Oky

2011 LEGO Boardgames News & Discussion

I just brought Castle fortann, dradia bay and the forrest yesterday. The gameplay is really easy to pick up and the rules are easy to modify as well. I would just reccomend you play it on a hard surface :wink:

I have a question for anyone who owns the Castle Fortaan game: Can the Helmet of Protection fit on a normal lego minifig?

I have a question for anyone who owns the Castle Fortaan game: Can the Helmet of Protection fit on a normal lego minifig?

Nope. And on the microfig it looks like something from the game Munchkin. But I kinda like it.

When I went to the Lego Store a few days ago, they had a booster pack for Creationary which included 20 new category cards and about 8 parts in lime green and orange. Mostly just tiles and slopes, nothing special. I'll try to get a picture next time.

When I went to the Lego Store a few days ago, they had a booster pack for Creationary which included 20 new category cards and about 8 parts in lime green and orange. Mostly just tiles and slopes, nothing special. I'll try to get a picture next time.

I saw that in the Potomac Mills LEGO store. The new categories were toys and sports. Here's a photo on Flickr (found via Google search; obviously not mine).

Edited by Aanchir

The Creationary booster pack is now available at lego.com as well.

I wonder if we will see something similar for 3861 LEGO Champion. That game could use more bricks and challenges to improve upon the base game.

As far as I know there will not be any new heroica games next year, but I hope there will be new ones available in the future.

As far as I know there will not be any new heroica games next year

But do you know more than the rest of us? It is true that the there was no Heroica sets listed in All About Brick's rumour list, which seems to have been confirmed true by the same games appearing in Spielwaren-lippe website (LEGO SPIELE Mini-Taurus, LEGO SPIELE CITY Alarm, LEGO SPIELE Kokoriko). It is possible (if not probable) that these rumours and leaks simply omit Heroica, which is somewhat in a category of its own among the Lego games. More importantly, all these games are very probably January releases, and there's still the whole summer wave that we know next to nothing about. Regarding the latter half of 2012, Elsbuck, Seldaan and Barresh mentioned in an official S@H description are much stronger clues than most other themes can boast about.

Elsbuck, Seldaan and Barresh mentioned in an official S@H description are much stronger clues than most other themes can boast about.

I think there are 4 mentioned on the board, not just 3:

Heroica - Storage Box (Map)

You can also see the larger map on the Heroica website:

http://heroica.lego.com/en-us/BookofLore/map.aspx

I'm not sure if it's a good indication of future sets, though. People claimed the same thing when Knight's Kingdom talked about the "home kingdoms" of the 4 central knights, as well as mention of 'the elflands' or something in the fantasy-themed castle sets. Neither ended up being sets. In those cases, it was just mentioned to add some extra "spice" to the background story.

I would think this instance is a *little* stronger case for having future expansions, only because they're mentioned on the gameboard so prominently, with very specific (and orthogonal!) directions. If it was solely for the purpose of an increased background story, you'd think they'd sort of arbitrarily make some hand-wavy directions for those labels that looked neat, instead of very deliberate and orthogonal ones.

But it's still pretty weak, IMHO. I don't think it's enough evidence to really get your hopes up at this point.

DaveE

Elsbuck, Seldaan and Barresh -> 3 new sets ???

It's a possibility, certainly, but nothing is confirmed as yet.

Er, doesn't this topic go in the 'Special LEGO Themes' forum ? :wink:

Yes, it does :wink: I'll move and merge shortly.

Again...

I have one simple qestion for heroica, that i dont find in the rules.

If you stand on one place (e.g. before the magic door in waldurk) and you don't roll the "shiled", can you stay on that place or you have to move?

And second, if you pass the door you have to move on "next free place", what if there is a monster behind the door, you move one more behind the monster? Do you have to fight and where do you move if you loose, one place further on or back behind the door?

I have one simple qestion for heroica, that i dont find in the rules.

If you stand on one place (e.g. before the magic door in waldurk) and you don't roll the "shiled", can you stay on that place or you have to move?

And second, if you pass the door you have to move on "next free place", what if there is a monster behind the door, you move one more behind the monster? Do you have to fight and where do you move if you loose, one place further on or back behind the door?

For the first question (and I think it's the same with doors in Fortaan) my answer would be that you can stay there. Different to the rocks in Nathuz I think.

For the second question, I think you shouldn't place monsters right behind a door, but you should leave an empty space. Then if you pass through the door, you then have to fight the monster. If you lose, you move back 1 space - this means you will have to pass through the door again. We had a long game once where we just couldn't beat a monster and had to go back and forth. It was fun. :classic: