Thanks Brickdoctor, but I've already tried that and it doesn't seem to work. I found the preferences.ini file and I opened it in Notepad. I enterede the line of text exactly and saved it. When I open LDD4 it only shows Design by Me, Mindstorms, and Creator like usual.

EDIT: Hold on... I spelled 'access' wrong! Sorry about that :tongue: Everything's working fine now.

Edited by brickbuilder

For those with problems, make sure you have tried this:

1. Close down LDD. Optional: Start Task Manager and make sure there is no LDD.exe running. If there is, kill it.

2. Uninstall LDD

3. Delete this entire folder and content: C:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer. This is for Win7. For other OS, it should be similar paths. (you may want to copy the LU Mode activation line so that you can paste it in after LDD is re-installed).

4. Delete this entire folder and content: C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer

5. Re-install LDD from the setup file found here

6. Re-insert the LU Mode activation line.

7. Start LDD

If this doesn't work, report the error here, and please be carefull to describe exactly what happens and when. Also report your OS, graphics card, if you have updated the graphics driver lately and your OS language.

That worked for me, thanks

Thanks Brickdoctor, but I've already tried that and it doesn't seem to work. I found the preferences.ini file and I opened it in Notepad. I enterede the line of text exactly and saved it. When I open LDD4 it only shows Design by Me, Mindstorms, and Creator like usual.

EDIT: Hold on... I spelled 'access' wrong! Sorry about that :tongue: Everything's working fine now.

Good for you. :classic:

Downloaded the update and installed it, restarted the computer, went to open LDD and it doesn't open :hmpf_bad: Tried several times and different ways, doesn't even come up with a loading screen, just doesn't do anything.

same for me aswell and im running it on xp plus ive recently updated my graphics cards :(

For those with problems, make sure you have tried this:

1. Close down LDD. Optional: Start Task Manager and make sure there is no LDD.exe running. If there is, kill it.

2. Uninstall LDD

3. Delete this entire folder and content: C:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer. This is for Win7. For other OS, it should be similar paths. (you may want to copy the LU Mode activation line so that you can paste it in after LDD is re-installed).

4. Delete this entire folder and content: C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer

5. Re-install LDD from the setup file found here

6. Re-insert the LU Mode activation line.

7. Start LDD

If this doesn't work, report the error here, and please be carefull to describe exactly what happens and when. Also report your OS, graphics card, if you have updated the graphics driver lately and your OS language.

I wish this worked. Before taking these steps, LDD would open up for a matter of seconds and close down before I was able to click anything. I performed the above steps and now when I open LDD, it waits for me to open a model, THEN shuts down. This happens with a model I have already made, one of their suggested models, or free build. None of them work. I am running Windows 7 64 bit (English.) Not sure about my graphics, though. As far as I can tell it is just an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile. Any assistance with this would be wonderful. Thanks!

You mentioned that your GPU is a Mobile Version, maybe it's not up to the task of running LDD 4? Did LDD 3 work for you? We all know how much graphics power is used up by the Windows OS alone; did you try disabling Windows' Aero theme? I did that for my previous computer running Vista; worked wonders as far as speed is concerned.

Well, with all these people having trouble, it may very well be we have a bug at our hands.

I'm sure that if there is one, TLG will get hundreds of complaints from "ordinary" DesignByMe users and we will get a bug fix real soon.

In the meantime, you could also try to manually set these setting to "No" in the preferences.ini file:

UseShadersInScene=no
UseShadersInPalette=no
UseRoundEdges=no

Hmm... I've found out more of my problem. It'll stay open indefinitely, until I start browsing in certain sections (like in the minifig category). I can open the category and be fine, but once I scroll down, it shuts down. It doesn't happen in all categories--just a few.

Hi LDD fans.

I am wondering for a while now if it is possible to get some other 'filter bricks by boxes' ?

I kind of expected that we would get some more in LDD4, but there are all the same filters as there were on version 3.

Any ideas how to do it?

I make myself an improvisation of filter by looking to Bricklink on a perticular set and manually putting all the bricks into working area, which is very time consuming and unpractical.

Hi LDD fans.

I am wondering for a while now if it is possible to get some other 'filter bricks by boxes' ?

I kind of expected that we would get some more in LDD4, but there are all the same filters as there were on version 3.

Any ideas how to do it?

I make myself an improvisation of filter by looking to Bricklink on a perticular set and manually putting all the bricks into working area, which is very time consuming and unpractical.

Well, all that's been updated is the version of LDD (and consequently, the overarching "bricks palette"). The Creator, DesignByMe, and Mindstorms modes have not been updated, and since they're the only things for which "Filter bricks by boxes" applies, there are no more sets listed.

