Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Ten

As for these accusations against the General, well they are just ridiculous. There's no reason to believe them and while I do admit he has a shorter fuse than usual I'd hardly call him mad. :sceptic:

Well, maybe the general is mad, or maybe he isn't, but we shoudn't handle a gun to those on his side (although you already seem to have a gun).

I would like one of the officers to take it.

And I don't like General Stanley, it's highly possible he's really gone mad. We mustn't underestimate the danger he presents nor may we ignore this warning.

And perhaps you don't care about the congressman, but he locked him away for almost nothing. Not that I ever voted for him, but at least he didn't seem to be insane.

Figures that that blasted general has gone mad. First he aims a contingency plot at our backside, then he arrests the congeressman. Idiot.

I'd like to pocket the apple

Then I'd like to ask the newcomer why he uses so much hair product.

How do you suggest we would do that?

Jam a rock down the barrel so that it can't fire, break the trigger off, I don't think it would be that hard.

Also, I understand how you all feel about the general but I think we should be quiet. He has a lot of power and I don't think he would take it well if we offended him.

Why don't you show us a few of these secrets you claim are here, director, and we can decide if you're legit. Or at least answer a few of Simmons' questions.

I would like to check the gun for blood, fingerprints, etc.

I would like to then take the gun, unload it, keep the ammo, and give the useless gun to Chief Fields.

Everyone seemed happy when we did that before.

I would like to ask the Director where he comes from and ask why he can't just shoot stanley.

I would like to ask him about project wolf.

Well, maybe the general is mad, or maybe he isn't, but we shoudn't handle a gun to those on his side

Well that is a bit silly. I'm not on anyones side, nor do I think this apparent paranioa you have about the military is very beneficial. If you feel that you don't trust me and want to give the gun to your own police force (because the police of this town can clearly be trusted :sceptic:) then I suppose that would be acceptable. However, I simply cannot allow a civilian to be given it - whether the gun is loaded or not.

And I don't like General Stanley, it's highly possible he's really gone mad. We mustn't underestimate the danger he presents nor may we ignore this warning.

I'm not denying it's possible, I'm saying that I have no reason to believe that he has besides the claim of Director Hoffman. I shall stand by my superior until you can prove to me otherwise. I dislike plenty of people, doesn't make them dangerous.

And perhaps you don't care about the congressman, but he locked him away for almost nothing. Not that I ever voted for him, but at least he didn't seem to be insane.

It was a regrettable decision I'm sure. The congressman brought it entirely upon himself though, blabbing about goverment secrets like that.

I would like to ask the Director where he comes from and ask why he can't just shoot stanley.

Clearly this person is responsible enough to be given the use of a firearm. :hmpf:

Well that is a bit silly. I'm not on anyones side, nor do I think this apparent paranioa you have about the military is very beneficial. If you feel that you don't trust me and want to give the gun to your own police force (because the police of this town can clearly be trusted :sceptic:) then I suppose that would be acceptable. However, I simply cannot allow a civilian to be given it - whether the gun is loaded or not.

Yes, I distrust the military forces a bit, and I think I have every reason to do so. Your national guards will shoot anyone who leaves town, the general has killed a CIA agent, this whole place is under military law and we'll all be put onto a secret island if we on't get the commies. And it was general Stanley who seems to rule this place and he managed to get you in our group. Sorry, that I don't trust you, but otherwise than the other "civilians" I hardly know you and your loyality seems to be with Stanley and not with us villagers.

It was a regrettable decision I'm sure. The congressman brought it entirely upon himself though, blabbing about goverment secrets like that.

He told us information we might need to get those commies. If we wouldn't know there's a secret faculty, we wouldn't know what they're up to. The general just lets us poke in the dark. It almost seems he doesn't even want us to get them and would prefer to deport us right now. :hmpf_bad:

Clearly this person is responsible enough to be given the use of a firearm. :hmpf:

I agree, his statement is a bit weird, but it's a fair question, isn't it?

You misunderstand the statement. He said that he cannot defeat Stanley alone and I am asking why he can't off Stanley himself.

the general has killed a CIA agent,

Again, I have been given no reason to believe that is true. Here we have a dead body, I could easily just say that I saw you shoot this man. Does that mean I am correct? No. So why are you blindly trusting Hoffman?

this whole place is under military law and we'll all be put onto a secret island if we on't get the commies.

Then surely it would be better if you focused on finding the spies among you instead of accusing the General of having lost his mind on the word of someone who has not yet provided any basis for their accusation.

