Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

Graphic Designer — Graphic Design Team

Read this document, and good luck :sweet:!

Here´s the text also without .pdf:

Graphic Designer — Graphic Design Team

Do you have a keen interest in the LEGO Group’s products, toys and cartoons? And

would you like to have design responsibility for the graphic process on our models,

minifigures, decorations and labels from start to finish? If so, then the Graphic

Designer position is probably what you are looking for.

You will take part in the development of graphics for one or more product lines and

you will join a group of 9 dedicated graphic designers in Billund, Denmark, in the

heart of the organisation where all LEGO models sold worldwide are created.

Develop our future design

As Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for developing labels and decorations

for models from ideation to final technical drawings. You will be in charge of

finalising all graphic work in vector graphics and finalising it for production.

Furthermore, you will make it accessible in Maya. Another important aspect of your

daily work is to eagerly maintain the LEGO Group’s graphic identity, especially on

minifigures.

In addition, you will contribute with visualisation drawings of your and others’ ideas

at a highly professional level in connection with concept development work.

Throughout the development of graphic work, you work in close cooperation with

creative leaders and designers.

Enthusiastic team player with excellent freehand sketching skills

You are an experienced illustrator and master several, different styles both with

your excellent freehand sketching and professional rendering skills. Also, you are an

experienced user of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Joining our team, it is essential

that you are a team player, and you are able to work independently and manage

your own time. You thrive in an informal, innovative and international environment

where you will meet lots of variety in your daily work. As you will be working in an

international environment, spoken and written English is a prerequisite.

Application and contact

Mark your application “Graphic Designer”, and send it to LEGO System A/S, Systemvej 6, DK-7190 Billund, att. Kirsten Danielsen during July 2010.

To be considered for the job, you must enclose CV and copy of portfolio in hard copy format incl. hand sketches of characters & logos and at least one finalized in

vector graphics. If you have questions about the position, please contact Graphic

Design Team: Senior Manager Mette Bundgaard Nielsen at +45 7950 4526 or Senior

Designer Lauge Drewes at +45 7950 5690.

Edited by CopMike
Application date prolonged

Geez! If they had announced this earlier, I could have spent another month on my portfolio! Soooo frustrating.

Geez! If they had announced this earlier, I could have spent another month on my portfolio! Soooo frustrating.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Hi. The application date prolonged until the end of July? Where did you get this information? I didn't found that on lego.com. Cheers!

Hi. The application date prolonged until the end of July? Where did you get this information? I didn't found that on lego.com. Cheers!

From TLG to me.

Why don't you guys simply send another one? I'm sure it won't harm anyone ;-)

First impressions man ;)

Sounds like a cool job, and something I am taking classses for but I wont be able to apply for a position untill I am out of school in 2 years and by then it will be filled. :cry_sad:

Why don't you guys simply send another one? I'm sure it won't harm anyone ;-)

Well, I spent $100 putting mine together and sending it there, and that portfolio will have to speak for itself. If they don't care for what's there, a few more pages won't save it. That said, if I do some fantastic pages in the next few weeks, I may send an addendum. But I think it's best to leave it as is and reapply in a year or two with new stuff.

How many members are applying? I did.

I applied too.

Did my application fast in 15 days. Went to print it in a hurry, sent it fast with a fast delivery service...All this to know 2 days after we had one month more!!! :D:D:D

oh....nevermind! The more applications there will be the more TLG will find the best people and the more we will have amazing minis!

So all in all it's good to have one month to let time to the maximum people to apply!

Good luck to everybody.