When you hover over a piece with the color picker tool, it "pulses" or glows. WOAH

I actually think this is very annoying, because you can't easily tell what the color was you wanted to copy. As it pulses, only for a few microseconds does it show the right color. No, I prefered the old one, even if that wasn't very pretty with seeing all the polygons. Yet, I can understand why they had to change it, becuase LU mode is now avilable to the general public. But I still challenge the LDD team to come up with something better :wink: (like maybe glowing/pulsating brick boundary box?)

As far as I can tell, all the models that opened with 4.0 open with 4.1 (in respect to size limitations). So the largest models still open in 4.1 if the opened in 4.0. I did notice LDD "tried harder" to open the large files before it crashes...but it still crashes :tongue:

I've noticed this too. I normally don't work with big models, but I have one such model, and it crashes on me too now. However, if I turn off Advanced shading and Show brick outlines, it does work.

Anyone discovered the secret behind why LDD doesn't wish to open still?

Anyone discovered the secret behind why LDD doesn't wish to open still?

Have you read and followed this topic to the letter yet?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48663

Otherwise, you should look here if you want to help:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53912

(Please read the forum topics, the answer might be there....)

Have you read and followed this topic to the letter yet?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48663

Otherwise, you should look here if you want to help:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53912

(Please read the forum topics, the answer might be there....)

I don't understand how I can get to Advanced Graphics if LDD won't start in the first place?

Oh cool! they've finally differentiated "Insect eye" from "dome, diameter 32" - now it's all full of faceted goodness like the real piece.

I don't understand how I can get to Advanced Graphics if LDD won't start in the first place?

Well, the second topic has a section about all things you should try if cannot get LDD to start. Please read the entire topic. I get the feeling you just look at the heading, and then nothing more. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

And if you after trying everthing in that topic and it still doesn't work, then you need to be more explicit about your machine, if you've run LDD 4.0 or not, etc etc.

I want to inform after I deleted whole Lego folder in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\ and instaled LDD again it starts working!

Yeah, that does seem to do the trick for most people. And thanks for posting also that info, becuase the more we know that you can get it to work by cleaning out old stuff, the better (means that there is nothing wrong with LDD itself, but that there is an installation problem)

Well, the second topic has a section about all things you should try if cannot get LDD to start. Please read the entire topic. I get the feeling you just look at the heading, and then nothing more. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

And if you after trying everthing in that topic and it still doesn't work, then you need to be more explicit about your machine, if you've run LDD 4.0 or not, etc etc.

Yeah, that does seem to do the trick for most people. And thanks for posting also that info, becuase the more we know that you can get it to work by cleaning out old stuff, the better (means that there is nothing wrong with LDD itself, but that there is an installation problem)

I read the topic. It just doesn't relate to my problem therefore I ask again. FAQ's don't solve everything.I'll try deleting the bits and bobs.

it's in preferences.ini, hang on, I'm gonna pull it up - but it's just a case of swapping a yes to a no or a 1 to an 0 or something. be right back...

Edit:

SelectedPostProcessingEffect=0

UseRoundEdges=no

UseShadersInScene=no

UseShadersInPalette=no

I'm pretty sure there are other graphics options, but my laptop doesn't even give the options for the more advanced ones. they're pretty self explanatory if I remember correctly

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I read the topic. It just doesn't relate to my problem therefore I ask again. FAQ's don't solve everything.I'll try deleting the bits and bobs.

Sorry, then I missunderstod you. Lets hope someone else here understands better what your problem is and maybe has a solution.

It seems that they've also removed the 100 Light Red (Flesh) color :wacko:

...Which is good, because that color isn't Flesh. 100 Light Red corresponds to Bricklink's Light Salmon, a color you probably won't end up using much if at all. In contrast, Bricklink's Flesh is 18 Nougat (still on the palette), and Bricklink's Light Flesh is 183 Light Nougat.

I'm kind of upset that LEGO removed most of the non-current colors, but at the same time it helps keep people from making so many mistakes. Nowadays the only mistakes I really anticipate seeing much of color-wise are people confusing the various grey colors (and in current sets, the only trouble should be people confusing Light and Medium Stone Grey).

...Which is good, because that color isn't Flesh. 100 Light Red corresponds to Bricklink's Light Salmon, a color you probably won't end up using much if at all. In contrast, Bricklink's Flesh is 18 Nougat (still on the palette), and Bricklink's Light Flesh is 183 Light Nougat.