He told us information we might need to get those commies.

So how much further has this information got you? In case you have forgotten, your "group" is under suspicion and there are communists among you. I have no idea how you could possibly think the Congressman telling the potential spies about goverment secrets could be considered helpful. :hmpf:

I have no idea how you could possibly think the Congressman telling the potential spies about goverment secrets could be considered helpful. default_hmpf.gif

Don't worry, the commies can't get out. We have a wonderful national guard blockade destorying our libertys to insure that no one gets out unless the general wants them arresteddefault_angry.gif.

Mabey I'm a little slow but if this is such a huge problem, why didn't your beloved general radio the Lakota to stay clear?

Also, I would rather trust this guy than a power crazed general; I've had enough with those.

I would like a description of the surrounding area.

I would also like to examine the body, to see whether he was killed by the gun at his feet.

I think one of us should pocket the gun. The question is, who should?

There are a few hills around you, as well as some bushes and leaves. Examining the body, this man was indeed killed by the gun at his feet.

Um hello Director... I have a few questions, where to start?

What is wrong with Stanley? Why is he mad at the CIA? Is this Stanley's gun, or Howards? Is the apple your lunch, or a poisoned fruit?

Surely you can tell us more about project Wolf? Is there an access here in the hills to your secret lab? Have you been able to evacuate the lab yet, or are you still in the process? You must certainly know one Jessica, working on project Wolf, is she still here in Alabatha?

"I don't know. I'm sure we all know the phrase, "Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely." General Stanley was granted to use any means necessary to evacuate Project Wolf. He took this too far it would see. I don't know why he's mad at the CIA, and this is Howard's gun. The apple is my lunch, I dropped it in surprise. Also, the lab is still undergoing evacuations.

Jessica you say? Oh, yes she's still here. She's in the lab evacuating it."

No offense, director, but how do we know we can trust you? Are we just supposed ta take your word that Stanley's nuts? How do we know you didn't kill Agent Howard?

For all we know, you could be one of the commies we're looking for.

I would like to search the body for ID or notes he might have had.

Searching the body for an ID, there is one found in his pocket. His name is Jack Howard, CIA Operative with Top Secret Clearance. He does have notes, but they're very vague. For example; "Watch the Hills" and "The Lighthouse".

"Jack Howard was the man who came ashore that first day, his craft was damaged in the storm, however. That's what made the huge mess in the water."

Right now, I think it would be safest to unload the gun and try to destroy it.

I would like to see if the bullet that killed Howard matches the ones used to kill any of the townies.

It's quite impossible to test that out without proper ballistics tests, as Howard's gun is quite popular.

Me, this shouldn't really be a matter up for discussion.

Once everyone has finished inspecting it, I shall take the gun and hold on to it.

I hope no one objects?

How do you suggest we would do that?

As for these accusations against the General, well they are just ridiculous. There's no reason to believe them and while I do admit he has a shorter fuse than usual I'd hardly call him mad. :sceptic:

Being the most responsible person here, Captain Garrison takes the gun, and holds onto it for safe keeping.

"I'm not comfortable going behind the General's back like this, perhaps we should tell him we're here." Garrison says.

"Absolutely not!" Hoffman says. "If he hears that Howard is dead, then he'll likely end up being worse than he is now."

Well, maybe the general is mad, or maybe he isn't, but we shoudn't handle a gun to those on his side (although you already seem to have a gun).

I would like one of the officers to take it.

Officer Harrison rudely grabs the gun from Captain Garrison.

Figures that that blasted general has gone mad. First he aims a contingency plot at our backside, then he arrests the congeressman. Idiot.

I'd like to pocket the apple

Then I'd like to ask the newcomer why he uses so much hair product.

Stevie takes the apple.

"That's my lunch..." Director Hoffman says. "And I like looking stylish."

Why don't you show us a few of these secrets you claim are here, director, and we can decide if you're legit. Or at least answer a few of Simmons' questions.

"I cannot divulge any information about Project Wolf, I am sorry."

I would like to check the gun for blood, fingerprints, etc.

I would like to then take the gun, unload it, keep the ammo, and give the useless gun to Chief Fields.

Everyone seemed happy when we did that before.

I would like to ask him about project wolf.

Officer Harrison checks the gun for blood and fingerprints, but can't find any. He then takes the gun, and unloads it, and gives the empty gun to Chief Fields. Captain Garrison, then hearing the question about shooting Stanley, takes the empty gun from Fields.

