Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Thanks for those pictures, eiker86! The cabin is pretty disappointing, but the rest of the ship is nice. The box looks surprisingly small. It's a shame about Angelica's hat being connected, but we get her hairpiece without the hat on Syrena anyway. I look forward to more pictures!

EDIT: You posted the new pictures just after I posted this. Thanks for them!

Edited by Gregorovich

Great, thanks! :thumbup:

I was just thinking, and it would be great if TLG made a set similar to the Harry Potter Diagon Alley set, only Tortuga. They could then do justice to the port I think. A couple of buildings, and maybe a dock. Minifigs could be: Jack (duh), Gibbs, Will, Scarlett and Gazelle (those two wenches who always slap Jack in the face), and maybe Noringtton and Elizabeth in Dead Man's Chest garb. It would make a great exclusive set.

Yeah. That would be great =)

I would buy that with once...

PS: the picture of hat and hair comes later because of loss of power ;) but i have laid out some more pics.

Well they didn't fool me. I just thought that the new boxes meant Pirates. Last time a few months ago the new HP sets came the exact way and I helped them put the sets on the shelf. I thought for sure I was going to score a lucky few pirates sets.

Does Blackbeard have a double sided head? :pir_laugh2: n the images they put hes bead/hair piece on the wrong way

if possible i would like to see how blackbeard looks with a tricone on instead of the davy jones hat.

Ya, I was wonderin too if Blackbeard has a double head? Also, are Jack's hair/hat and the sword of Triton (Blackbeard's sword) hard plastic or softer?

Gosh I can't wait to get QAR I will have epic battles with it against my other ships. Now all I need is a Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman and I can really have some fun.

I've been looking at images of the Captain's Cabin, and I've realised that if you make a few mods to the shelf (take it off the base, remove the clips and bones from the side), you could actually decorate the cabin of the QAR! If I ever get both sets (which I highly doubt due to money and other sets) I'll definetely do that, so that Blackbeard can have a proper cabin, not just a desk.

Gosh I can't wait to get QAR I will have epic battles with it against my other ships. Now all I need is a Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman and I can really have some fun.

One aspect of the Flying Dutchman I hope they get right is the triple guns, those canons that come out at the front of the ship. That will allow for some awesome playability! Also, I hope they give Davy Jones a different sword to be like the one he stole from Noringtton, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Also, when the sets do come out, I was thinking about a POTC Funnies thread, similar to the one in the Star Wars forum. I have a bunch of great ideas for the old Mega Bloks figs and the new LEGO ones. It would'nt be neccesary to start it until all the sets are out and people have them, but I think a lot of great stuff could come from it.

Edited by Fives

Pokker ta deg, vi andre må vente til 16 April eller lenger -.-'

Good for you then.. XD

hehe... But u have to join Brikkelauget ;)

Does Blackbeard have a double sided head? :pir_laugh2: n the images they put hes bead/hair piece on the wrong way

if possible i would like to see how blackbeard looks with a tricone on instead of the davy jones hat.

Blackbeard only have one sided head. Im home again on monday, so ill take more photos then =) and with a tricorne ;)

Ya, I was wonderin too if Blackbeard has a double head? Also, are Jack's hair/hat and the sword of Triton (Blackbeard's sword) hard plastic or softer?

Same as above and Jack's hat is hard plastic, The sword of Triton is rubber at the sharp end and hard plastic at the handle.

Some other info: Blackbeard's beard is soft rubber and the same as the dwarf beard but with thoose new things sticking out.

PS: my english aint the greatest ;)

hehe... But u have to join Brikkelauget ;)

Blackbeard only have one sided head. Im home again on monday, so ill take more photos then =) and with a tricorne ;)

Same as above and Jack's hat is hard plastic, The sword of Triton is rubber at the sharp end and hard plastic at the handle.

Some other info: Blackbeard's beard is soft rubber and the same as the dwarf beard but with thoose new things sticking out.

