lightningtiger

TOWN: New Mannum Town Centre

G'day everyone, just a quick written update.....train parts on order from overseas :hmpf_bad: ....3 new torso's designed for the ladies and fresh stickering designed too for the supermarket. So later on in a few hours I should be posting fresh pictures of the supermarket and etc.,.

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Wow, what an immaculate little town! Just supurb, and those stickers just blend in perfectly. :thumbup: Best of luck with the train, i wouldn't have a clue where to start there. If you have room for a train station, I reckon a brick or bluestone one would look ace. Looking forward to seeing the pub too.

Best of luck getting it all ready for the train show! :classic:

First of all.....thank you 'gabe' for your kind words.....a train station - maybe.

Second is update time.......

iga_exterior_final_1.jpgiga_interior_final_1.jpgiga_interior_final_2.jpg

That's the IGA Grocery Store done.

chemmart_interior_final_1.jpgchemmart_interior_final_2.jpg

That's the Chemmart done as well (now people can get sick :laugh: ).

austpost_interior_final_1.jpgaustpost_interior_final_2.jpg

Aussie Post is now in action....for a change ! :laugh:

mitre_10_final_interior_1.jpgmitre_10_final_interior_2.jpg

Hardware store done too ! :grin:

More to come.....comments welcome and Brick On ! :grin:

Very nice, your town is coming along great, I really like how you've used snot walls to stick the 'products' on and the tiled flooring is good too. :thumbup:

Very nice, your town is coming along great, I really like how you've used snot walls to stick the 'products' on and the tiled flooring is good too. :thumbup:

Thanks 'CptMugwash' for your kind words, what you see is the main shopping strip minus the police station and Landmark store....generally in a small Aussie country town what is featured in my town is what you find in a real town.

Tomorrow is train crossing number two and to work out how much straight track I need extra, plus work on a mounting board setup so I can have a fake creek running between the tracks and main street.

Updating again tomorrow I hope ! :blush:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

Dude, all those tiny stickers!! *oh2* Looks amazing though, really makes yr store interiors look so authentic and familiar. :thumbup:

Quick question everyone, should I build a small fuel depot with a small paypoint/office and a couple of pumps - would be positioned along side the train tracks near the far train crossing (that is the bank end of town) ?

G'day everyone.....slight change of plan.....BOC plus silo OUT.....fuel depot IN.

Should have it up the running by Tuesday night.

Suggestions very welcome ! :sweet:

LightningTiger... These last pics... Wow! The interiors... The stickers... So... Alive! Great job once again, man! :thumbup:

The power of Tiger was ..... irrepressible!

Great work on your town :thumbup:

Thanks 'Artifex' and 'Taz-the pirate master' for your kind comments.

The fuel depot will have one twin bowser, a office/paypoint and a old fashioned oil drum loading cover platform.....maybe a off loading point for tankers. Question, by using plates in SNOT formation could that give the impression of galv iron ?

Keep those suggestions and any ideas for this new creation on the drawing boards comming ! :grin:

Impressive, so many details in those relatively small buildings.

I like it a lot especially since you use this small format for your buildings. Gives a feel of the classic LEGO towns but then much better.

Do you think of making a small train stop/station as well? Your town is getting bigger so there may be people wanting to visit your town from outside.

Thank you 'Man with a hat' for your kind words, now a small station platform....maybe if I have time.....I have just three days to build a fuel depot complete with stickering and oil drums.

Any idea for what brand I should use, I was thinking Ampol.....but what does everybody else think ? :classic:

Ampol would be good.

Yeah, I was thinking that too and I have access to plenty of photos of these depots on the National Library Of Australia website.

As of tomorrow watch both the town and train forums for stuff ! :wink:

G'day everyone, just a quick teaser image of part of what is next in my town......

Late 40's country rail fuel depot

I only have to make the actual platform the roof section with uprights have been done, a sticker has been resized ready for printing. After this siding section, then the bowser and shop/agents office....I'll have to nick bits out of the shell I built.....but aw, well that's life ! :wink:

Updated photos tomorrow afternoon (my time that is ).......Keep on watching ! :grin:

There has been a slight change in the plans, fuel depot is still on...platform is being tiled in different shades of brown, but now I'm putting a petrol bowser in front of the IGA store or Mitre 10 which ever looks the best....but I need suggestions of a bowser (pump) I can Lego-ize without too much trouble ?

Keep on suggesting ! :wink:

Quick tease shot before I layout the town centre for another photo shoot.

ampol_bowser.jpg

Comments welcome.....oh, this will go near a post in front of the IGA supermarket I think....posting fresh street pictures in the next 24 hours.

Brick On ! :grin:

That's a sweet little bowser you've built, there good use of the CM base plate.

but being a country town your going to need some diesel too. :wink:

As far as plates for tin sheet I think it'll work well..... you did mean corrugated iron didn't you, I know it's galv too but not all galv is corrugated. :grin:

looking forward to your update.

that bowser looks very classic LT spot on,! you dont see them very often these days... only at old independent stores :thumbup:

i would slap in a diesel pump too for all them farmers out in the "surrounding areas" for their Tractors and heavy machinery...

that bowser looks very classic LT spot on,! you dont see them very often these days... only at old independent stores :thumbup:

i would slap in a diesel pump too for all them farmers out in the "surrounding areas" for their Tractors and heavy machinery...

Thanks 'TanTile' for your comments, a diesel pump would not be found next to a supermarket....but at the fuel depot.....let me think about it ! :wink:

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Question, by using plates in SNOT formation could that give the impression of galv iron ?

This shows a great galvanised iron effect on the school building roof and fence. It's these in silver and grey for alternating sheets. It's the best galvo I've seen

Tim's corrugated galvanised iron really looks awesome; thanks for sharing peterab!

I've been trying to come up with different versions of corrugates steel / iron myself and applying those in my container build (CopMike's raffle). So far I've gone through quite a few, but most lack the proper 3D effect of corrugated sheets so in my last version I'm planning on using Technic axles lined up tightly next to each other. I'll try it out and see if that works, although it should make for a bit of a messy build.

@ lt: When's your train show mate? I'm looking forward to your layout; don't forget to make a video :wink:

Thanks 'peterab' and 'MetrioD' for you kind words and suggestions, I'm happy with the roof on the fuel depot....now for an old office with diesel pump I must knock up tomorrow.

I spoke to the train show head today and found out I can have up to 7.5 metres, hopefuuly that should be enough for New Mannum and a stack of Lego City sets.....like up to 40 of them at least ! *oh2*

A video....hmmm, never uploaded one of them before....aw, well there is always a first time eh ? :laugh:

More updates tomorrow, Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Oops, I forgot mid-April....a Friday night through to and including Sunday.....that's going to be a long weekend ! :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger