Shine

Hero Factory 2011

We are in the middle of April, really. Back in this early 2010 did we ever have a clue about what was going to happen? Even so, most themes last three waves without prior warning ie: SP3, Atlantis, Power Miners, Agents...

Even if there is a fourth wave. We would still not be sure there would be a fifth. So I think that the worries about the X.0 naming are currently looking too much forward into the future.

Hero Factory isn't like other themes because it's following on from BIONICLE which had a 10 year run. I don't think it will last for nearly that long, but the episodic style of HF sets itself up possibly better than BIONICLE for lasting many waves, until they run out of original themes to base Heroes on. It would be a shame to end it so soon after spending so much effort in establishing the concept, and to make that decision when it's at its best so far.

However on the flip side, most of the 2.0 parts (bones and shells) are clearly designed to be non-HF specific, to allow the building system to be used for other action figure themes as well. That strongly suggests that there will be a different action figure theme within the next couple of years, although that doesn't mean it will permanently replace Hero Factory (or at all - who would object to more than one action figure theme at a time? :sweet: ).

I actually consider these sets of Hero Factory the third wave since the second wave already came out, but anyway these sets look pretty awesome. The Witch Doctor looks epic. Although the idea of (Hero Name Here) .0 will get annoying if Hero factory will continue as long as Bionicle. Anyway, epic sets!

Does anyone know anything about the summer storyline? I've scoured the web with no luck.

Currently there isn't too much known, just information from mostly preliminary product descriptions. The theme is referred to as Savage Planet, and is set on the jungle planet Quatros. In that jungle, the evil Witch Doctor is controlling the local wildlife for evil purposes (terrorizing villagers I think :look: ), so the Heroes adopt Jungle-style gear to stop him.

The list posted, does say that it is an April Fool's joke.

...or was I the only one to notice that?

Edited by BrotherDog

I was inspired by a comment Front made in the LDD subforum to build this dodecahedron on LDD:

(Image links to LXF file download)

Made entirely from parts 90617 and 90622.

You should try making an Hoberman Sphere...

I don't know if a full scale one is possible, but it would be fun to see a Lego version.

Edited by Randal

You should try making an Hoberman Sphere...

I don't know if a full scale one is possible, but it would be fun to see a Lego version.

I've seen good ones made out of Technic. With Hero Factory joints I don't know if it'd be quite as feasible. But I may try someday.

Hey Folks!! I'm pretty excited, I received my Recon Team hero in the mail today! Rick Mercury Thunder!! I haven't found anyone else that has yet after doing some searching.. Has anyone else received it yet? I will probably be doing a review on him within the next few days and will post it on youtube. For the meantime, I posted a picture of him on a blog I contribute to if you want to check it out! Let me know what you think. The whole experience (sans the delay), was pretty cool. I am definitely going to get at least one more Recon Team figure.

Rick Mercury Thunder

~Cheers

Hey Folks!! I'm pretty excited, I received my Recon Team hero in the mail today! Rick Mercury Thunder!! I haven't found anyone else that has yet after doing some searching.. Has anyone else received it yet? I will probably be doing a review on him within the next few days and will post it on youtube. For the meantime, I posted a picture of him on a blog I contribute to if you want to check it out! Let me know what you think. The whole experience (sans the delay), was pretty cool. I am definitely going to get at least one more Recon Team figure.

Rick Mercury Thunder

~Cheers

Looks good.....I take it you added the flame piece after you built it?

Looks good.....I take it you added the flame piece after you built it?

Jetrax99 - Thank you! Actually, due to the delay in production, the flame piece and a card was included with the set. The card basically went into a fictional reason as to why the Hero Factory was delayed. Apparently, villians attacked the factory which caused delays, haha. The flame piece is meant to help this from happening again.. Nevertheless, a nice touch by LEGO! For now the flame piece will stick with my Recon Team hero. But, it seems it might be more fitting on Furno 2.0.

Jetrax99 - Thank you! Actually, due to the delay in production, the flame piece and a card was included with the set. The card basically went into a fictional reason as to why the Hero Factory was delayed. Apparently, villians attacked the factory which caused delays, haha. The flame piece is meant to help this from happening again.. Nevertheless, a nice touch by LEGO! For now the flame piece will stick with my Recon Team hero. But, it seems it might be more fitting on Furno 2.0.

That is really interesting...I wonder if "the villains will attack all the Recon sets"... :classic:

wait....you're saying the "cool extra element" included is the flame piece? DAMN YOU LEGO!!!!

wait....you're saying the "cool extra element" included is the flame piece? DAMN YOU LEGO!!!!

I'm disappointed it's a flame piece (as I've got plenty from the villains), but we couldn't have expected it to be an exclusive or highly valuable piece when it's merely an apology for a slight delay.

Haha!! I didn't know I spoiled the surprise!! :look: I wasn't expecting anything extravagant though, so the flame piece was a nice touch. It definitely adds to the figure, and it could have been worse!! :tongue:

Edited by MontanaVista

lddscreenshot1.png

If we get a purple Hero, this is roughly what it would look like, with the exception of the weapon and headgear, which would be more aligned to the line the figure was part of.

The list posted, does say that it is an April Fool's joke.

...or was I the only one to notice that?

No, I said if they are real, a previous April Fools joke was close.

I'm hoping my hero's coming soon too, but it still hasn't even been SENT... I asked by phone the reason but they weren't capable to answer.

This is the Recon Agent I ordered. I'm crossing my fingers that he will be received in the mail soon.

23cc02c2-b78f-41a3-b954-90dda1ce2a77.png

Edited by Neztromix

This is the Recon Agent I ordered. I'm crossing my fingers that he will be received in the mail soon.b]

if you just ordered it than you will most likely have to wait 21 days for it to arrive

Did you see Bulk 2.0 and Stringer 2.0? I do, hahaha, just watch at 0:34, they look good ughh?

My link

Edited by Jagersmann