Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Virus alert

Hello,

Recently, I started getting virus alerts when clicking on certain topics or pages on Eurobricks. It says that content from FBTB.com is the cause because FBTB supports malware. Here is a screenshot:

5021545474_fd062533cc_z.jpg

I was just wondering if this message was valid (can it harm my computer?), if anyone else was getting it, and if it can be fixed.

Thanks for your time,

Jimbee

I have been getting that all day as well and it is really annoying :sceptic:. Having to check the box and click the button each time is pretty repetitive.

I've been using the site without problem, but then again I don't use Windows or IE.

I've been using the site without problem, but then again I don't use Windows or IE.

Neither do I, I use Chrome.

I've been getting that error message today with fbtb.net, and I'm too cautious to click through. It's possible that someone has used their site to host malware without their knowledge or permission.

yes it CAN.

but that is like riding a bike without a helmet may harm you or you may catch a cold in the winter if you go out side without warm clothes.

if you have a viruis program you should be fine.

Haven't gotten one while browsing this site today but just tried to go to FBTB and I got something very similar.

Edited by Masked Builder

I'm using Safari and Mac OS X 10.6, and haven't encountered the problem on EB, but I get it if I go to FBTB. The admins of FBTB posted that they are investigating the problem which was discovered by Google, so I assume it is a legitimate warning.

Edited by Brickdoctor

FBTB are working on it. (No link as it'll make things worse for us.)

If you can read this message, we are aware of the warnings users are receiving when trying to browse this site. Rest assured we are working on clearing the matter up with Google. Thank you for your patience.

If you can’t, well you really aren’t missing much now are you?

Update: i’d like to stress that the suspicious code has been cleansed from the site. but as a precaution i would advise you run any antivirus software you may have.

It's probably not their fault. In most cases it's just an image link to a "bad" site. Because we link to them occasionally we're now quasi-bad. (I've actually argued this logic with companies in the past... and won! But I have confidence that this'll be sorted out in a few days.)

Those antivirus are a little scary in their paranoia. I mean, eurobricks has some embedded images? from ftbt? (because they are clearly not scripts) and it makes the antivirus rise alerts on eb? Needless to say that the alert on fbtb.net is disappointing at best.

What is the current listing status for www.fbtb.net/forums?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-07-15, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.fbtb.net/forums did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Then why are you still blocking access through search results, mr gooogle?

Then why are you still blocking access through search results, mr gooogle?

I agree. I write software for a living and I sometimes link to sites that give good reviews. Since sometimes 1 in 50,000+ programs linked to (not hosted) on that site was reported as "bad" my site has then been seen as "bad" by association.

It's stupid and excessive. The problem with warnings like these is that you ignore them after a while, so when they are relevant it doesn't help. In this case it's really stupid; last checked 2010-07-15 and nothing was found? :wacko: Crazy.

Alright, thanks for the replies. I also use Chrome, which seems to be the browser that is giving this message (having to do with Google I assume). In any case I'll run a scan to check for viruses, and I suggest the same for anyone else getting this message, just in case.