Superkalle

Official Lego sets - Book, WIP, Requests

Do we have the 42140 App-controlled Transformation Vehicle Technic set in Draw/LDD/Stud.io form? It looks like we don't have it in our database

Do we have the 42140 App-controlled Transformation Vehicle Technic set in Draw/LDD/Stud.io form? It looks like we don't have it in our database

I wanted to give it an overhaul mod in studio 

Has anyone built the Boutique Hotel modular? If not then could someone please do so?

Also, how do I download the new parts that people have made (eople have been making custom parts and prints for pieces made after 2017)?

Is there a link I can download to download the whole lot? How do I make sure it doesn't stuff up LDD? I'm already having trouble with files with more than around 7000 pieces, the programme starts crashing despite me having a powerful gaming computer.

Is there a way to download the new parts without too much coding? I am very unconfident when it comes to typing code and copy pasting files, deleting files etc. I tried it once and stuff up my pictures folder so I'd hate to stuff up my LDD.

16 hours ago, Brickchap said:

Has anyone built the Boutique Hotel modular? If not then could someone please do so?

Also, how do I download the new parts that people have made (eople have been making custom parts and prints for pieces made after 2017)?

Is there a link I can download to download the whole lot? How do I make sure it doesn't stuff up LDD? I'm already having trouble with files with more than around 7000 pieces, the programme starts crashing despite me having a powerful gaming computer.

Is there a way to download the new parts without too much coding? I am very unconfident when it comes to typing code and copy pasting files, deleting files etc. I tried it once and stuff up my pictures folder so I'd hate to stuff up my LDD.

My recommendation is that don’t bother with LDD, it’s a very clunky mess and it can crash easily if you use large builds. Use Bricklink’s Studio instead which will receive consistent updates to add new parts weekly. You can even make custom parts with decals/prints on them.

also studio lets you convert LDD files and vise versa and you can save your files as a .ldd

3 hours ago, Cyborg_Samurai said:

My recommendation is that don’t bother with LDD, it’s a very clunky mess and it can crash easily if you use large builds. Use Bricklink’s Studio instead which will receive consistent updates to add new parts weekly. You can even make custom parts with decals/prints on them.

also studio lets you convert LDD files and vise versa and you can save your files as a .ldd

Is this thread not for Lego Digital Designer? While I appreciate your reply, I am just so sick and tired of people saying "use Studio" whenever I ask a question about LDD. I am not directing that annoyance at you personally, but I have had so many people go on about Studio, sometimes quite adamantly despite my clearly and respectfully rejecting the Studio idea and asking for assistance with LDD. It's like asking how to add page borders to Microsoft Word and everyone tells you to go buy a whole new computer.

Studio is extremely user unfriendly. I struggle to understand how it works despite using LDD for years, as well as having a little experience with other non Lego CAD programmes. Studio may have lots of new parts but that's pointless if I struggle to even place and connect them. The idea of an in built rendering system and the ability to make custom prints as well as having all the new parts is great, and I would love to have that. But I have tried multiple times using Studio and it is just so complicated and user unfriendly; even the black background makes the experience far less enjoyable than LDD.

I once built a WW1 era omnibus (because Studio had an old Fabuland staircase piece it needed) in Studio, it was a relatively small 6 wide bus and not at all complicated. That thing took me hours to make in Studio, in LDD I could have made it in less than an hour. 

Building minifigs is my favourite thing to do and there's no way I'm spending  hours having to put arms, hands, legs and waist pieces together for each individual character. Furthermore, while Studio does have a good range of prints, it doesn't have any of the prints available in LDD which is just dumb because you would think that is the first thing they would add and then go on from there.

I have previously been open to trying Studio for the purpose of rendering my LDD models however this never works as while Studio can import LDD files, for some reason it always completely mucks up my model. I'll have entire sections of buildings missing, minifigs with no prints, I've even had bricks randomly turned 90 degrees from the way they should have been facing. This was not because the colours or parts didn't exist in real life, I checked that before hand; and the turning brick problem was literally just a straight bricks on top of bricks wall. It wasn't like I was doing any crazy illegal techniques or anything.

