The Yellow Brick

MOC: Lego Beach

So I've been wanting to add a beach to my Lego City for quite some time now and I finally got arround to doing it, here's some Pictures of it and I'd love to hear what you think about it.

(For those who are wondering how i got the Tan bases I brought 3 Ramses Pyramid) default_laugh_new.gif

lego_stuff_001.jpg

lego_stuff_002.jpg

lego_stuff_003.jpg

lego_stuff_004.jpg

oh2.gifoh2.gifoh2.gif

lego_stuff_005.jpg

lego_stuff_006.jpg

I really need to re-make that coffee sign

lego_stuff_007.jpg

lego_stuff_008.jpg

lego_stuff_009.jpg

lego_stuff_010.jpg

lego_stuff_011.jpg

lego_stuff_013.jpg

lego_stuff_014.jpg

lego_stuff_015.jpg

lego_stuff_016.jpg

Half of my City

Edited by The Red Brick

The beach looks really good, I would call it a little bit to Lego-ish but this can be a good thing. You city looks great with the new trains. Why not starting a different topic dedicated to your city. I would love to see some close-ups of the trains in various parts of the trains.

The beach looks really good, I would call it a little bit to Lego-ish but this can be a good thing. You city looks great with the new trains. Why not starting a different topic dedicated to your city. I would love to see some close-ups of the trains in various parts of the trains.

I'll post some pictures of my whole city either tomorrow or today, but I need to get it sorted out first because the Road Plates are being pushed together and they keep being pushed up

The beach looks great, if not a little bare, must be a school/work day. I would suggest that you put up some kind of barrier in front of the coffe shop so drivers do not follow the road straight into it.

The beach looks great, if not a little bare, must be a school/work day. I would suggest that you put up some kind of barrier in front of the coffe shop so drivers do not follow the road straight into it.

I had the same ideas! I would definitely crash my car into the cafe there, at full speed! The beach is nice and you don't see beaches too often, but it is a little.. square, you know what I mean? The street, sand and water are in the same line, and the side with the police is a straight 90 degree angle to it. Where the police is I would built some small rocks or so, otherwise it feels like the policemen would get wet feet pretty often. And between the sidewalk and beach I would put something, I dont know. A fence, more green, so the cut doesn't seem that hard. AND (gosh, sorry, I am just brainstorming) you should consider getting some Paradisa minifigs - do you like them? They would be terrific there.

But actually, seeing your room.. HOW did you make those photos???

Cheers mate, and keep up the good work! Lovely city!

Excellent work on your seaside town/city....the Loot Island just adds fun to your creation ! :wink:

Nice little coffee shop, though the seating and tables are a little basic.....but hey it's your design - you ilke it - rock with it ! :sweet:

Now I use photo sticker paper and use an ink jet printer to create my signs, etc., just a humble suggestion. :sweet:

Whats the little two storey red/yellow building by the rail line ?

Anyway, great work - hope it expands even more so.....at least you have plenty police there and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Pretty nice beach you got there 'The Red Brick', I love the small coffee shop and the lightguard's post. The design of the water is a bit plain and simple to me, perhaps the use of tiles, cheese slopes, curved slopes, and in different shades of blue would have given the water a bit variation, action, and 'life'. But still, that's a good start that you could always improve with the right parts.

The beach scene is refreshing, so many Cities (including mine) are full of buildings and road and not much scenery. I think the lines are a little too harsh and need to be broken up, but fantastic concept and first design run. I love the sunbather and the "bow wave" around the surfboard. Great effort, can't wait to see the rest of the City and your beach improvements! :classic:

I had the same ideas! I would definitely crash my car into the cafe there, at full speed! The beach is nice and you don't see beaches too often, but it is a little.. square, you know what I mean? The street, sand and water are in the same line, and the side with the police is a straight 90 degree angle to it. Where the police is I would built some small rocks or so, otherwise it feels like the policemen would get wet feet pretty often. And between the sidewalk and beach I would put something, I dont know. A fence, more green, so the cut doesn't seem that hard. AND (gosh, sorry, I am just brainstorming) you should consider getting some Paradisa minifigs - do you like them? They would be terrific there.

But actually, seeing your room.. HOW did you make those photos???

Cheers mate, and keep up the good work! Lovely city!

Yes, I do like paradisa but unfortunatly I never got the chance to buy any default_cry4.gif . I will put a fence or a barrier up against the cafe, to stop you from driving into it default_laugh_new.gif and the rock idea is fantastic, I might even make a pier too.

Pretty nice beach you got there 'The Red Brick', I love the small coffee shop and the lightguard's post. The design of the water is a bit plain and simple to me, perhaps the use of tiles, cheese slopes, curved slopes, and in different shades of blue would have given the water a bit variation, action, and 'life'. But still, that's a good start that you could always improve with the right parts.

I will try and add some more detail to the sea, at the moment I'm trying to give the beach a more curved look and get rid of a giant spider which I found living inside the Green Grocer default_look.gif

I like this. The pirates island in there is a little odd, but cool. I would add a kind of a dike or dunes between the actual beach and the road. It looks like the streets will be covered in water when it's high tide. :laugh: It would add a lot of realism to the diorama. I also really like the road ending up at a place where they sell coffee!

Furthermore I'd say to put some more girls in there, the beach is a little empty. And what about a shark somewhere?

Keep it up!

I think a gray wall between the beach and the road is a good idea, with some gates to let people in. Minifigs would also get an extra place to sit. I think that you should add some more colors to where the beach hits the water, maybe like a mix of white and blue as well as everything in between.

With that being said the beach looks better than anything I have done, so good job!

I like this. The pirates island in there is a little odd, but cool. I would add a kind of a dike or dunes between the actual beach and the road. It looks like the streets will be covered in water when it's high tide. default_laugh_new.gif It would add a lot of realism to the diorama. I also really like the road ending up at a place where they sell coffee!

Furthermore I'd say to put some more girls in there, the beach is a little empty. And what about a shark somewhere?

Keep it up!

Thank you for that suggestion default_classic.gif I might put up a small sand barrier between the beach and the road, and add a few girls (just for you default_tong.gif ).

Good start for a beach scene! I'm looking forward to watching how you develop it and add more realism. I recently re-worked my beach (as you can see in the topic in my link), and it's fun figuring out how to make it better. That's one of the cool things about scenery--you can always change it and make it better (I guess that applies to everything LEGO, really).

Good start for a beach scene! I'm looking forward to watching how you develop it and add more realism. I recently re-worked my beach (as you can see in the topic in my link), and it's fun figuring out how to make it better. That's one of the cool things about scenery--you can always change it and make it better (I guess that applies to everything LEGO, really).

Yes I have seen you beach scene and it's fantastic default_classic.gif I will be working on my beach alot more in 2011, but now I am working on a small village scene for the Winter toy shop and the winter bakery (when it's released).

Edited by The Red Brick

Nice beach, you have a lot of room. I do have an idea for improvement though - maybe you could make an offroad lifeguard vehicle wih surfboard. That could be "stationed" next to the lifeguard hut. This is what I mean:

2060804006Mini4L.jpg

I also like how you created a wave effect around the surfboarder!

Nice beach, you have a lot of room. I do have an idea for improvement though - maybe you could make an offroad lifeguard vehicle wih surfboard. That could be "stationed" next to the lifeguard hut. This is what I mean:

I also like how you created a wave effect around the surfboarder!

Mmm... Interesting Idea, I was thinking on adding a Life guard vehicle quite awhile back and I might do now default_classic.gif