Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I said earlier that I hope it's the Black Pearl. Aside from that, I'd be happy as long as it is a pirate vessel.

Not trying to be offencive here but I would like to know when was that.I'm not the kind of guy who goes out off-topic for too long and I would like to mention that before the news broke there wasn't anything to talk about,Lego related atleast.

You are correct, you aren't the kind of guy that goes off-topic for too long. I was referring to the following example below that I felt was pointless:

Well then I guess this thread will remain dead until some news come up.

...along with the hypothetical punishments you and Kaboozle were imagining for fake news posters starting with this post. I didn't feel you actually crossed any lines, so you're fine. However, I will continue to closely monitor this topic.

I've seen far too many cases in news topics like this one where people keep making pointless posts in the hopes more news will come and others get too serious about upcoming set information and become offensive to those making the pointless posts. We are discussing a toy after all. Lack of information and false information is no reason to get worked up.

..along with the hypothetical punishments you and Kaboozle were imagining for fake news posters starting with this post. I didn't feel you actually crossed any lines, so you're fine. However, I will continue to closely monitor this topic.

I've seen far too many cases in news topics like this one where people keep making pointless posts in the hopes more news will come and others get too serious about upcoming set information and become offensive to those making the pointless posts. We are discussing a toy after all. Lack of information and false information is no reason to get worked up.

I have to admit that me and Kaboozle sidetracked a bit back then.I usually remain netural but it's those kind of posters claiming that they have info (when cleary they don't) that I cannot stand at all.But in the future I'll make sure I'll restrain myself.After all as you said we're discussing about toys in here. Edited by LOTR34

I had some thoughts reguarding the new film and the series as a whole that I took to the film thread. If anyone cares to join me, that's cool. I didn't want to detail this thread with movie talk.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Just, thought I might say if a set like the imperial flagship was released now a days it may cost up to $200-$250 as you can see what happened with price inflation on the death star... I may just be crazy but I think we may just end up seeing a pirate ship of similar scale to the imperial flagship for those hopping it would be bigger.

Disney Tax and counting for inflation aswell...

Edited by SodorBricks

Just, thought I might say if a set like the imperial flagship was released now a days it may cost up to $200-$250 as you can see what happened with price inflation on the death star... I may just be crazy but I think we may just end up seeing a pirate ship of similar scale to the imperial flagship for those hopping it would be bigger.

You may be right.

You may be right.

A personal guess says it may be similar size to the skull's eye schooner ship from the original pirate line. Just probably with some extra details in a pirates of the carribean format.

A personal guess says it may be similar size to the skull's eye schooner ship from the original pirate line. Just probably with some extra details in a pirates of the carribean format.

That might be selling it a little short, the original Black Pearl is not THAT much smaller than the SES. It HAS to be AS big or bigger than the IFS to warrant this price. It also better have a lower deck.

...It also better have a lower deck.

With the price of 250$,which is crazy by itself,the ship must have a lower deck.I expect top notch quality from a set with a price like this.

And I still have no clue how much will it cost on euro currency.Lego sets here in Europe are far more expensive from the USA.

I already decided that if I want to buy that ship I'd better start saving from now.

Well to be honest whatever happens at least we get another pirate ship! ARRRRR pir_laugh2.gif

And this time its bigger than its fellow companions. If it is indeed a black pearl (which I think most of us think so) I am expecting an under deck, all 3 levels in the back of the ship, cannons on the top deck, 3 mast with full canvas of sails, and an accurate figure heard that is in a dirty gold color.

The Death Star price is not quite THAT much more than the original version. The original version's $400 price tag in 2008 would be $457.04 in today's money, so even if you believe that the actual value of the set has not increased at all, the new price is less than 10% more than it should be. Imperial Flagship cost $180 in 2010, or $203.07 in today's money, so $250 would be 23% higher than its inflation-adjusted value.

All that said, I think expecting a similar scale to the Imperial Flagship would be quite realistic for a $250 pirate ship, if that ship is in fact the Flying Dutchman. The Flying Dutchman has the same number of masts as the IFS, but its greebly, decrepit look would probably demand a much greater level of detail — and consequently, a much higher piece count. Compare the Sea Cow, the only previous $250 pirate ship. It had a solid 2741 pieces and weighed 3.85kg, compared to IFS's 1664 pieces and 2.59kg. It had a shorter hull, yes, but also a lot more greeble.

That's true,it's better than getting nothing at all.

. Exactly, and it's not just an ordinary one either! It's like the Imperial Flagship.

. Exactly, and it's not just an ordinary one either! It's like the Imperial Flagship.

Frankly I expect it to be even better.It's been six years since the Imperial Flagship was released and nowdays with all the new molds and building techniques I'm confident that the new ship will be even more impressive.

That and the new minifigures too.Can't wait to see the updated of version of Captain Jack pirate_laugh2.gif

Do you guys think we will be getting g barbossa? I am placing some bricklink orders and I was wondering if I should pick him up for $7 new?

Do you guys think we will be getting g barbossa? I am placing some bricklink orders and I was wondering if I should pick him up for $7 new?

There is a possibility that he may be included in the set but as of right now we can't be sure.Depends on how big role he has in the movie.Which version you consider of buying btw??I would suggest his pirate outfit since it's really iconic.

There is a possibility that he may be included in the set but as of right now we can't be sure.Depends on how big role he has in the movie.Which version you consider of buying btw??I would suggest his pirate outfit since it's really iconic.

Yeah its his pirate version. I liked the British version but you can't replace the pirate version thats for sure ;)

No one knows at this point. It would all be a guess anyways. The previous Captain Barbossa figure looks really good. I really like mine. :pir-wub:

I recommend grabbing one anyways before the new wave comes out. :pir-grin:

I don't understand all of the want for an updated Jack minifig. He looks pretty damn good to me!

He sure does! Cap'n Jack is one my favourite minifigs but since 2011 Lego has became even better at making detailed minifigures so I can't wait to see what they'll do this time around.

Not to mention that in the upcoming movie Jack has slightly different look,like for example his got a new belt.

No one knows at this point. It would all be a guess anyways. The previous Captain Barbossa figure looks really good. I really like mine. :pir-wub:

I recommend grabbing one anyways before the new wave comes out. :pir-grin:

Well you convinced me ;). I already ordered him!

I think I'll wait until I see the ship before ordering additional characters, if I got an old Barbossa and then there's a new Barbossa I'd just put the old one in storage anyway, or cannibalise him for parts. I expect this set will have a pretty extensive crew. Maybe not Death Star extensive, but the Imperial Flagship had nine characters, so at least that many.

It'll be nice to see the licensed POTC parts again, like the sword sheath. It was so frustrated when we didn't get them with the 2015 pirates.