I didn't know you could save studio files as .ldd files, how do you do this? I have had people wish to send me models but can't because they use Studio and I use LDD.

Also, one more thing. People's main complaint with LDD is it's outdated parts inventory. This problem has been fixed as I said by a group of fans who someone accessed the LDD parts database and managed to make codes or stuff like that so they can make custom parts and fix existing ones.

These have been working fine for other people so I wanted to know how to successfully download these new parts onto my LDD without causing any problems with my existing files.

On 4/20/2022 at 5:24 AM, Brickchap said:

It is on my list to do. But since I am adding the new parts and prints as well, this takes longer than it would normally do.

On 4/20/2022 at 5:24 AM, Brickchap said:

Is there a link I can download to download the whole lot? How do I make sure it doesn't stuff up LDD?

Yes, there a instructions and a link to the latest update in the LDD New Part topic. If you follow the steps, your LDD will not be stuffed-up. And that is also the reason you should keep a copy of the lif file.

Edited by Stephan

17 hours ago, Stephan said:

It is on my list to do. But since I am adding the new parts and prints as well, this takes longer than it would normally do.

Yes, there a instructions and a link to the latest update in the LDD New Part topic. If you follow the steps, your LDD will not be stuffed-up. And that is also the reason you should keep a copy of the lif file.

Thanks! Great to hear someone is making Boutique Hotel and the new prints. I assume the new prints would include the rotary telephone and typewriter? (I NEED those haha)

This is irrelevant to the hotel but I'd really appreciate if someone could make the minifig prints from Pharaoh's Quest (especially all the heroes) for LDD, they would help a lot with my 1930s-1950s MOCs. All the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts prints would also be really good and I reckon quite popular.

Thanks for the link!

@StephanOh one more thing. When you download the new parts link, does that include every new part added up to that point or just the new parts added that month for example? And to update does that mean I will have to re-download LDD every few months?

6 hours ago, Brickchap said:

does that include every new part added up to that point or just the new parts added that month for example?

It includes all new parts since the first update.

7 hours ago, Brickchap said:

And to update does that mean I will have to re-download LDD every few months?

Nope, you just download the rar file, and unzip it in the LDD folder. You do that every time a new update is released. That's all.

On 2/13/2011 at 12:00 PM, Man with a hat said:

10185 Green Grocer, Theme: Modular Buildings -duplicate-

10185_green_grocer.lxf

Hi, great job with the Green Grocer!

On 5/4/2010 at 3:00 AM, Johnnhiszippy3 said:

Here are a few official sets I made in LDD:

10182 - Cafe Corner - Theme: Modular Buildings
10182 - Cafe Corner.LXF

10190 - Market Street - Theme: Modular Buildings
10190 - Market Street

10197 - Fire Brigade - Theme: Modular Buildings
10197 - Fire Brigade

10211 - Grand Emporium - Theme: Modular Buildings
10211 - Grand Emporium

Hi, great job with the LDD Modular buildings!

On 3/3/2012 at 2:51 AM, Sjuip said:

10224 - Town Hall - Theme: Modular Buildings

10224 LXF

Hi, great job with the Town Hall!

On 3/1/2013 at 7:40 PM, Stephan said:

Good evening!

10232 Palace Cinema - Theme: Creator; Expert - LXF file

Hi, great job with the Palace Cinema!

I'm new to this forum and wonder what the policies are for downloading and using official Lego sets made in LDD from this forum? I have downloaded your build and wonder if I can use it in an illustration together with a MOC I have built? ..and post it on different social media platforms? I will of course give you credit for your build. 

Edited by Calabar
Please avoid to quote posts with large images or long text. And, please, avoid to copy-paste the same text multiple times. Post moved inside the proper topic.

