Sign in to follow this  
woody64

British Army (1)

My tribute to Osprey's Men-At-Arms Wellington's Infantry (1).

It shows several of my items like: shako, Wellington, sword-bayonet, drum and spontoon.

All decals were made special for this group.

4979654345_299cb165a3.jpg

... Flickr

british-1o.png_thumb.jpgbritish-21d.png_thumb.jpgbritish-2d.png_thumb.jpgbritish-3nco.png_thumb.jpgbritish-4p_1.png_thumb.jpgbritish-4p_2.png_thumb.jpg

Originals at Brickshelf

Woody64

Edited by woody64

Those are amazing woody :pir-cry_happy: The sword is looking quite same as lego version and those decals are just fabolous :pir-wub: I think at i have to get a few of those

Captain Becker

Really great minifigures Woody! You are one of the best customizers around. :thumbup:

I only despite there are no epaulettes, I'm sure white ones would make them even cooler. :pir-cry_happy:

Have you considered to add white details to the shakos? That would stand out for sure!

My only 'complaint' about this is that you're using the same head 3 times, but the decals sure look great

The buckles are very detailed and well done.

Epaulettes would look good as well, but maybe that's not historically correct.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Epaulettes would look good as well, but maybe that's not historically correct ....

You're right the kind of epaulettes LEGO has are not historically correct. But good point, maybe it's worth to think over two custom items?

You find the original for the scene below at the cover and you find the 3 types of epaulettes used by the British army also in these two pictures.

Q395XAL.JPG

img312-1.jpg

Woody64

Edited by woody64

Looking at the pictures I think white epaulettes might be a good idea, even though they are not exactly the same.

Or perhaps a bead (or ring collar?) looks good as well, but maybe it makes no difference since minifigs almost have no neck at all :pir-classic:

Anyway, you could try these things and see how it looks, but they look very good already :pir-sweet:

Don't know why the folder doesn't become public...

so here are the links in original size:

british-1o.png

british-21d.png

british-2d.png

british-3nco.png

british-4p_1.png

british-4p_2.png

Woody64

Edited by woody64

Those look really good. It's been forever, but do you have a 3d printer to make actual figs like this? I could see these in some real sets.

Do any of these guys need epaulettes?

Unfortunately an old picture of a 3d printed Wellington. The results are better with the newer ones (Shapeways/FD and colored per hand or black pWSFby Sculpteo).

5155211818_775c1d1dca_z.jpg