Shine

Hero Factory 2011

So does that mean I can't write a review? Because I bought Bulk 3.0 just today and I would really like to write a review about the set (his canister is still unopened, so I could even make pics of the undamaged canister).

pleasze take pictures!!! can i make a request? take a pic of the combiner model please???

I'm sure it does not mean that. I'd say it's released so it's fair game. BZP and Eurobricks have the timeframe because the sets are donated by the company so they can be staff-reviewed for publicity and so on, and LEGO's given them rules accordingly. Lego can't really regulate unaffiliated individuals who bought the sets where they're out.

I see. I just wanted to make sure if it is really okay, not that it's actually kind of frowned or something.

So I'm gonna start taking pictures, opening and building Bulk to make the review. If I got the time, I'll post it even today.

pleasze take pictures!!! can i make a request? take a pic of the combiner model please???

So far I only got Bulk, so I'll only give you the picture of the combiner model on the back of the canister (and probably the one in the building instructions - I bet there will be another pic of the combiner inside of it).

So sorry, I won't be able to build the combiner.

And on a sidenote, I'd appreciate it (and perhaps I'm not the only one) if you work a bit on your grammar.

EDIT: Oh well, I actually forgot a "you" in the sentence above... XD

Edited by ZORK64

Saw the entire wave at my TRU, didnt get them though. Not really sure if I want to get any of them. Actually the one they didnt have was buk who is the one i want primarily so meh i'll probably splurge enxt time i go and get the whole wave but we shall see.

une 2011 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1308078316' post='1008522']

Off topic, I always find it really weird that there's a Darth Vader who's really pro-action figures, when I'm used to "Vader", a eurobricks defector who's virulently anti.]

And if that's not okay to bring up, please let me know so I can remove that instead of getting banned or something.

The vader you are referring to is a good friend of mine mate, i'd appreciate it kept on the downlow

The vader you are referring to is a good friend of mine mate, i'd appreciate it kept on the downlow

sure thing. wasn't gonna badmouth him in any case, it just always confuses me

Hey, can anyone who's been to the Pick-a-Brick thing in the LEGO stores tell me how good the Hero Factory part selection is? I mainly want to get various armor cladding in a few colors along with varying skeleton pieces, though I don't know if it'd be a better deal just to use the online Pick-a-Brick or check out what they have in-store.

And on a sidenote, I'd appreciate it (and perhaps I'm not the only one) if work a bit on your grammar.

:thumbdown:

I see. I just wanted to make sure if it is really okay, not that it's actually kind of frowned or something.

So I'm gonna start taking pictures, opening and building Bulk to make the review. If I got the time, I'll post it even today.

So far I only got Bulk, so I'll only give you the picture of the combiner model on the back of the canister (and probably the one in the building instructions - I bet there will be another pic of the combiner inside of it).

And on a sidenote, I'd appreciate it (and perhaps I'm not the only one) if work a bit on your grammar.

Yes let me apologize for that, I'm 23 and should know better then that. i get so excited when i add a replay, i just rush and post before i i reread it. Ill try to do better.

Thank u for taking time to take pictures of the combiner models. I meant the pictures of the combiners not the actual thing, but it was hard to tell that from my rushed post. :'(

Please do make a review, although don't rush it. DV's correct that EB will be presenting reviews for some of the sets for July 1st as well. :sweet:

If you have Furno 2.0, then you'd only be missing the helmet and wing pieces. :wink:

Yes let me apologize for that, I'm 23 and should know better then that. i get so excited when i add a replay, i just rush and post before i i reread it. Ill try to do better.

