KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Well at last years comic con, Obi Wan's JSF was revealed, so I'm assumung that this year, again, the second exclusive will be revealed.

you have right!!

you have right!!

Meaning... You know there's a second exclusive to be revealed at SDCC? :look:

Meaning... You know there's a second exclusive to be revealed at SDCC? :look:

sure!!

You're making two huge assumptions with that, those being that they will do more books, and that if they do they will stick to celebration minifigs. Besides, there were other characters present at that ceremony. General Dodonna would be a start for a possible fourth book-exclusive minifig.

Believe me Doc, I know. Just wondering. :classic:

And Dodonna would make sense, but is somewhat unlikely (in my opinion).

Surely any new set for this year would have been in the new lego collector book that has just come out?

As I collect Lego SW I will be getting the hoth base but still looks very disapointing. Can't wait until we get hi res images or a review to see all features of this set. I like the med bay and Luke but surly TLG has put some little fun hidden features. Whats going on with the X-wing pilot bridge on the top of the base? Good eyes Doctor with seeing the falling ice spikes. Dont know what Leia is holding? Probably somthing for the Tawn-Tawn.

Edited by wokajablocka

Good spot. :thumbup: Now that you mention it, I'm seeing one of those as well. Though whether it is or not, I can't figure out what sort of yellow accessory would be appropriate for that minifig. :wacko:

Hmm, I hadn't thought of the yellow object being an ice block. It would have made more sense to me as being the piece I linked earlier as a light or signal of some sort, but then a popsicle could also be appropriate here.

I've finally noticed the Tauntaun pen! I can't believe I overlooked that so many times. :laugh:

Thanks for the pic.

I can't decide which looks uglier: the outside or the inside. :sick: But the Tauntaun pen looks better from this angle.

Thanks for the pic.

I can't decide which looks uglier: the outside or the inside. :sick: But the Tauntaun pen looks better from this angle.

What outside and inside? :laugh:

After looking at the latest pic for Hoth better Im starting to like the look from the outside. It may look aright sitting next to 7666 and 7749 for a full Hoth base. Just dont really like it whan its closed up in a square, much better IMO when the base is spread out.

@ Ceroknight, The outside of the base is on the back of the box. Originally I thought the main doors where ware the Doctor noiced the hanging icicles but they must just be the entrance to corrodoors when the set is folded out.

Edited by wokajablocka

And Dodonna would make sense, but is somewhat unlikely (in my opinion).

A celebration Leia would make more sense.

Bah, i like it. Since there's always something people mourn and cry about, my objection might be the price when it's out but let's see. :wink:

Thanks for the new pics. :thumbup:

Interesting to see 7879 being available somewhere remote while even S@H doesn't offer it at this time. At first i was afraid that it would end up as a filler between the running summer and the upcoming winter wave. Good to see that this fear was wrong.

7666 looked awkward at first sight either but at second glance one found out about it's qualities. looking at it's today's prices (even if used) - that was a classic. I have little doubt that 7879 will live up to that and be it after being out of production. It has a Tauntaun, some main protagonists, is foldable offers several different theme areas, the nice E-Web of 7749, an exclusive red 3PO unit, another new robot (2-1B) and some Snowies to battle with. I am already curious about the walkway and the crane thingy and their (yet hidden) features.

Together with either 7666 and/or 7749 this one makes for a great Hoth theme diorama. I assume with little effort the archway (of the Tauntaun pen) can be expanded to let through a T-47 of 8089 (which makes for another great side set for this).

In the end i like full standalones even more but 7879 is close and seems to be everything but a bad set, IMO. As mentioned above i hope that the price won't be of a galaxy far, far away... :classic:

A celebration Leia would make more sense.

We were discussing a fourth figure after the Celebration Leia.

I assume with little effort the archway (of the Tauntaun pen) can be expanded to let through a T-47 of 8089 (which makes for another great side set for this).

But that side of the base will still be too shallow to hold a T-47. Actually, I think if you hollowed out the entire base it would still only hold one T-47.

I want to say the second exclusive set for this year...

I just noticed your reply.

So, at least you can confirm that there will be another set of the 10xxx series before the end of 2011? Could you tell us if you are talking about SW or just, for example, one of those exclusive sets with shops, or it goes beyond your NDA?

I'm looking forward to the new Hoth Base. If I was a kid, I'd love it as it was. Looks really fun and playable. But I'm going to mod it heavily - everything within it is really useful to make a bigger, better Hoth base. Just add in 7666 (maybe enlarge the doors to T-65 width/height) and numerous copies of the smaller Hoth sets and I think we could have something really special.

I'm looking forward to the new Hoth Base. If I was a kid, I'd love it as it was. Looks really fun and playable. But I'm going to mod it heavily - everything within it is really useful to make a bigger, better Hoth base. Just add in 7666 (maybe enlarge the doors to T-65 width/height) and numerous copies of the smaller Hoth sets and I think we could have something really special.

Kids will love this for sure! It'll have the same popularity as the Endor playset I reckon. AFOLs expect more out of these releases though. You said yourself, this will be a heavy mod job. I just can't understand how we get beautiful scenic creations like MMV, Mill Raid, the Winter Village series, etc. and when it come to Echo Base this is so far off the mark.

O well, complete AFOL as I am - I'll probably still buy it!

Just spotted the Character Encyclopedia with Ceremonial Han Solo as the figure. Not sure if this was known before or not, but no updated picture in the first post yet.

5910090948_7e29161e88.jpg

Looks like Kim has to keep his Yavin 4 Moc going :laugh:

Found on FBTB's Flickr thread.

Just spotted the Character Encyclopedia with Ceremonial Han Solo as the figure. Not sure if this was known before or not, but no updated picture in the first post yet.

We've already seen the Celebration Han a few pages back. But thanks for the picture anyway :wink: .

Looks like Kim has to keep his Yavin 4 Moc going :laugh:

Found on FBTB's Flickr thread.

Aye we've seen it already (Kims slackin' off with the frontpage update!). I'm personally liking the this new celebration Han. :classic:

Edited by pedro

I like the celebration Han fig. I noticed that his shirt shows less of his chest, but I would have liked if the had given his white shirt the redo they did on the Han minifigs from last year, with more details. Also, I can see the new Luke from the MF on the front cover of the book, just on the left edge.

I noticed that his shirt shows less of his chest, but I would have liked if the had given his white shirt the redo they did on the Han minifigs from last year, with more details.

I like this shirt design. Simple, effective, classic LEGO print there.

Hopefully this means we'll get a celebration Leia too at some point. That'd be fantastic.

Poor Chewie didn't get a medal... so no special celebration minifig for him!