DLuders

Lego "Sort & Store" Minifig Head

I saw one of the new Lego "Sort & Store" minifig heads for sale, and it is quite large. I did not buy it since I was on a trip and could not fit it into my luggage. :sing: Has anybody bought and used one of these? How is it, and do you recommend it?

LEGO_Sort_and_Store_MiniFig_Head.jpg100-Sort.jpg5217341364_50948f8559.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Cool. It looks like a pretty decent size. How much was it BTW? If it was reasonable, I wouldn't mind picking a few up (if I could find them) to replace my bucket :tongue:

How much was it BTW?

I saw one a couple weeks ago at toys r us for $40. I'm crossing my fingers that its only the toys r us pricing and not retail pricing.

LegoGalactus

Yes, Toys "R" Us is selling them for US $39.99. I saw mine at the Huntington, Indiana, USA Walmart (far from where I live), but I could not find it on the Walmart website. From the photo below, you can see that they are BIG and could be made into a Hallowe'en mask:

51whbo7QAJL.jpgsortandstore.jpg

eToys also has it for US $39.999, and describes it thus: "Sort & Store your LEGO bricks. A fast and easy way to Sort & Store your Lego bricks! Tip your Lego Bricks into the Sorter. Shake gently and Lego Bricks will sort into small, medium, and large sections. Lift each section to reveal sorted Lego Bricks inside. Built in carry handle. Can hold over a thousand LEGO pieces. LEGO pieces sold separately."

Edited by DLuders

I saw this for $140NZ ($107US) yesterday and had a wtf moment. I'd pay maybe $30NZ for one...

On the other hand, it does look soundly made, but it's of no use beyond novelty factor for me as my sorting methods are much more complex than merely size.

I only recently bought one and it is quite nice. Big W had them exclusively in Australia, before Christmas, and sold out within one week.

I only recently bought one and it is quite nice. Big W had them exclusively in Australia, before Christmas, and sold out within one week.

Santa brought ke one (walmart, $30) and it works great at sorting bricks. It's a keeper for sure, along with my wife, errr Santa.

Doh, missed out on that. I hope they get some replacement stock in.

:classic: :classic:

Whoa first Time I have seen this!

Looks like the perfect way to sort through bulk Lego lots I find :laugh:

Hopefully they will have this in my neck of the woods. I want one just as a conversation piece!

Doh, missed out on that. I hope they get some replacement stock in.

:classic: :classic:

Apparently the importer in Australia that Big W got them off went broke. But here's hoping they become an item stocked by most lego sellers later this year.

I just put this in the Aussie Sales thread, but I'm excited to report that they are available again! I just picked one up at Kmart! :grin:

Cost me $38, but I'm glad I got it. Don't think there's much chance of getting it at $20 anytime soon. Sells on bricklink for $50! *huh*

The distributor is Kidz @ Play. Does anyone know who was the previous one?

Hi there, I haven't got one of those but they do look fun and practical, I do have one of TLGs sorting boxes.

This one. and it is really handy, I think $40 is about £25, I'd say get one or two, depends on how much lego you have :laugh:

the S&S head looks pretty cool. But i doubt i'll get one any time soon. 40 bucks is a little pricey for me and I don't really sort my pieces by size. I use a pretty unusual method of sorting. It's kinda mix between type, set, and mixed. Check my post on page 18 of the sorting thread.

In a way, I would like a smaller hollow minifigure head w/o dividers version. It would make storing some pieces really fun and add something different.

If i did see this in the store, i'd admire it and maybe snap a pic or two w/ my nintendo DSi XL(Almost always with me) but I doubt i'd get it even if it was on a really good sale price. I may have enough room for it, but I don't really have a use for it.

Hi there, I haven't got one of those but they do look fun and practical, I do have one of TLGs sorting boxes.

This one. and it is really handy, I think $40 is about £25, I'd say get one or two, depends on how much lego you have :laugh:

Any website where I can buy it?

Regards

Any website where I can buy it?

Regards

Hi not sure, which one? I don't know about the storage head I can't find it on TLG site and the box has been discontinued.

Storage head? I spied it on amazon but it's showing as 57 new. As far as the box? Try amazon also but maybe ebay?

As far as the storage head not on the site, you could email/call but things will be slower due to inclimate weather. Maybe try checking in a few days. I think there's a day or two of the week where there's items uploaded.

Hi not sure, which one? I don't know about the storage head I can't find it on TLG site and the box has been discontinued.

I wanted the box. I didn't know it was discontinued.

Thanks and regards

I was thinking about getting the box4blox, which costs about USA$40 as well. It's got one more level of sorting than the Lego head, and I read some online reviews saying it's pretty good but seems a bit brittle and might crack easily. I think Lego made the head sorter to compete with this one.

I decided they're both a bit too pricey for me, anyway. (Also the Lego head gives me a creepy vibe :wacko: .)

I've just bought one, mostly for the pure novelty of having a giant head! It'll look great on a layout as some kind of tourist attraction minifigs come to see :laugh:

The sort and store is not bad. To get the bricks all sorted, I stacked the compartments up and shook it. I don't think it's best way to sort, since it's round and there aren't any handles.

I may just sift and sort through each compartment until I reach the bottom, see if that works better.

OMG! I saw it at toys r us today(trying to find lego 8100 racers. Only found 1 racer. no more 8100s there) It's bigger then my head! It caught my attention but it's to massive for me. Even if I did want it(i kinda do), it's to big O_O