"I come from Washington, D.C., but I usually work here." Hoffman says.

"Wait, instead of Officer Harrison having the bullets, why don't we split them up amongst ourselves?" Mayor Bradford suggests.

"We need five people to hold one bullet each." Harrison says.

"Wait, instead of Officer Harrison having the bullets, why don't we split them up amongst ourselves?" Mayor Bradford suggests.

"We need five people to hold one bullet each." Harrison says.

Ok I'll take one.

"I'm not comfortable going behind the General's back like this, perhaps we should tell him we're here." Garrison says.

"Absolutely not!" Hoffman says. "If he hears that Howard is dead, then he'll likely end up being worse than he is now."

Wait, are you suggesting that we leave this Jack Howard fellow here? Shouldn't we take the body to the morgue? Or at least call for help?

Yes, obviously you're so much more helpful than the General. :hmpf: How would hearin' about Howard's death upset him? Didn't you say that Stanley killed him?

I can take one of them bullets if it would help the situation. Although since Fields and Harrison already have firearms, I don't know how one of them havin' another one changes things so much.

I would like to compare the notes from Howard with the notes we have already found to determine if he wrote any of them.

I guess I will take a bullet. And what do we plan to do now? I think we need to demand access to Project Wolf, we can learn something from it.

Guys, we need to head back to the lighthouse. I've been looking over our results again, and realsied- that map had four places circled, the Farm, our house, the Town Hall, and the Lighthouse. The Farm and the Town Hall were connected via the tunnel. It's possible the government entended to use that thing dad's digging as another tunnel exit. If that man was an agent, those probably marked enterances to the tunnel- the lab was supposed to be somewhere in there, right? Which means the Lighthouse must have something to do with it. Which means, again, we need to check out the lighthouse for a second time.

Ok I'll take one.

Wait, are you suggesting that we leave this Jack Howard fellow here? Shouldn't we take the body to the morgue? Or at least call for help?

Farmer Alan takes a bullet.

"Take it to the morgue? For what? We don't have a coroner anymore, plus we shouldn't bother." Hoffman says.

Yes, obviously you're so much more helpful than the General. :hmpf: How would hearin' about Howard's death upset him? Didn't you say that Stanley killed him?

I can take one of them bullets if it would help the situation. Although since Fields and Harrison already have firearms, I don't know how one of them havin' another one changes things so much.

I would like to compare the notes from Howard with the notes we have already found to determine if he wrote any of them.

James takes a bullet. Howard did indeed write all of the notes that the party has found.

"General Stanley murdered Howard this morning in a psychotic rage after detaining the Congressman. He, unfortunately, doesn't remember any of it. I've worked with Stanley for twelve years, I should know his behavior." Hoffman says.

I guess I will take a bullet. And what do we plan to do now? I think we need to demand access to Project Wolf, we can learn something from it.

Gloria takes a bullet.

Does the General often have these kinds of rages and memory loss? Somethin' just don't seem right about your story. Maybe you're just tryin' to lead us astray, Hoffman.

Garrison, have you heard about Stanley's temper before?

Do you mean he wrote every single note we've found? If so, that is one prolific dead guy.

Hmm... ok we'll leave the dead agent here for now, but we'll come back for him when this ordeal is over. While we're in the hills, perhaps we should continue our investigation.

I would like to continue the search of the hills, moving on to the next hill or the next area that can be explored.

Does the General often have these kinds of rages and memory loss? Somethin' just don't seem right about your story. Maybe you're just tryin' to lead us astray, Hoffman.

Garrison, have you heard about Stanley's temper before?

Do you mean he wrote every single note we've found? If so, that is one prolific dead guy.

Most of the notes, the only note he didn't write is the one found in the locker at the Fire Brigade.

Hmm... ok we'll leave the dead agent here for now, but we'll come back for him when this ordeal is over. While we're in the hills, perhaps we should continue our investigation.

I would like to continue the search of the hills, moving on to the next hill or the next area that can be explored.

Would everyone like to move on to the next hill?

As I just said a few minutes ago, I'd like to head to the lighthouse soon. But I guess we can finish up here first.

Well, at least we know who was writing all these notes.

I vote that we continue to search the hills and then search the lighthouse.

Also, are you still evacuating project wolf with the national guard blockade?

One more question, I hope this wasn't asked yet: Why didn't the General shoot you, although you're oviously against him? And why did you stay here, although the General might think again about letting you alive and come back to kill you?

Sign in to follow this