Sign in to follow this  
Jan

underline emphasize or give link a colour

When I am adding a link to a topic, the standard formating of the link is just the same as the rest of the text.

Wouldn't it be handy to give it some standard formatting like underline, bold, or a slightly different colour so that you instantly see that something is a link?

I hope this question hasn't appeared earlier, I used search but couldnt'find anything on this specific.

Which browser are you using? The links show up alright for me:

5275573438_b55b06734e_o.jpg

*snip*

Same here, everything's fine with Firefox and Explorer. Standard format of links is underlined and slightly different text color. My minor issue is the other way around, I can't seem to unformat (remove underline and change text colors of links). But it's not really a big deal.

Agreed i've browsed on my android phone, internet explorer 8, google chrome, firefox, and even an ipad, all of them display links the way they always have since I've been on the internet, roughly 16 years.

(remove underline and change text colors of links)

I don't think - and I'm glad you can't - remove the underline. But you can apply different text colors to links by putting the color or other formatting tags inside the 'url'-tags.

[url="http://www.eurobricks.com"][color="#008000"][i][b]Link[/b][/i][/color][/url]

Link

But then again, signatures aside, I don't see the point for formatting text that way. I'd much prefer if everyone would just use standard formatting, with the occasional 'b', 'i', or 'u'-tag to highlight something and definitely wouldn't use color in the main text of a post.

When I am adding a link to a topic, the standard formating of the link is just the same as the rest of the text.

Wouldn't it be handy to give it some standard formatting like underline, bold, or a slightly different colour so that you instantly see that something is a link?

I hope this question hasn't appeared earlier, I used search but couldnt'find anything on this specific.

Do you see the link in this post?

5275573438_b55b06734e_o.jpg

Good to see that the problem is mine and not general. I am using the latest Firefox, but I think that it might be one of the add-ons that is not functioning properly.

I have had this before with another add-on which was showing a huge black square on the screen related to the banner.

Have to check this out tonight, but it's a shame that I have to turn off a few of my add-ons as it is one of the things I like a lot using Firefox.

Anyway, thanks for your quick relies