Drainpipe

Please show me how to make this!

Hello :) john cake and darren neave are two artists who work in lego, creating MOCs of galleries and artworks which exist in real life. I am curious as to how some of their creations were constructed, and was wondering if any of you could perhaps replicate the following in LDD, or even just explain it.

www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/walker/exhibitions/littleartists/balls.asp

Thank you for your assistance :)

post-8141-130369455529.jpg

Unfortunately, you cannot replicate this in LDD for 2-3 reasons.

-Basketballs to studs illegal connection

-Minifig torso or face may not exist in the program

-Depending if you have Extended mode, some bricks may not appear

P.S. This belongs in the LDD forum.

Edited by LegoCityFanatic

The balls are just leaning on that trans blue piece. Nothing complicated...

P.S. This belongs in the LDD forum.

Possibly.

Hello :) john cake and darren neave are two artists who work in lego, creating MOCs of galleries and artworks which exist in real life. I am curious as to how some of their creations were constructed, and was wondering if any of you could perhaps replicate the following in LDD, or even just explain it.

www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/walker/exhibitions/littleartists/balls.asp

i don't see which pieces are used to suspend the balls, all i really want explained is the two black plates and everything between them

Thank you for your assistance :)

post-8141-130379911903.jpg

Using LDD to reproduce particular building techniques is not a good way: LDD is a bit strict about legal/illegal connections argument.

In order to "suspend" the balls, it seems he used this piece, however.

He places pieces 4865 for the internal part, and pieces 2362a for the external part.

PS: you should use a more meaningful title when you create a new discussion :)

Please don't create clone topics; if you want a topic moved report it and ask. I've merged the discussions...

PS: you should use a more meaningful title when you create a new discussion :)

...and improved the name.

My apologies, i am relatively new to the internet and very new to forums :(

so the balls aren't actually enclosed? they just rest on the 4865's?

I believe this is how it's done: LXF - balls left out because I'm too lazy to build the scaffolding needed to position the case around them.

Haha! I saw just this on Sunday when I went to the Tate in Liverpool, though that tank contained three basketballs. :tongue:

Nice job making it in LDD, Calabar.

I did that for you! :wink:

Here is the lxf file.

Technically, if you want it to match the original MOC, the 1x2x1 panels (brick 4865) should be 42 Transparent Light Blue rather than 43 Transparent Blue. But it's a stylistic decision in any event.

thank you very much :) it is quite simple after all :) you are all very talented with LDD, or more accurately very good at identifying how things were constructed by sight :) some of you are familiar with the little artists? which works are your favourites, may i ask? have you ever attempted their sort of thing with bricks yourself? again, many thanks for the solution :)

thank you very much :) it is quite simple after all :) you are all very talented with LDD, or more accurately very good at identifying how things were constructed by sight :) some of you are familiar with the little artists? which works are your favourites, may i ask? have you ever attempted their sort of thing with bricks yourself? again, many thanks for the solution :)

Nah I've never ever heard of little artists, I was talking about the original work by Koons :wink: