Superkalle

Happy New Year - EDIT: REMINDER mini contest!

Happy New Year to all you LDD users!

navy-pier-fireworks.jpg

2010 was especially good for us LDD fans. Somehow I'd like to think it was the year it all started for real. First we had the unveiling of LDD LU Mode in April. Then in May the LDD Forum was created after we had crowded the "General Lego"-topic for too long :classic:. In the summer the LDD Design Contest was run and then in October we got LDD 4.0 with some long awaited features. And let's not forget the worlds first LDD community build in November. A pretty good year indeed!

I had a look at the statistics for the forum. The first "reading" was done in June. The LDD forum then had 1.000 posts, 67.000 views and 84 official sets done in LDD. Now, 6 months later, it's December 31st and the figures are 5.300 Posts, 500.000 views and 900 official sets. And imagine - it's all of us, simple LDD geeks, that created this! Soon we shall rule the world :laugh:

So, what's in store for 2011?

Well, we'll definitely run a couple of contests. At least one major one, and hopefully a bunch of smaller ones. And maybe a new RCB community build? Regarding LDD itself, hopefully there will be a 4.x update with all the bug fixes we've reported. Maybe also even LDD 5.0? Let's hope for the best.

New Years contest

OK, to finish this year off in grand style, let's do super-small contest. The mission: Create something "New Years" themed in LDD, any size you want, and post it in this topic before January 9th (with our without the LXF). It can be anything - fireworks, a party vignette, a bottle of bubbly, a 2011 vision. Whatever. First prize is a polybag or keychain. Judging will be done completely biased by me and Calabar :tongue:

First off, Happy New Year to all my fellow LDD enthusiasts! I have to admit 2010 has really been an eye-opener for me with regards to digital designing. In the beginning I wasn't really a believer of LDD, but when I discovered the LU mode, my views have completely made a 180 degree turn. Ever since I've been what you can call an LDD convert, and extremely proud of it. So I thank the LDD staff and experts here for welcoming me to this wonderful subforum. :classic:

And a contest? Nice! Count me in! It's always fun joining contests.

Cheers for a prosperous new year of LDDing to all of us! :thumbup:

~ Kiel

Happy New Year! I'm surprised how big our little LDD community has gotten! I remember when I checked the LDD forum and every topic's newest post was either mine or Superkalle's but now, it has grown substantially :tongue:

As for this mini contest, I'm still thinking about what to do, but I'll do something!

Also, I can't wait for more LDD contests and community builds. Now that I've seen what people here are capable of on LDD, I'm gonna have to step up my game to compete for votes! :laugh:

Wow! *huh*

I'm really happy to see so many people got interested in LDD this year. I hope next year even more people will get to know it.

I'm definitely going to enter the contest. (Already have an idea)

Happy new year! :kahuka:

Well, a little something to get the ball rolling. :classic:

happy_new_year.png

And the LXF for anyone who wants it.

Happy New Year fellow Eurobrickers.

Well, it's just a small contest so I haven't been thinking about rules, but I guess I have to say yes - they have to be available as real Lego. But I promise - that was the last rule. No more rules :laugh:

I have made an entry to the contest!

Sadly, I am new, so I can't yet upload the lxf.

However, I am sure you guys can build it from the picture.

-The typical pyrotechnic device shot by New Years spectators. Explodes after an alloted time, send multicolored sparks in all directions.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

My entry for the mini contest...

lddscreenshot113.png

A futuristic city celebrating the dawn of 2065...

lddscreenshot116.png

Even the slum is celebrating...

Brick count 610.

Hope you like it! :classic:

Here's your champagne! (Although not real champagne, the designByMe palette being very restrictive again.)

lddscreenshot2.png

My entry:

eb2011.png

A minifig mosaic :wink:

I have another entry, but I decided to enter this one. I'll be kicking myself if it turns out you guys like my other one (I'll post it later).

You all did great little MOCs, so I made a draw, and the winner this time was AndyC.

Andy, PM me your adress and I'll pop something small over in the mail.