@Cyborg_Samurai

Original LDD lacks many necessary key parts for Super Mario sets. It is possible to add them, but the result would probably be not much satisfying.

Maybe it is time for a new LDD Official Sets topic that allows to use new custom parts. it seems few builders are willing to add the lxf files with custom parts (as extra) together with a main file that only uses original parts.

@CalabarGood idea. What would also be really helpful would be a new thread or folder or something where fans can go to the latest LDD with all the new 'custom' parts (for parts made post 2017), and click on one link to download the whole lot.

At the moment its very difficult finding the latest link to all the new parts (which ideally would include all parts made previously too). Also in this space could be a link to download LDD 4.3.11 I think it is (the one that isn't stuffed up).

Finally, I'm not sure if this is possible but it would be really cool and helpful if there was a way for one to download LDD (4.3.11) with all the custom parts included as one download.

That would save all the moving folders, renaming stuff etc. which is very daunting to those of us like me who don't know much about computers and don't want to stuff up our LDD.

34 minutes ago, Brickchap said:

At the moment its very difficult finding the latest link to all the new parts (which ideally would include all parts made previously too).

That’s very easy. That link is in every post: Link.

34 minutes ago, Brickchap said:

Finally, I'm not sure if this is possible but it would be really cool and helpful if there was a way for one to download LDD (4.3.11) with all the custom parts included as one download.

This is unfortunately not possible since A) we do not own LDD and its files and B) we cannot alter the installer (legally) at this time.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:04 PM, Calabar said:

@Cyborg_Samurai

Original LDD lacks many necessary key parts for Super Mario sets. It is possible to add them, but the result would probably be not much satisfying.

Maybe it is time for a new LDD Official Sets topic that allows to use new custom parts. it seems few builders are willing to add the lxf files with custom parts (as extra) together with a main file that only uses original parts.

I started building the sets and creating custom parts so that no printed parts will be left out. However I am using studio to make this.

there isn’t any shortcuts for me on this since I can’t just download the Mecabricks because it uses an entirely different coding language that LDraw, Studio, or LDD doesn’t recognize 

Edited by Cyborg_Samurai

@Cyborg_Samurai

Mecabricks uses its own file format, LDD do the same while stud.io is based on LDRAW format. Anyway Mecabricks should allow to export models in other file formats, if I remember correctly.

Note that this topic is for LDD only

Edited by Calabar

10 hours ago, Calabar said:

@Cyborg_Samurai

Mecabricks uses its own file format, LDD do the same while stud.io is based on LDRAW format. Anyway Mecabricks should allow to export models in other file formats, if I remember correctly.

Note that this topic is for LDD only

I can submit my Mario set files as a LDD but I feel like people would complain that the parts would be corrupted/warped due to errors because it would be a conversion when they can have it nice and clean in studio. I will post the stuff on my bricksafe but I guess it won’t be added to the glossary 

@Cyborg_Samurai

In order to post files in the LDD Official Sets topic, you have to follow the rules of that topic. Note that you have to post a file properly realized and checked, not a RAW conversion, and that file containing custom bricks have to be shared as an extra together with a file made with LDD original brickset.

A better place where to place a file created with stud.io could be the LDRAW Official Sets topic, but I'm not sure that stud.io files are accepted because even if stud.io file format is based on LDRAW, it is different and not directly accessible with other software using LDRAW.

I have a request to make.  Could someone make/submit this 2 Lego sets, along with the alternate models for it please.  They are both Creator sets.  I would really appreciate it.

31097 Townhouse Pet Shop and Cafe

31131 Downtown Noodle Shop

@GTS

Note that this topic is for models realized with LDD only. There is not a topic for IO models (but there is one for LDRAW models, and stud.io is derived from LDRAW). In order to post a new model in the LDD or LDRAW official sets topic you should carefully follow the topic's guidelines you can find in the first post of each.
Also, please read my post a little above that answers a similar question.