I'm kind of upset that LEGO removed most of the non-current colors, but at the same time it helps keep people from making so many mistakes. Nowadays the only mistakes I really anticipate seeing much of color-wise are people confusing the various grey colors (and in current sets, the only trouble should be people confusing Light and Medium Stone Grey).

I do kind of miss "Pitch Black" though, much more ominous then regular flat black.

I do kind of miss "Pitch Black" though, much more ominous then regular flat black.

From what I recall, the "normal black" was actually intended to be pitch black, but it was then discovered that if you don't have outlines turned on an all black model looked like a big black hole :tongue:

From what I recall, the "normal black" was actually intended to be pitch black, but it was then discovered that if you don't have outlines turned on an all black model looked like a big black hole :tongue:

But it looks SO much cooler!

LDDScreenShot74.png

LDDScreenShot73.png

See!

But it looks SO much cooler!

Yepp, coulnt' agree more with your model :classic:, but some other all black models would in certain angles not give any reflections at all and you couldn't see what it was.

I guess the solution would be that the LDD developers render with pitch black if brick outlines is turned on, and with the more greyish black if not. For us fans, the solution is off couse to use Aanchirs color reference and use the pitch black anyway.

That color (109 PC Black IR) is the color used exclusively for infrared transmitters and receivers in some sets. I actually prefer regular 26 Black just because it shows shading more like a real set. But then again, perhaps that's more important to me because the outlined bricks option doesn't work on my computer. In any event, as far as accuracy is concerned, again, you're rarely going to need 109.

Generally, the only colors that have been removed from the palette that I imagine people are likely to need to replicate actual bricks are certain metallic colors like 296 Cool Silver (Pearl Light Gray, 2006) and 131 Silver (Pearl Light Gray, all other years before mid-2010). For some reason 179 Silver Flip/Flop is on the new palette in the "Vintage Colors" category when it was almost never used in sets (main use was for six masks in a single BIONICLE mask pack). In most cases, though, I'm hoping the smaller palette will cause less confusion, and for people who need the larger palette my Complete LDD Color Chart should satisfy those needs.

In any event, as far as accuracy is concerned, again, you're rarely going to need 109.

Who said anything about accuracy?

If I'm going to build a virtual model far out of my price range and don't have the parts to construct it in real life, I might as well make it look cool.

Who said anything about accuracy?

If I'm going to build a virtual model far out of my price range and don't have the parts to construct it in real life, I might as well make it look cool.

Totally your prerogative. As I said, my complete LDD color chart is always an option. Unfortunately, not everyone uses those colors for aesthetic reasons-- some do in fact use obscure colors completely by mistake (I've seen people use 210 Faded Green or 233 Light Faded Green for Sand Green from time to time). And it's those people who I hope will benefit from the smaller color palette.

Believe me, I also enjoy using rare or obscure colors in LDD MOCs from time to time, and that's part of the reason I put that chart together in the first place: after all, some of the colors on there have never been on the main color palette, even in version 4.0.

Is there some way to upload 3D models built in 'LDD Extended mode', like it could with 'LDD Universe', or is it just possible to upload models built in 'Design by me'? I have couple of models I've been working on before the update happened and now I can't seem to upload those models. Thanks!

Is there some way to upload 3D models built in 'LDD Extended mode', like it could with 'LDD Universe', or is it just possible to upload models built in 'Design by me'? I have couple of models I've been working on before the update happened and now I can't seem to upload those models. Thanks!

Not sure about uploading, but I know you never could buy anything in any mode other than DbM. I would assume if you mean show the model on TLG's site that since LE mode is apparently an AFOL-only thing for now that it wouldn't be supported. (although admittedly I've never uploaded anything to TLG's LDD site so I don't really know for sure)

Not sure about uploading, but I know you never could buy anything in any mode other than DbM. I would assume if you mean show the model on TLG's site that since LE mode is apparently an AFOL-only thing for now that it wouldn't be supported. (although admittedly I've never uploaded anything to TLG's LDD site so I don't really know for sure)

Actually, I believe models in LEGO Universe mode could previously be uploaded to the LEGO Universe site, which I don't think paid any attention to what modes things were in. Of course, I never paid any attention to the LEGO Universe site so I could easily be getting my facts wrong. The DesignByMe site indeed only supports models in LEGO DesignByMe mode as far as I know.

no more baseplates? I just upgraded tonight and to be honest I am not happy at all! I was about to start on a project only to find that they are not offering the 16x32 base plates anymore!? am I correct on this or am I just not seeing it somewhere? and if so I guess I need to stock up on Apple Tree Houses for another reason.