Sign in to follow this  
M4X1994

And Finally the service pack arrived :)

So after ordering the service pack back in august they told me I got placed on the list. I waited till the end of November but I still hadn't received anything so I decided to call, and today I finally got it :) They even added a letter of apology for the long waiting and a little extra something :)

img24420.jpg

img2445v.jpg

img2448w.jpg

img2449e.jpg

A Nice addition to my collection :)

img2453c.jpg

And a nice key chain

img2451h.jpg

Too bad its glued together though :(

I haven't even recieved my service-pack yet. But I did suggest the solution to the track-problem, which was integrated in the service-pack, which makes me quite sad...

So after ordering the service pack back in august they told me I got placed on the list. I waited till the end of November but I still hadn't received anything so I decided to call, and today I finally got it :) They even added a letter of apology for the long waiting and a little extra something :)

Same for me. I was supposed to be on the list but I called 2 weeks ago and they apologized. The pack arrived inbetween but they forgot to throw in the keychain although it is listed on the paper as free gift. Oh well it's not the end of the world. At least the excavator works now.

@Jurgen Krooshoop: Just call there. According to the german hotline the send out of the service packs is supposed to be finished for quite some time now. They were surprised that I haven't received something yet. Maybe you'll get the special christmas gift for coming up with the track solution. ;-)

I haven't even recieved my service-pack yet. But I did suggest the solution to the track-problem, which was integrated in the service-pack, which makes me quite sad...

they gave me 2 sets so have one left closed :sweet:

Well this makes me sad...

I bought 8043 just last week...it already came with the updated instructions and 38X0 LA's. So I absolutely have ZERO chance of getting that nice Penguin keychain that Lego gave you. :classic:

Btw I've been giving the gears some lube,using 100% silicone oil..combined with the new LA's, the boom raise is very smooth and consistant.

[quote name='Out of Sight' date='14 December 2010 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1292318170' post='875928'

Btw I've been giving the gears some lube,using 100% silicone oil..combined with the new LA's, the boom raise is very smooth and consistant.

oil :tongue: told it in my post pf on 11,1v also i use oil

oil :tongue: told it in my post pf on 11,1v also i use oil

:laugh: Yea...I remembered on your post and on Youtube, you'd mentioned about 2 stroke motor oil! I have LOTS of silicone oil, comes in variety of viscocities. I used them to tune the shock oil of my radio control model cars. Hmm...never thought it worked brilliantly on Lego too. Silicone is also very dormant, so I suspect it wont harm the Lego's ABS plastic.

Same for me. I was supposed to be on the list but I called 2 weeks ago and they apologized. The pack arrived inbetween but they forgot to throw in the keychain although it is listed on the paper as free gift. Oh well it's not the end of the world. At least the excavator works now.

@Jurgen Krooshoop: Just call there. According to the german hotline the send out of the service packs is supposed to be finished for quite some time now. They were surprised that I haven't received something yet. Maybe you'll get the special christmas gift for coming up with the track solution. ;-)

I know at least three people who have not received their Service Packs yet.

I have also been waiting since email correspondence in August. Phoned Lego in mid-November to chase it and was told I had "slipped through the net" and to expect it within a couple weeks. Still no sign in mid-December so another call and now told to expect delivery on 23 Dec.

It took a visibly frustrated email to LEGO Direct in late November for my SP to arrive, after I had been put in the waiting list in early September.

This time it was another representative who handled the situation, and the SP arrived on the 2nd of December.

I was told in another forum that calling LEGO Direct may be more useful than using email, so those of you still waiting may want to try that.

It took a visibly frustrated email to LEGO Direct in late November for my SP to arrive, after I had been put in the waiting list in early September.

This time it was another representative who handled the situation, and the SP arrived on the 2nd of December.

I was told in another forum that calling LEGO Direct may be more useful than using email, so those of you still waiting may want to try that.

is the new actuators any faster than the old ones?

grease is the secret :sadnew:

i have 20 of this L,A's

so i checkted that on the old ones

thats why i put oil in them!

Edited by rien