Sign in to follow this  
Bricknave

REVIEW: 7326 Rise of the Sphinx

Sorry guys I could not resist!

Haha, good one! :laugh:

Nice review!!!! I agree to you in most parts but I think the bottom half is a very fragile construction...... :sceptic:

Final got this yeasterday - I wasn't too impressed with the build (especially those damn legs) but I must admit it looks quite nice when finished, albeit not as nice as the Pyramid.

Final got this yeasterday - I wasn't too impressed with the build (especially those damn legs) but I must admit it looks quite nice when finished, albeit not as nice as the Pyramid.

I just got one of these on clearance at Walmart for $19 USD. The Barnes and Noble Offshoot chain BooksAMillion also had a lot of the PQ sets priced deliciously low. For $20 this set is a steal just forthe interesting pieces and colors.

Edited by Faefrost

I had picked this set up during Wal Mart's clearance earlier this year and finally put it together this week. Somewhat disappointing overall. My 6 year old son asked the question I was thinking, why doesn't this set come with the Anubis mummies? It seems to me it would have made more sense than including them in the pyramid (from a design standpoint, not from a revenue standpoint for LEGO Corp.).

I was also disappointed with the range of movement in the 'sphinx,' it would have been nice if the head could move somehow.

On the plus side, the head of the 'sphinx' looks great, too bad the back end pales in comparison.

For me, I'm glad I got it on sale, because it really seems like it should have been a $30 set, not a $50 set.