Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Don't be offended because that was not my intention.The thing is we're in the internet and God only knows how many people are willing to lie and spread false information.Just last summer there was a user in this forum who claimed he'd seen the Nexo Knights sets,obviously he didn't and the info he shared was fake as hell.So understand why my reaction is skeptical.I only take in consideration those users with reputation of giving reliable leaks.

He must not like you because he responded to me. How dare I bring credible information to this thread. I want these sets more than the next person so I am hoping he's mistaken.

Edited by LOTR34

Don't be offended because that was not my intention.The thing is we're in the internet and God only knows how many people are willing to lie and spread false information.Just last summer there was a user in this forum who claimed he'd seen the Nexo Knights sets,obviously he didn't and the info he shared was fake as hell.So understand why my reaction is skeptical.I only take in consideration those users with reputation of giving reliable leaks.

I'm just giving you grief. It's all good. I should've stated where I got my info from first. I am by no means a glory hog. Here's to hoping we get some sets!

As the movie is coming out in May I do think a Summer release for the sets makes more sense, hence why Sir Von knows nothing about any possible sets. Especially given the possible spoilers the sets could bring, I mean we haven't even got a trailer for the new movie yet so if we were to hear about sets from the movie before a trailer is released it could potentially be spoiler central.

He must not like you because he responded to me. How dare I bring credible information to this thread. ...

This comment could be perceived as offensive to LOTR34, but I'm glad you toned it down right away.

Sarcasm comes across poorly in text. Emoticons help a lot to convey your tone. :thumbup:

Looking at the release times for the last series I would consider a line available everywhere as very unlikely. The first wave of POTC was released in April 2011 - 1 Month before the movie got released. That would mean that the next wave would also arrive around April, and if that were the case we would already know - stores are ordering their sets for the first half of 2017 just about now. It isn't impossible though that we end up with a series released on S@H, in Lego shops and a few select stores with a broader release later that year everywhere else; this is just the one piece of string I'm holding onto now - I really want a few new sources of shipparts, and a POTC series would provide those. Does anyone remember how the release of the first POTC series was handled?

Edited by Legostone

Well originally the movie was intended to come out on July but later Disney moved the release date to May.So maybe at first Lego intended to release the sets at summer but still hasn't changed the date,because it makes more sense to release them at spring and not in the summer.

Hopefully the source that gave the info to Sir von Lego is mistaken.

But hoping won't change anything....only time will tell.

Edited by LOTR34

Maybe LEGO was going to design sets for the film, but then they watched the new film and it was so terrible that they changed their minds.

EDITED FOR THE TYPO.

Edited by Actor Builder

Maybe LEGO was going to design sets for the film, but then they watched the new film and it was so terrible that they changed their minds.

EDITED FOR THE TYPO.

Haha it's always a possibility.

You guys shouldn't pay attetion to all those clickbait articles,it's insane what are they willing to say just to get people to visit their site.

EDITED FOR THE TYPO.

Well, OST was terrible, but they still made sets for that, so we have some hope.

Well, OST was terrible, but they still made sets for that, so we have some hope.

I never understood the hate that OST gets,for me it's the best movie out of the franchise.Each to their own I guess pirate_sceptic.gif

Thank you.I really liked On Stranger Tides.I don't care about what are saying other that we won't get sets.We will wait and see.

Discussion of the POTC movies belong in the relevant topics of the Culture & Multimedia where there is already an ongoing discussion. I moved your recent posts there.

Discussion of the Lego POTC sets theme belong in here.

Discussion of the POTC movies belong in the relevant topics of the Culture & Multimedia where there is already an ongoing discussion. I moved your recent posts there.

Discussion of the Lego POTC sets theme belong in here.

Oh, sorry, Phred.

Hey, does anyone have any news regarding the next wave of POTC sets?

Just kidding pirate_laugh_new.gif

Edited by CedBricks

Well then I guess this thread will remain dead untill some news come up.

Nah, we can always talk about the old sets.

Hmm, i can tell you a new ship is coming... with sails... and canons... and pirates minifigures!

And two masts, maybe three ^^

Hmm, i can tell you a new ship is coming... with sails... and canons... and pirates minifigures!

Go on...

After all those fake news,I'll need some serious convincing. Edited by LOTR34