r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

I heard strange speculation that those flesh tones showing up in non-licensed CMF series. To be honest, it’s hard for em to beleive.  So i feel there has to be a new theme?

I would prefer my regular CMFs to be yellow-toned!!! The CMFs are one source of characters for my modulars which have always been uniformly yellow!

Let SW, Disney, LOTR, Marvel, etc. get the skin tones!

It seems that these Minifigs are not Fortnite, and instead somehow connected to the recent “Play is Your Superpower” short that LEGO put out: 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Nice catch! Since the children’s costumes are not exactly like the Minifig designs, I do suspect that we will be getting them physically at some point. 
Video Link (Minifigs appear at 5:15). 

38 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It seems that these Minifigs are not Fortnite, and instead somehow connected to the recent “Play is Your Superpower” short that LEGO put out: 

Thanks for clarification! 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This seems to be part of the Rebuild the World ad campaign. 
Here

I was thinking.... if the next series (may24) is actually a Space one, will the thread be in this forum or the SciFi one?

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I was thinking.... if the next series (may24) is actually a Space one, will the thread be in this forum or the SciFi one?

Sci-Fi; licensed series (Marvel, Harry Potter, etc) are discussed in their respective threads. 

11 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Actually the Series is already discussed there in the 2024 Space sets and LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion Thread (among others in others), so I don´t think it actually will need its own thread.

There is a thread already created for Space-themed CMF Series.

But I got what you mean. The general sci-fi thread is a great spot for Space CMF series to talk about. But with many sci-fi (2024 Space sets and Sci-fi rumors and Space CMF Series), it might be a confusion.

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

There is a thread already created for Space-themed CMF Series.

But I got what you mean. The general sci-fi thread is a great spot for Space CMF series to talk about. But with many sci-fi (2024 Space sets and Sci-fi rumors and Space CMF Series), it might be a confusion.

IMO it gets more confusing the more threats are there. Just look at the CMF 25. It got discussed in its own thread, in the thread of the medieval towns square, and at least 5 other ;).

2 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

IMO it gets more confusing the more threats are there. Just look at the CMF 25. It got discussed in its own thread, in the thread of the medieval towns square, and at least 5 other ;).

Yeah I have seen some users posted something to discuss in Minifigures Series 25 - Guessing Game but that thread is not for discussion. It got more confusing. Talking about Eurobricks story, lol. 

3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Blame the goat.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Blame the goat.

Well you talked about goat in the gues in game thread so I blame AFOLs! I don’t accept scapeGOATs. :P

19 minutes ago, sylin said:

Has there been any news on what's coming beyond series 25? 

The next series after series 25 will be something related to space but we don't have any further details. Probably it has something to do with the space branding that's on various sets of different themes releasing 

11 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

The next series after series 25 will be something related to space but we don't have any further details. Probably it has something to do with the space branding that's on various sets of different themes releasing 

Not gonna lie, a modern day remake of Brick Daddy from Space Police III in a CMF would be fire

21 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Not gonna lie, a modern day remake of Brick Daddy from Space Police III in a CMF would be fire

I rather they bring back Space police for a year or two for 2-4 waves total instead. But for a CMF, I’d appreciate this, so the Space Police reboot can focus on producing new characters when it eventually comes around to being produced. 

Wanted to share an exciting find from recently. Went to a Barnes and Noble to find Beast from the Marvel Series 2 CMF and was stocked to see both Series 23 and the Disney Series 3 at some Barnes and Noble. I did not find any Marvel figures at all which is odd but a great reminder that Barnes and Noble is an amazing resource for retired sets. For about a year and sometimes a little longer you can find select retired sets at sole locations. I got the Star Wars Bounty Hunter Assault Ship a few years after it retired at a pretty popular spot! So always worth checking those out if you don’t want to Bricklink something. Not only that but I loved the experience of having to feel for a CMF figure. I hated Series 23 overall lol it is my absolute least favorite Series ever I rank it below Series 2, Series 19 and Series 18 (which was actually not that bad). So its ironic that despite hating every figure besides the 3 I wanted, I appreciate Series 23 so much for being the last Series to give me the opportunity to experience feeling for a figure and going to my car with excitement to see if I got it right. And I did! It feels so rewarding each time. Knowing that I can choose to buy only the ones I want because my skill at feeling the bags is strong. From now on I yse Bricklink but these were special memories for me to be honest. Going out to buy CMF figures was something I looked forward to. 

After seeing the Space City sets Im kind of worried for the Space CMF. What can they include in the CMF that isnt already in the sets? 

The aliens are not even minifigures in this. And a bunch of "astronauts" (aka humans in space) would be repetitive. Those are already in the sets

(Im assuming the CMF has to tie in with the sets, because otherwise what would be the point)

28 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

(Im assuming the CMF has to tie in with the sets, because otherwise what would be the point)

There is also the Icons black spaceship set (likely Blacktron), so we are getting some standalone Space content next year as well. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

After seeing the Space City sets Im kind of worried for the Space CMF. What can they include in the CMF that isnt already in the sets? 

The aliens are not even minifigures in this. And a bunch of "astronauts" (aka humans in space) would be repetitive. Those are already in the sets

I predict the Space CMF will contain perhaps:

- classic spaceman in a new color

- a humanoid alien

- a classic space theme revival like M-tron?

- a NASA suit person

- a famous space person

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I’m not worried about Space CMF Series. I’m sure there will be amazing minifigures in the furturistic CMF Series.  Alien with a new body part? A Classic Spaceman with alien face? M-Tron with a big blaster? Space Police? Zombie spaceman (unlikely, lol)? Space scientist (not in space suit)? Robotic helper? So many possibilities bu we don’t know yet. 

As long as it’s not a licensed series, I’m exited about Space CMF.

I’m pretty sure the 3rd series would be licensed later in 2024 (September). 

2 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I’m not worried about Space CMF Series. I’m sure there will be amazing minifigures in the furturistic CMF Series.  Alien with a new body part? A Classic Spaceman with alien face? M-Tron with a big blaster? Space Police? Zombie spaceman (unlikely, lol)? Space scientist (not in space suit)? Robotic helper? So many possibilities bu we don’t know yet. 

As long as it’s not a licensed series, I’m exited about Space CMF.

I’m pretty sure the 3rd series would be licensed later in 2024 (September). 

I'm down for a muscular alien body piece

1 minute ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I'm down for a muscular alien body piece

That would be fantastic! Or some new arm molds for aliens 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I am sure people would like to get classic space ficures from past themes. M-Tron, a new Classi Space Man Colour. Ice Planet and so on. However I would think they will include both remakes of old figures/themes and new Figures.

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

I predict the Space CMF will contain perhaps:

- classic spaceman in a new color

- a humanoid alien

- a classic space theme revival like M-tron?

- a NASA suit person

- a famous space person

Well I can see them including a Nasa Astronaut. But I don´t think they will bring an actual Person and neither do I need it. The more classic minifigures, the better IMO. However if they actually would want to include an actual historic astronaut, I would hope for Laika ;).