Thank u for taking time to take pictures of the combiner models. I meant the pictures of the combiners not the actual thing, but it was hard to tell that from my rushed post. :'(

Please take the time to check your posts before you post them (there's no prize for posting half a minute faster), which makes it easier and more pleasant for everyone else to read. :classic:

Do you plan on reviewing Raw-Jaw for BZPower? I've seen plenty of pics of him, and so far most of them look pretty good (but not all-- the Gizmodo preliminary pic shows off some of the flaws you mentioned). It's easy to tell he has design flaws, but he's still one of my favorite bad guy sets and I'd like to see a review before I've made a firm decision about whether I'm actually buying him.

Meanwhile, as far as "weirdly put together" is concerned, that's one of the reasons I prefer Raw-Jaw over Waspix. Waspix isn't weirdly put together-- his build is incredibly simple, and the only really innovative design principle (the extra arms) owes itself to a new (albeit useful) part specialized for the task rather than using existing parts in creative ways. Raw-Jaw may not be the most refined-looking design, but like Fire Lord he pushes the boundaries of the new building system by aiming for an unconventional design using parts as economically as possible.

In my opinion none of the villains are put together in overly unusual ways - they're all mostly standard skeletons with armour on top, but that's what you should expect from a small villain set. Scorpio on the other-hand is very weirdly/interestingly put together, using bone pieces rather than Technic for almost all of its structures. But definitely go for Raw-Jaw - he's diminutive but has great pieces and play/pose-ability value.

Please do make a review, although don't rush it. DV's correct that EB will be presenting reviews for some of the sets for July 1st as well. :sweet:

Don't worry, I won't rush it. Because of this, it's...

Stupid question time: How can I turn a topic into a poll? Because I can't find the "Poll"-thing when I'm about to make a new topic...

Concerning the combiner: That's a tempting idea, but I'm actually to lazy to check the instructions up and find an alternative colour scheme since I don't own any version of Furno. However, Furno 3.0 has good chances to be my first Furno because I like his Eagle helmet.

Don't worry, I won't rush it. Because of this, it's...

Stupid question time: How can I turn a topic into a poll? Because I can't find the "Poll"-thing when I'm about to make a new topic...

Concerning the combiner: That's a tempting idea, but I'm actually to lazy to check the instructions up and find an alternative colour scheme since I don't own any version of Furno. However, Furno 3.0 has good chances to be my first Furno because I like his Eagle helmet.

I think you need to become a Knight first :thumbup:

I think you need to become a Knight first :thumbup:

Aaaah... I see... ^^'

How many posts are required to become a knight? Am I close or rather far away from that ranking?

In the latter case, I think I'll drop the poll-thing for my review...

Aaaah... I see... ^^'

How many posts are required to become a knight? Am I close or rather far away from that ranking?

In the latter case, I think I'll drop the poll-thing for my review...

500 posts.

Also I'm still confused about the no reviews before 1st of July thing..This is not eurobricks right?

500 posts.

Also I'm still confused about the no reviews before 1st of July thing..This is not eurobricks right?

In that case, I'll drop the poll.

I think it wasn't meant it's not allowed to review them before the 1st but rather meant as "just remember, EB will also make reviews".

So anyway, I think I'll write the review tomorrow if everything with the upload of the pics work fine.

Wait, no reviews before July 1st? What did I miss?

That's for people who get sets directly from LEGO to review.

Wait, no reviews before July 1st? What did I miss?

All of you guys who bought the sets in the stores can review whatever you want (well, even if BZP was up, you couldn't do it there, but still). But TLG has kindly sent several sites preview sets, with the stipulation that our reviews may not be up until July 1st.

I got some news Looks like the summer sets are in some Toys R us stores.

(It's a pain to write in an android phone :P)

EDIT:looks like HF.com is updated with the new products.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I got some news Looks like the summer sets are in some Toys R us stores.

(It's a pain to write in an android phone :P)

EDIT:looks like HF.com is updated with the new products.

Just noticed the update to the Hero Factory website myself! I totally didn't know about it until I went to check for updates on HeroSector01. I can't believe there wasn't any discussion of this going on here!

