KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

...Mole? I haven't seen any moles in Star Wars. :wacko:

~ General Magma

HAHA sorry I have a spell checker that checks as I type and I must have forgotten to check.

Or was it that you didn't know about the subterranean evil under-lord Darth mOle the subjugater of a thousand under worlds :laugh: (I had to put that mid cap to fool my spell checker)

'At last we will reveal ourselves to the hedgehogs, at last we shall have revenge'.

-legolandia

The last two?! There is only 1 Darth Maul figure that has ever been made and included in different sets.

The first one was in the original Sith infiltrator, Jedi duel and the minifig set and had red pupils, the second came in the redesigned infiltrator and had yellow pupils.

Edited by Mr Man

And that template could be also used in the future for making Savage. :thumbup:

Yes, it would need larger horns however.

I wouldn't really care for a new Savage Opress figure, but that's what happens if you make a nearly perfect version of him yourself... :laugh:

@Mr Man: Well, actually, there were two variations of Darth Maul. One of them, the oldest one, had red pupils.

The newest one from 2007 has black pupils. It's not a big deal, really, but there's still a difference.

~ General Magma

Would the Darth Maul head have a custom molded rubber head, or just a minifigure head with printing?

Well, the existing Darth Maul figs have printing; so a new one would have to be a new mold with horns.

I would prefer a normal Darth Maul head with a horn-headpiece, just like Shaak Ti or Ashoka; this way he could still war a hood.

Well, the existing Darth Maul figs have printing; so a new one would have to be a new mold with horns.

I would prefer a normal Darth Maul head with a horn-headpiece, just like Shaak Ti or Ashoka; this way he could still war a hood.

Agreed. The hood is essential for Maul's character. The one improvement I'd like to see, though, is to change his head to black printing on red instead of red on black, because the way they've done it now makes him look odd without a hood on. Black on red with printing on the back of the head would be much better.

You're just picking. Yes, if you want 100% proportion, UCS is the only way when concerning minifigs. Even then, that cockpit was cramped and lacking much detail.

But if you look at the 2000 Falcon, it's actually much more proportionate than the 2004 model with regards to that cockpit that dwarves the rest of the ship. If the mandibles were a tad longer on the 2000 model, the proportions would have been slightly better, even if it wasn't a fully accurate model. Not that the 2004 model was that accurate. More like a Pizza gone wrong. Lego were right to attempt a redesign, but got the wrong design.

If the new Falcon could have a cockpit similar to the 2000 model, or based on plates and hinges, rather than bricks (a scaled down UCS design, like the Endor AT-ST), I think they could make it work without making the rest of the craft much bigger than what it is now on the 2000/4 models. Make it all a few studs wider, a few studs longer - it could make all the difference, and give more room for internal details like some kind of corridor that people seem to really want.

Yeah, but I wasn't the one who wanted a fully proportional MF. I actually can't remember who it was. Personally, it doesn't really bother me; this set will get either a major mod or complete breakdown from yours truly if it exists. Which it apparently does.

More news from Jordan and everyone will love it :wub:

And more great news: We are Finally getting a new Padme in her Naboo Cruiser: Figures are Padme, Jar-Jar and C-3PO :thumbup:

If that does not impress you the last one will.

THE MALEVOLENCE :wub::tongue:

ITS $350

its comes with, Grievous, 2 firefighter Battle Droids, Count Dooku, 3 Rocket Battle Droids, a Pod hunter "Squeezer", 3 Battle Droids, a Escape Pod, Plo Koon, Sinker, Boost, and Officer Costume Wolffe.

Padme! :wub: After 12(next year) long years we are finally getting Padme again!

The Malevolence is a must buy for me! Firefighter battle droids! Those guys were hilarious in the Destroy Malevolence episode. Thank you to Jordan and commanderneyo.

Lord Embo

The new Sugi doesn't have horns does she, if she did then TLG could use them for Maul as its the same year, but if she doesn't then I cant see Maul (or every ones most wanted Savage Oppress) having horns. If Maul did then a horned headpiece would be required and not a molded head.

Lord Embo

Hmm Well A new Padme is good but I kind of liked the fact she hasn't been in any set for so long and TLG resisted everyone's cry's :laugh:

Edited by Mr Man

The Malevolence is a must buy for me! Firefighter battle droids! Those guys were hilarious in the Destroy Malevolence episode. Thank you to Jordan and commanderneyo.

Lord Embo

I wouldn't believe Jordan, at least not at the moment; so don't get too exited about the Padme/Malevolence, there is no, absolutely NO proof at all they will be released.

Jordan promised to make a picture until this Sunday, so unless he does manage to give us a pic in the few hours remaining everything he said is proven wrong.

I think it is probable that we get a new Padme some day, but I don't think we'll get her this year.

Lord Embo

Except it's $350. For Padme, I'd consider most any set, but at nearly the price of the DS?

Except it's $350. For Padme, I'd consider most any set, but at nearly the price of the DS?

I thought we were getting her in her silver cruiser...

I thought we were getting her in her silver cruiser...

Pretty sure that was a wish, not a rumor. Besides, it wouldn't be silver if it was a set. Metallic silver, maybe.

Pretty sure that was a wish, not a rumor. Besides, it wouldn't be silver if it was a set. Metallic silver, maybe.

And more great news: We are Finally getting a new Padme in her Naboo Cruiser: Figures are Padme, Jar-Jar and C-3PO :thumbup:

Since we don't have pictures I guess its a wish but this was one of the sets jordan mentioned.. :classic:

Now would be the perfect time to skip talking about this Jordan fella.

Either we see pics or we don't.

What I do promise is that I've had enough of the chit-chat and spam in this topic.

Slow down and consider what you're posting please.

Personally I need more sources than some farkbook dude with a slightly dubious wishlist.