I'd guess that all three modes will be updated at the same time as the DesignByMe palette gets updated, which I believe isn't until next year.

Hi LDD fans.

Any ideas how to do it?

I'm adding a feature in LDD Manager that will allow you to take a set list from BrickLink and output a LXF-file with those parts in the right colors. (Can't belive I haven't done this before.) Should be done in less then a week.

It's also been up as a feature proposal to allow custom made "filter by boxes".

QUESTION!

Why is tan (a.k.a. Brick Yellow) so dark? :wacko:

Well, that is a good question. And I agree.

I have to say I don't like the new graphics shading. The studs just look... wrong. Unfinished, somehow. I'll leave it set to look like before. I also don't like the colours being grouped, but this time for a functionality reason rather than the look - because it slows down building. That forced pause every time, for the colours to pop up, really adds up to slow the process down a lot, and quickly becomes very annoying. (But then, I'm the type to always click on a submenu heading for it to open immediately, rather than wait the half-second or so before it pops up on its own.)

Oddly, on loading an old model, it removed all the 1x2x5 bricks, as being incorrectly positioned.

Anyone know why templates are (still) not available in Universe mode?

Well, with all these people having trouble, it may very well be we have a bug at our hands.

I'm sure that if there is one, TLG will get hundreds of complaints from "ordinary" DesignByMe users and we will get a bug fix real soon.

In the meantime, you could also try to manually set these setting to "No" in the preferences.ini file:

UseShadersInScene=no
UseShadersInPalette=no
UseRoundEdges=no

YES! This made it work! I also updated the preferences file to access Uinverse mode, again. I have played around a good deal, with no problems. I will of course update if I run into any, but it looks good! Thank you so very much, I don't really know how you knew what to do, but I am glad that you do

I like this program a lot, only ran into one problem so far.

I'm building a boat, when I select the bow piece (shell 6x8x2 w/bow/angle,rev) it is only available in lime green color. I read that fix to open all the LEGO Universe content, but that fix is already in the .ini

It isn't a huge issue. I'm mostly using the program to see how it will fit together, but if I didn't have certain pieces in wacky colors it would be awesome.

I like this program a lot, only ran into one problem so far.

I'm building a boat, when I select the bow piece (shell 6x8x2 w/bow/angle,rev) it is only available in lime green color. I read that fix to open all the LEGO Universe content, but that fix is already in the .ini

It isn't a huge issue. I'm mostly using the program to see how it will fit together, but if I didn't have certain pieces in wacky colors it would be awesome.

If you are initially seeing the pieces in any color other than red, you don't have Universe. Universe pieces should all start out red unless you set a specific other color, and you should be able to recolor it whatever you want.

YES! This made it work! I also updated the preferences file to access Uinverse mode, again. I have played around a good deal, with no problems. I will of course update if I run into any, but it looks good! Thank you so very much, I don't really know how you knew what to do, but I am glad that you do

Well, in all honesty it was a guess. The settings are in the preferences.ini file, so I thought it could work to set them to "no" and apperantly it did.

hey i just had an email from lego saying that the loading problem should be fixed

Dear David,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am ever so sorry to hear that you are having problems loading our LEGO Design ByMe.

We are aware of the fact that our customers were having problems with our Design ByMe on Friday, however our experts should have solved the problem by now.

If you are still having problems loading it please let us know what error message you get and what computer you have.

Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts on 00800 5346 5555 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm) or you could go to www.LEGOshop.com.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Regards,

LEGO Direct

Hi

i didn't install it yet. Any experience with building manual? Is it better than on previous LDD.

Tnx. For answer.

Hi

i didn't install it yet. Any experience with building manual? Is it better than on previous LDD.

Tnx. For answer.

Well, the organization of it isn't any better-- it'll still put the parts together in a rather arbitrary order, from what I can tell. But the main building guide is useful-- the graphics are vastly improved, and it's clearly animated so you can see what direction parts get attached from (and which parts get attached each step). The HTML building guide also benefits from the improved graphics, but one complaint I remember-- that the piece callouts were all in red-- hasn't changed.

Also, I can't check this because my computer can't run LDD with some of the graphical options like part outlines, but can someone whose LDD is set with some of those options check if those are applied to the HTML building guide when you generate one? That's something I'm curious about.

Well, in all honesty it was a guess. The settings are in the preferences.ini file, so I thought it could work to set them to "no" and apperantly it did.

So I guess this is all a graphics problem?

hey i just had an email from lego saying that the loading problem should be fixed

[snip]

So does it work for you?

EDIT: Removed large block of text.

Edited by Brickdoctor