I love the animations on the products page for the new sets. I'm especially impressed that the figures actually interact with their environment, making these animations one step more advanced than the second-wave products page animations-- and I was extremely impressed with those to begin with! Another thing I like is that the movement of the characters is based on the animals that are the basis of their design: thus, Raw-Jaw lumbers around in an apelike manner, Furno glides fluidly to the ground from on top of a branch, and Stringer patiently sniffs the air before striking.

There are things I dislike about the new products page animations, though. Fangz's front limbs are bent rather unnaturally, for instance. And the animal-like movements do not necessarily fit the personalities of the heroes-- however, I suppose this is more a consequence of the heroes being designed around animals that didn't reflect their personalities rather than any fault on the part of the people making the animations.

And yes, products page updates include a "Building Instructions" link for each set, so those of you who are uncertain about how certain sets are constructed can now satisfy your curiosity. The Building Instructions page also has instructions for the new combi models for the 3.0 heroes!

Edited by Aanchir

YEAH! Today is a good day hahaha. Oh, where are the Wicth Doctor's instructions? Can't belive it! I build Rocka XL without instructions. Cool animations.

Stormer should've been the wolf and Bulk should've been the rhino.

Oh well.

After accidently hit the "Submit" button to early, I've now finished my review of Bulk.

Feel free to read and comment it. ^^

Stormer should've been the wolf and Bulk should've been the rhino.

Oh well.

When I think about it... yeah, a white wolf would have just been awesome.

But maybe TLG wanted to avoid the cliché and thus made Stormer the rhino instead of being a wolf, eagle, gorilla or some other typical heroic animal associated with a team captain.

(you'll get a cookie if you know why I listed a gorilla among with the wolf and eagle)

After accidently hit the "Submit" button to early, I've now finished my review of Bulk.

Feel free to read and comment it. ^^

When I think about it... yeah, a white wolf would have just been awesome.

But maybe TLG wanted to avoid the cliché and thus made Stormer the rhino instead of being a wolf, eagle, gorilla or some other typical heroic animal associated with a team captain.

(you'll get a cookie if you know why I listed a gorilla among with the wolf and eagle)

Obviously they wanted to avoid all the "TRUKK NOT MUNKY" nonsense the TF Fandom went through. :tongue:

Obviously they wanted to avoid all the "TRUKK NOT MUNKY" nonsense the TF Fandom went through. :tongue:

Exactly. But maybe we'll getting "STORM NOT RHINO" instead. Or something like that. XD

(and yes, you'll get a cookie, as promised)

I've noticed that most of the trees have tech in them. Which could mean it's not a real jungle and is just a umm... Some planet disguised as one. This might also explain why the core of the planet is a quaza stone. That ALSO means the reason planet will die is because of umm... Those crazy theories.

However, this is just my imagination gone wild again. :tongue:

I've noticed that most of the trees have tech in them. Which could mean it's not a real jungle and is just a umm... Some planet disguised as one. This might also explain why the core of the planet is a quaza stone. That ALSO means the reason planet will die is because of umm... Those crazy theories.

However, this is just my imagination gone wild again. :tongue:

I think it's more likely that this is just a way of trying to make the organisms of the Hero Factory universe more consistently robotic in nature. If it were meant to reveal a big secret then it would probably be better hidden. As it is, the fact that there was no biomechanical plantlife in BIONICLE always kind of bugged me, and so seeing explicitly electronic plantlife here is in my eyes just a really cool design decision by the folks at LEGO and/or ADVANCE, not something that we should be reading into too much.

2.0 sets finally arrived here. I am now the proud owner of Evo 2.0. I cannot describe how great this thing is in real life. If we compare it to HF 1.0, the figure is taller, way more articulated, has more parts and not actually more parts, but useful parts. There is no part I would call overspecialized, whereas the 1.0 parts turned out to be rather useless, specially the shin guard-armor hybrid. Anyway, this figure looks great. Even the plastic is shinier this year.