lightningtiger

TOWN: New Mannum Town Centre

Thanks 'Artifex' and 'icy brick' for your kind words and ideas, a cinema eh ?.....like a small old school one from the 1930's...you know how I love doing art-deco don't you ! :grin: Now a laundromat, hmm....I'll think about it. Like there will be the street between the police station and post office to be lengthened.....so the old cinema and an old pub next to it....hmm, anyone forgot I promised a pub.....man, I could do with a drink right now ! :drunk::iamded_lol:

Anyway, the replacement for BOC Gas & Gear and CBC bearing stores gets underway today, in fact I start work on the interior design within the hour. :excited:

Keep on watching, keep on suggesting......and finally, Brick On ! :moar:

What about the bus station !!!?? :laugh:

Okay, so when I do a truck stop I'll include a bus ticket counter and a bus freight holding bay of parcels.

Another building.......keep on watching....because this whole thing is long term ! :laugh:

Now did I ever say final....yeah right, change of plans.....

0000_1_new_mannum_093.jpg

0000_1_new_mannum_094.jpg

0000_1_new_mannum_095.jpg

Yep, there is a new bowser and now a mobile phone tower. :grin:

Comments welcome still, more to come so keep on watching ! :grin:

Thanks for kind comments 'icy brick' and 'Dockmaster', a video...hmmm, might do that in the comming weeks.

I'm going to redesign the main street, re-positioning of the hardware and grocery stores plus the bank...running them down a side street like some real towns in Oz. :wink:

Taking fresh photo's later this morning.....so keep on watching ! :grin:

I have browsed through all your different MOC threads for the last couple of years, and I really really like your building style. Many great ideas but still simplistic (not in a bad way) Your buildings are very very beautiful, and the interior is excellent - even without all your cool stickers!!

I LOVE how you use only clean shiny bricks :laugh: It really adds something extra to the MOCs.

:thumbup:

Thank you for your kind words 'Lorentzen' and 'LCM' too.....and don't worry I still going to build a pub and with this new layout everyone can say where it can go !

Next to the IGA or the Mitre 10 stores ?

Keep watching....oh, by the way to the left of the Landmark will be an intersection where sits the engineering store and workshops. :wink:

Keep those comments comming and Brick On everyone ! :sweet:

It looks much better that way!

You could do a museum about the history of this town next?

Anyway TOP JOB :drool:

It looks much better that way!

You could do a museum about the history of this town next?

Anyway TOP JOB :drool:

Thanks 'icy brick' for those kind words, a museum.....maybe later on, that will be a tough one, but a good idea ! :grin:

I have added another light pole in front of the Landmark/ANZ Bank section.

I'll update with more photos later on....so keep on watching....keep on commenting ! :grin:

Only 5 minutes ago I decided to include a John Deere dealership butting up against the side of the Landmark yard.....that's tomorrows job as too the highway running past it and the engineering place.

Comments, suggestions and ideas are very welcome. :classic:

Here is one way I can have the entrance to the town centre (then I found a spare straight piece didn't I :blush::laugh: ).

0000_1_new_mannum_087.jpg

So is this good or bad entrance or should I just use that straight road plate and re-position the T-junction ?

Comments are needed thanks (you can guess where the tractor dealer will be going can you too? :wink: ).

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Here is one way I can have the entrance to the town centre (then I found a spare straight piece didn't I :blush::laugh: ).

0000_1_new_mannum_087.jpg

So is this good or bad entrance or should I just use that straight road plate and re-position the T-junction ?

Comments are needed thanks (you can guess where the tractor dealer will be going can you too? :wink: ).

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Looks Great, Maybe a [park with some trees in that lower triangle across the street from the engineering store.

~LCM

Looks Great, Maybe a [park with some trees in that lower triangle across the street from the engineering store.

~LCM

Yes, a town feature like an old tractor or a huge piece of fruit or something interesting at the entrance to the town centre.....maybe just a parking bay with picnic tables and a public toilet block.

Keep those comments and suggestions comming...every little bit helps. :wink:

love the layout , keep up the good work :)

Thanks 'Badger', and now another quick update.

0000_1_new_mannum_changes_099.jpg

Comments, etc., still welcome and keep on watching.....now you can guess where the pub is going to go eh ? :grin:

Keeps getting better and better, LT.

The curvy access to the town and the angled gates of the yard work well.

I look forward to your choice of centre piece for the park. You could also have one of those signs proudly proclaiming the population, tidy town status, lions, rotary clubs, etc.

:classic: :classic:

It's good with the curves. Seems more realistic as a lot of entrances to small towns happen more than being planned.

Cheers

Rog

Thanks 'AJ' and 'rriggs' for your feedback, more to come today....hopefully some surprises along the way ! :wink:

Haven't checked your thread for a while...this town project is certainly getting better and better and bigger! Just curious tho, how do you find the time to construct all these? Meanwhile I'll just sit tight and watch :grin: I haven't thought about any suggestions, I'm a little overwhelmed here, I need some time to think. :laugh: