curious coincidence that the remaining four are two married couples :look: How odd.

I was just thinking that earlier...

Think of it as the two remaining town failing so miserably at seeing the third is scum that they lose the privilege of the final vote and the scum gets a reward for being so crafty.

Hahaha, well put. :laugh: :laugh:

It is strange, isn't it? I'd rather be called the host, especially outside of the game thread. I guess it's a way to skirt metagaming/stay in character. I think "my subconscious" would be adequate.

Don't listen to him! He's neglecting his poor ego! Y'all just keep calling him god/voice in the sky now, y'hear? :tongue:

But then couldn't the two vote each other off and everyone dies? The paranoid gun owner only shoots people that approach him at night, right?

Or actually, if the Day ended as soon as a conviction was reached, wouldn't whoever managed to get their vote in first have lynched the other before he himself was lynched and therefore win the game?

No, not since you need a majority vote, which you can't reach with one scum and one townie, without someone voting for himself. For luck such case can't exist in most of the games, as they have rules like Hinck.

Hinck, have you run out of Shadows characters? :look:

Are you going to post our grades soon? Not to rush you or anything, just wondering. :classic:

I thought Hinck said he wouldn't grade you anymore (as of a certain point in the game) because that might give information about affiliations of players still alive.

Don't tell me you missed Lucas Lion's appearance. :wink:

I thought Hinck said he wouldn't grade you anymore (as of a certain point in the game) because that might give information about affiliations of players still alive.

I said I'd leave out evaluation, I forgot to let them know if they passed or failed. Sorry! :blush: I'll update that right now.

:blush: I just copied and pasted your comment. :grin:

I'd like to thank Hinckley for both hosting this wonderful game, and letting me be part of it. It sure was great fun, and I did learn a thing or two :sweet: .

Sign in to follow this