Gregorovich

Single Pane LEGO Licensed Theme Funnies

All right, time for a new installment:

The first is an obvious joke (the pun has been used in Batman:The Animated Series, but I put a new spin on it):

harley.jpg

The next is based off of a comment in some unfindable review of Arkham:

phone_issue.jpg

"Hello?"

The inspiration comment (not an exact quote):

"The placement is odd, as anyone standing at the phone would be squished when the doors open."

I hope you enjoyed those funnies!

Not bad, Mario, even if they're not completely original.

Alright, here's another funny involving the One Ring and a Marvel villain:

8625751612_8de00622ed_z.jpg

Mount Doom by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

But I can't have a batch without the Mandarin, so here's a joke that just had to be done:

8625750548_b543c6ea50_z.jpg

Sloppy Choppers by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

And has anyone else ever wondered why the Turtles were named after artists?

8625753362_4dce58517d_z.jpg

Turtle Artist by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

By the way, I have started to make T-shirts with my pictures on them! Check them out here and let me know which of my funnies would make good t-shirts! :sweet:

Ah.... Oky, Oky, Oky. Mandarin and "Dr. Doom-to-licensed-fictional-locations-with-the-word-Doom-in-it" funnies are recurrent in your work! How may more can you do? Sure I'll peruse your funnies to see what I like! I've got a few more ideas brewing with my new Spider-Cycle Chase set and promotional Hulk (thanks to Kyphur)!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Ha, ha! I love mount Doom! Sloppy choppers is great, as is Turtle Artists! I'll get back to you on which you should put your t-shirts.

Don't quit your day job turtles. Nice work, as always, Oky. :grin:

Wouldn't that be their night job? :tongue: Thanks!

Ah.... Oky, Oky, Oky. Mandarin and "Dr. Doom-to-licensed-fictional-locations-with-the-word-Doom-in-it" funnies are recurrent in your work! How may more can you do?

Does two or three times count as recurring? Well, I guess it's time to start a new series: Gollum's Quest for Rings! :grin:

8631650999_73018143d2_z.jpg

Stealer of the Rings by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

More crossovers!

8632759702_4f4ac9006c_z.jpg

Wrong Malibu Mansion by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Only fans of the original show will get this one:

8632816432_5425e48065_z.jpg

Death Drome by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Is that Green Lantern ring an official piece at an obscure angle? If not, what is it? Gollum should have a ring black market all leading to him! I love your PIXAR references, as I will always understand them! This was no exception, and I thought it was quite funny!

Is that Green Lantern ring an official piece at an obscure angle? If not, what is it? Gollum should have a ring black market all leading to him! I love your PIXAR references, as I will always understand them! This was no exception, and I thought it was quite funny!

it is a flat green tile piece

Great idea to make a GL ring!

I get all the jokes, but only barely on the Barbie one. (Never played with any as a kid. :tongue: )

How do you do it though? I never would have thought of any of these jokes, but once you do 'em, they seem so obvious!

I love all the cross-overs, so keep 'em coming! You're absolutely hilarious. :laugh:

Thanks guys! And yes, that's a 1x1 trans-green round tile, this one from the Venomari Shrine to be exact, although it is also available in an unprinted form in these sets.

I get all the jokes, but only barely on the Barbie one. (Never played with any as a kid. :tongue: )

Well, I don't think there has ever really been a Barbie toy called "Malibu Mansion", but it certainly sounds like a Barbie toy, which is what I am making fun of. :wink:

How do you do it though? I never would have thought of any of these jokes, but once you do 'em, they seem so obvious!

For crossovers, it's a simple matter of finding similarities, whether it is names, actors, looks, character traits, or set designs. I just make fun of anything that looks or sounds the same. :wink:

You know, now that you mention it, the Death Star does look like the Technodrome without wheels. The Malibu Mansion I saw a mile away, but from the guise of "Rejected Friends set names" and not as a Toy Story joke. :tongue:

You know, now that you mention it, the Death Star does look like the Technodrome without wheels.

It's actually a pretty old joke. The show itself even kinda made fun of it in the movie Turtles Forever by modifying it to look even more like the Death Star. And someone has already used that piece to build a Technodrome.

384px-Turtles_Forever_Technodrome.jpg

And someone has already used that piece to build a Technodrome.

Aw! I wanted to build it first! :angry: Looks awesome still. And I hated "TMNT forever"! How dare they make fun of Krang, one of the favourite supervillains from my childhood!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thanks guys! And yes, that's a 1x1 trans-green round tile, this one from the Venomari Shrine to be exact, although it is also available in an unprinted form in these sets.

Well, I don't think there has ever really been a Barbie toy called "Malibu Mansion", but it certainly sounds like a Barbie toy, which is what I am making fun of. :wink:

For crossovers, it's a simple matter of finding similarities, whether it is names, actors, looks, character traits, or set designs. I just make fun of anything that looks or sounds the same. :wink:

\

Wasnt Malibu Mansion where barbie lived in Toy Story? There really is is a set called Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse

It's actually a pretty old joke. The show itself even kinda made fun of it in the movie Turtles Forever by modifying it to look even more like the Death Star. And someone has already used that piece to build a Technodrome.

I see. Never did see the 4Kids TMNT, only some bits and pieces of the 80s cartoon, but maybe I was a little young to catch the potshots against the Technodrome as a Death Star on wheels. And someone did use the Death Star planet set as a Technodrome, eh? The ingenuity of AFOLs always intrigue me. And Penguin, who says you can't do one? I for one would love to see how you do it, seeing your customs in the past.

Aw! I wanted to build it first! :angry:

Like Amset-Ra said, it would still be great to see your take on it! :sweet:

Wasnt Malibu Mansion where barbie lived in Toy Story? There really is is a set called Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse

No, that was "Ken's Dream House", which in turn was based on Barbie's Dream House from 1983.

And yeah, Malibu Dream House is close enough I guess. :classic:

Well whatever the Barbie house was called, it was still funny. All I know about Barbie's Dream House is that Greg Heffley wanted one when he was younger! (oh, I hope someone will get that!)

Keep it up, Oky! I hope to make some and post them soon! (Teaser: Two-Face is in one, Nick Fury is in the other...)

Edited by 8BrickMario

Well whatever the Barbie house was called, it was still funny. All I know about Barbie's Dream House is that Greg Heffley wanted one when he was younger! (oh, I hope someone will get that!)

Greg just wanted to use it as a army base for his action figures.

Right then, here are my funnies:

Not bad, although I don't quite get the first one. It just seems like a scene from a ForrestFire video and is a little disturbing since Bruce Wayne probably owns a theme park for real. My favorite is the third one though. At first I thought it was going to be another obvious Avengers-made-out-of-Lego joke, but it wasn't. Well played! :thumbup: Plus Hawkeye using his bow and arrow as a tool is hilarious.

Here's some more superhero fun from me:

8638754514_f1bceea9d9_z.jpg

TDKR in a Nutshell by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

This one is kind of a lame pun:

8637651119_5e5a261d5d_z.jpg

Fast and Furyous by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

And this one was suggested to me by Ultron32:

8637684607_623c04d965_z.jpg

Super Friends by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Oh god . No Super Friends! I imagine Supes will be disturbed if he turns around..,

The Evil Dreams funny was hilarious! Of course Catwoman wants yarn!