Stick to discussing what we already know - which is waaaaay more than we usually do at this point.

Now would be the perfect time to skip talking about this Jordan fella.

Either we see pics or we don't.

What I do promise is that I've had enough of the chit-chat and spam in this topic.

Slow down and consider what you're posting please.

Personally I need more sources than some farkbook dude with a slightly dubious wishlist.

Stick to discussing what we already know - which is waaaaay more than we usually do at this point.

Sorry KimT

Does anyone know why we don't have any proper pics of MW JSF and the Geonosis set?

Edited by Mr Man

What do people think of this Dathomir Speeder that was confirmed on that South African site(can't remember the name)? In other words, what do you think it will look like, what figures do you think it will include and how they'll look and what do you think the piece count will be?

This is my prediction for it:

Piece Count: 150+

It will look like the ship that Savage Opress emerges from in the Season 3 trailer.

Minifigs: Count Dooku(same as in the Solar Sailer), a Nightsister witch(can't remember the one in the trailer's name, will have legs like Professor McGonogall of the HP theme, new moulded head) and Savage Opress(similar to Darth Maul, new moulded head with horns on top, same print as Darth Maul but with yellow instead of red, entire head yellow with black lines).

This is merely a prediction, not confirmation. So what do you think this mysterious set will include?

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

Well, I don't think Dooku will be in this set; it is far to small to contain more than 1 more or less exclusive fig.

Minifigs: Savage Opress(similar to Darth Maul, new moulded head with horns on top, same print as Darth Maul but with yellow instead of red, entire head yellow with balck lines).

I think a Savage Opress fig is very probable; as I hope that DM gets a new head mold, it would be perfect for TLG if they could use the same new mould in 2 sets.

A Nightsister is very probable too, I think this set will be exactly like the Freeco Speeder (1 exclusive and a native fig).

Have the past January sets shown up earlier than expected in other countries than France, too? The Pharao's Quest sets, for instance, are already available; does this happen to the SW sets as well?

Does anyone know why we don't have any proper pics of MW JSF and the Geonosis set?

Probably because they're "Special Edition" meaning TRU Exclusives in the US and other toystore chains around the world. That could be the reason, plus I think we might not see them released until February or March unlike the January wave which will be prematurely released in December (as usual :hmpf:).

unlike the January wave which will be prematurely released in December (as usual :hmpf:).

Is this true for European countries(such as Germany :grin:), too? It would be great to be able to buy 2011 sets for christmas without having to order from the netherlands...

Anyway, why do the shops release the sets too early? Are they "allowed" to do it or don't they know the sets are supposed to be released in January?

Probably because they're "Special Edition" meaning TRU Exclusives in the US and other toystore chains around the world. That could be the reason, plus I think we might not see them released until February or March unlike the January wave which will be prematurely released in December (as usual :hmpf:).

Really?

Can't wait for reviews. :wub:

I would like DM with new head but how would they make the hood.

Maybe it won't be plastic at all (hood).

Is this true for European countries(such as Germany :grin:), too? It would be great to be able to buy 2011 sets for christmas without having to order from the netherlands...

Anyway, why do the shops release the sets too early? Are they "allowed" to do it or don't they know the sets are supposed to be released in January?

I know the official release of the January wave in Denmark and Germany is the 16th or 18th of December.

It's allowed and probably to make more money on Christmas sales.

I know the official release of the January wave in Denmark and Germany is the 16th or 18th of December.

Wow, thank you ever so much! You just save christmas! :thumbup: :thumbup: :laugh:

Stardusty: I don't think they would make 2 new pieces(a new head and a new hood), I think a head with a hairpiece(only instead of hair there are horns) would be much more logical, as the normal hood still would fit.

At me its late januay (20th january-1st february) :(

EDIT : Well,i will be able to see reviews and change my mind 'bout the sets. (which won't happen)

Edited by Gile (SRB)

What do people think of this Dathomir Speeder that was confirmed on that South African site(can't remember the name)? In other words, what do you think it will look like, what figures do you think it will include and how they'll look and what the piece count will be.

This is my prediction for it:

Piece Count: 150+

It will look like the ship that Savage Opress emerges from in the Season 3 trailer.

Minifigs: Count Dooku(same as in the Solar Sailer), a Nightsister witch(can't remember the one in the trailer's name, will have legs like Professor McGonogall of the HP theme, new moulded head) and Savage Opress(similar to Darth Maul, new moulded head with horns on top, same print as Darth Maul but with yellow instead of red, entire head yellow with balck lines).

This is merely a prediction, not confirmation. So what do you think this mysterious set will include?

Lord Embo

Wasn't there supposed to be something like Season 3 would wreck Asaaj's or Aurra's or somebody's past with an episode on Dathomir and a Dathomiri mother?

Wasn't there supposed to be something like Season 3 would wreck Asaaj's or Aurra's or somebody's past with an episode on Dathomir and a Dathomiri mother?

Ventress is going back to Dathomir, yes. Looks like a nice opportunity to get Asajj's minifig right, the old one from the RAG isn't good enough.

A small 27 dollar set including Ventress would be appreciated by those who don't have her fig - she's one of the main TCW villains after all. Between Opress and Ventress in the set, my money's on Ventress. When did TLG last throw an exciting new minifig into a small set?

Ventress is going back to Dathomir, yes. Looks like a nice opportunity to get Asajj's minifig right, the old one from the RAG isn't good enough.

A small 27 dollar set including Ventress would be appreciated by those who don't have her fig - she's one of the main TCW villains after all. Between Opress and Ventress in the set, my money's on Ventress. When did TLG last throw an exciting new minifig into a small set?

So Ventress is Dathomiri now, not Ratatakan? Either way, I doubt they'll change the minifig.