Stegoceras

Review: 7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack

What do you mean 'counter that'? Those are both reason's for the holes.

:laugh:

I always though they were, incase you got something stuck inside the hole in the head you could push it out with a needle, at least thats what I used the holes for a couple times :blush:

I always though they were, incase you got something stuck inside the hole in the head you could push it out with a needle, at least thats what I used the holes for a couple times :blush:

Heh, done that a couple times myself. Does anyone know the actual reason for filling them in?

At last, with the 2011 ones, Battle Packs include not only great figs but also great vehicles! I've just noticed the BARC speeder's the same as the one in the Luminara set (Proton Cannon) and I find it to be lovely. Just don't get me started on the minifigs - amazing, truly amazing. 2011 is going to be so awesome! :classic::thumbup:

Enpaz

I have to admit that ARF is really tempting and the commander is neat. But the orange troops and the strange ski-pieces on the speeder bike keep me back from paying 15€.

Thanks for the review though. Your pics of the ARF made me love it (and holding the package in my hand the other day didn't do that!) Guess he will be expensive on BL.

This review has done nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for this set. I guess that does it. I'll have to buy three or four copies just to make sure I like it.

Guess he will be expensive on BL.

Define expensive. Yes, the ARF is going to be desirable. But it's also going to be easy for BL sellers to obtain. Phase I Clone Pilots are desirable (I'd love to have about 6 more of those), but the sets they come in are also much more expensive, and they go for about $10 right now. I'd think the BL price is going to average around $5-6. Not too bad.

Too bad about the orangey-white printing on the helmet of the bomb squad troopers. Normally it wouldn't have mattered, but these are Clones. :tongue:

Didn't notice the visor shortening either. Interesting modification, but I don't really mind. I do mind the strange filled-in heads, though. Hmm...

Edited by Delta 38

Define expensive. Yes, the ARF is going to be desirable. But it's also going to be easy for BL sellers to obtain. Phase I Clone Pilots are desirable (I'd love to have about 6 more of those), but the sets they come in are also much more expensive, and they go for about $10 right now. I'd think the BL price is going to average around $5-6. Not too bad.

That's expensive for a BP figure that just came out. I got some pretty cheap Rebel Pilots for example, even if he was exclusive to the BP at that time. You are sure right about 10$ being a lot, there are quiet a few minifigs I want more of with that price..

Would not have given a monkeys about this set - weird clone types after all - but, printed legs means these become must buys. I feel the commanders deco makes him a suitable urban commando - plan on getting scores of then, and bomb squad too. Think my army is about 500 troopers strong now!

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

A great review for a great set. Thanks stegoceras. This set is is all about the minifigs and the ARF has amazing detail. Good job TLG! A tip stegoceras, work on your photographin skills and you will take your reviews to the next level. You already got the format so thumbs up! :thumbup: Maybe you are moving when you taking pics or are rushing to get it done. There's no rush, us eurobrickers will gladly wait for a excellent review then quickly read a bad one. But not bad, you still did great. I will probably get this or the elite clone and commando droid bp. Decisions, Decisions

Well done on a good first review. keep up the good work

kILleR 1860