PS: my english aint the greatest ;)

Interesting tid bit of info, those 'new things' sticking out of Blackbeard's beard are canon fuses. Apparantly he would put lit canon fuses in his beard to intimidate his enemies. Kinda cool...

thanks eiker 86 for the pics from 4195! Actually the cabin is better than i thought, at least it contains something, i was thinking that it may be totally empty.

5409311316_5d1a576639_o.jpg

Is mine as soon as it hits the shelf.

Agreed (if I have the cash, that is!).

So Blackbeard's hat is detachable? That's quite good, because his hat is great.

I need money and space.

Ditto. LOL!

LEGO has been feeding off my wallet quite extensively lately and it doesn't appear that they'll be letting up any time soon.

5409311316_5d1a576639_o.jpg

Is mine as soon as it hits the shelf.

This is probably my favourite of all the sets. Its got Barbossa! He's the best! And it has two of those new scabbards and hats, plus that new female hair for Elizabeth, and those new gold blocks! All you need is one new bottle piece and this set would contain a lot of the new stuff from this theme!

The POTC sets will be available through Barnes and Noble on May 1 in the US. The online prices are 10% off SRP and they offer free shipping on orders over $25.

List of Sets: http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?ATH=LEGO&STORE=book&SZE=10&SRT=DD

Are the Lego Stores likely to sell products earlier than more general releases? Forget the 10% off if I can get the QAR in April. :pir-grin:

Edited by Invader Zim

Cool, thanks for the info Invader Zim. You wouldn't happen to know if Barnes & Noble is the only place (besides LEGO stores) that sell them in the US, would you?

When do new products appear on LEGO shop@home? Don't they sometimes appear a bit before release? I just want to get some more close up looks on the QAR and, hek, all the other sets too! I am getting a bit worried, though. The release is still slated for April 16th, right?

Cool, thanks for the info Invader Zim. You wouldn't happen to know if Barnes & Noble is the only place (besides LEGO stores) that sell them in the US, would you?

I'm sure all of the usual suspects will too like ToysRUs, Target, etc. Right now it's just a matter of who puts website info up earliest for nerds like me to find before I should.

The POTC sets will be available through Barnes and Noble on May 1 in the US. The online prices are 10% off SRP and they offer free shipping on orders over $25.

I'm hoping that the B&N pre-orders will ship before the May 1st expected date if other stores are possibly getting them next weekend.

If you are planning on getting the sets on pre-order from B&N, you might consider buying e-gift cards through plastic jungle which offers them at 9% off face value. I've used them for TRU as well as other B&N purchases and it has worked fine. Keep in mind that B&N will only let you use 3 gift cards per order.

https://www.plasticjungle.com/gift-card/Barnes-and-Noble

(Note TRU gift cards are out of stock for now though they do have normal Babies R Us gift cards that are available at a 10% discount)

ABC gift cards (http://www.abcgiftcards.com/store/featured-merchants-in-stock-toys-r-us-br-8-off-c-1_114.html) has TRU gift cards available at an 8% discount

Edited by MCNwakeboard

I'm hoping that the B&N pre-orders will ship before the May 1st expected date if other stores are possibly getting them next weekend.

If you are planning on getting the sets on pre-order from B&N, you might consider buying e-gift cards through plastic jungle which offers them at 9% off face value. I've used them for TRU as well as other B&N purchases and it has worked fine. Keep in mind that B&N will only let you use 3 gift cards per order.

https://www.plasticjungle.com/gift-card/Barnes-and-Noble

(Note TRU gift cards are out of stock for now though they do have normal Babies R Us gift cards that are available at a 10% discount)

ABC gift cards (http://www.abcgiftcards.com/store/featured-merchants-in-stock-toys-r-us-br-8-off-c-1_114.html) has TRU gift cards available at an 8% discount

Same here. I preordered 2 of the POTC sets through B&N some weeks back. The US MSRP, 10% off, plus a Groupon of "$10 for $20 worth" made me go ahead with preordering it.

Edited by Canada_7