CopMike

The LEGO Group Wants to Hear From You!

From TLG:

The LEGO Group Wants to Hear From You!

As Adult or Teenage Fans of LEGO, we value your perspective and respect your creativity and passion for the LEGO brand.

Once again we ask you to take a survey so that we may learn more about the needs and wishes of the global AFOL (defined as ages 20+) and TFOL (defined as ages 13-19) communities.

Please take a few moments to complete this short online survey to let us know your opinion about the LEGO Group.

You might notice that the link refers to the LEGO Kids Inner Circle; this is because Satmetrix, which hosts that site, is also supporting our efforts to track AFOL/TFOL opinions. Rest assured that this survey is for AFOL’s and TFOLs only.

Here are some of the key findings from the July 2010 survey:

· The survey was completed by 7.911 AFOLs and TFOLs. 35% of respondents were TFOLs, 65% was AFOLs. The number of respondent continues to grow and the difference between teenagers and adults has shifted by 5% in favor of the teenagers from the last survey results.

· In this survey we asked some questions specifically about the use of smart phones. We found that only 33% of the all respondents use one, of those only 19% of the teenage fans use one while 41% of the adults use one.

· Regarding the preferred operating system, Apple was the highest with 49% followed by Android with 16%.

· When asked about interest in interacting with LEGO Customer service, 33% said you preferred not to. Of those that would like to interact, 53% preferred to use an online method such as facebook or virtual chat program

Thank you,

The LEGO Community Team

Now go here to fill in the new survey :thumbup:!

Third time I've done it, just to get my point across! :tongue:

I think ive done it around that amount or maybe afew more times.

Thanks for the topic and link CopMike! :thumbup:

Please vote for questions involving making lego stores in New Zealand people, where desperate! :cry_happy: Also low price votes are good to. :wink:

Nah, vote for what you want.

Thanks again CopMike, and if your reading TLG, thanks for making the opportunity for us to chip in our two cents. Much appreciated!

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

I voted on ten reccomendations, all involving more printed pieces. :classic:

^agreed, and re-releasing sets that have become prohibitively expensive *cough*Jango's Slave I*cough* *cough*Cloud City *cough*

*looks around* Wow, must be that fall/winter bug kicking in...XD

Everyone vote: "No more stickers! We want printed pieces!" :grin:

Haha 'what does Lego should do other than lower their pricing' they know :tongue::laugh:

I laughed when I read that as well :tongue:.

I voted for things that help the AFOL community, such as printed tiles, better piece quality, More collector trains and global shop at home. Thanks for bringing it to our attention CopMike, I just hope TLG listens :sceptic:.

Thanks, CB

My two votes were for more "easter egg"-style references to older themes (like we saw in SPIII) and... I forget the other one. It was one of the ones already present, not one I wrote myself, but it wasn't any of the generic complaints like "Stop making parts in China" and "Stop using stickers" (I have no problem with either of those "issues"-- I am perfectly happy with the quality of most of my collectible fig parts, and in many cases I favor stickers over prints).

I wouldn't necessarily agree to more alternate models on the backs of boxes-- while I love alternate models, I find (and I'm not sure if others agree with me here) that we actually get better-quality alternate models now that they're not being shown on the backs of boxes. I'm speaking as a long-time Brickmaster subscriber-- the instructions included there aren't always totally great designs, but they often do have a lot more appeal than some of the alternate models I remember from the backs of boxes in my day. For instance, those for Star Wars sets could be pretty appalling, besides that one outstanding exception where the Outrider was presented as an alternate model for I think the Imperial Star Destroyer set. And even that would have been better presented in a place where instructions were available than on the back of the box as a mere suggestion.

I don't really get these surveys. I'm given a choise of ten or twelve suggestions from other survey takers, mostly "OMG NO FRIKKIN CHINA CRAP!" or "JUST PRINTED PARTS, NO STICKERS!". I had a few ideas, but it only let me add two of my own things to vote for. And it must be random which options come up - how can they make anything out from that?

My vote for less stickers, more printed parts. And for boxes I don't have to rip, and therefor destroy, to open them. Also for more adult oriented sets (whatever that may mean).

I don't really get these surveys. I'm given a choise of ten or twelve suggestions from other survey takers, mostly "OMG NO FRIKKIN CHINA CRAP!" or "JUST PRINTED PARTS, NO STICKERS!". I had a few ideas, but it only let me add two of my own things to vote for. And it must be random which options come up - how can they make anything out from that?

I know, it's frustrating. No idea how LEGO gets real answers from this sort of survey.

Thankfully, I rarely care about the "suggestions" part of the survey, since most of the time I'm fairly satisfied with the LEGO products we're already getting. Most of the time my suggestions are more about making sure LEGO continues to give us AFOLs something to appreciate in sets, marketing, and merchandise-- for instance, AFOL-focused sections of the LEGO website (still hoping for something like that) and, like I suggested this time, more "easter eggs" referencing older themes within modern sets.

i voted!! :wink: and i put in the suggestion for STAR TREK LEGOS!!!! :sweet: hmmm... i should do that survey again, and put in a vote for more Belville icey castles sets... :sweet:

and i also voted for being able to get more variety in the pick a brick stuff... :wink:

i'm on both sides of the issue of stickers vs. printed... :wink: it's cool to get to put the stickers on stuff, but it's also cool having it pre-printed on... i guess a little of both is good!!! :sweet:

well, i've now done the survey about 3 times... :sweet: and i figure the reason why some of the options are different each time is that so many people request different things that it would fill an entire page or two to fit all the options... so the computer just randomly re-generates options each time... :sceptic: it makes sense, but it would be nice to see all the options at a time... :wink::blush: