Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Choking Not Just for Toddlers

You have trouble with the minifigs? Sometimes if I feel the heads are a little stiff going on, I just twist them around a little when I'm attaching them, which seems to do the trick.

For 1 x 2 plates, I usually put the stack on the separator, and then hold the bottom plate with one hand (pulling gently), and pulling on the brick separator with the other. That almost always makes it easier for me. :classic:

I'm always scared I'll chip a tooth if I use my teeth, or even worse, get tooth marks on my bricks! :grin:

I have a very very unique way of removing headgear from Heads.

It sounds strange but, I used a Missile from a Hasbro Republic Gunship.

41eFYIwRgzL._SS500_.jpg

The connection piece that fits on the spring inside the cannon is just the perfect size to solidly fit into the head, Just yoink on it, You hear a pop, off comes the headgear! I used it many many times on old Joey Lock's head. His forehead was slighty chipped from one tooth mark which made headgear stick on, So some of the paint on his face started to chip, I used this thing, It worked! Shame I lost my Joey Lock figure a while back... :cry_sad:

If you have two brick separators this is no problem.

630-0000-XX-12-1.jpg

See those two studs on the top? Place the two plates on that, attach a second separator on the top and bingo! Separated! (Source: Jamie's video on the Creator website about brick separators)

I think he meant flat as in tiles...

Tile's are easy to get apart. Just Flex them until they unclip.

I nearly choked on a piece as a child. My parents tipped me upside down

and that didnt do any lasting harm...

seriously, i dont think i choked on a piece as a child, and as an adult i am very carefull to follow the warnings that the Lego company helpfully provide on the instructions.

That's why they have ridges on the bottom.

Thanks for making me even more paranoid. :tongue:

Your welcome :laugh: !

Another way that's worked for me in the past is to stick a piece on top of the one that needs removing, make sure it's on tight, and pull the top piece off. It works about half the time.

I have one vivid childhood memory of almost swallowing the tricorner hat. 2544.png. Since then I don't think anything like this happened. And for pieces that are hard to separate, for me nothing beats removing some types of long hair from a head. Mary Jane's hair is a good example: 40251.1119155671.jpg I don't have a brick separator but I don't think that would help in this case.

And for pieces that are hard to separate, for me nothing beats removing some types of long hair from a head. Mary Jane's hair is a good example: I don't have a brick separator but I don't think that would help in this case.

Yeah- Elsa's hair gets stuck for me all the time...

The other day I nearly inhaled a LEGO piece, and had to cough it up. Same thing happened a month or so earlier. Has anyone done this? Or is it just my own clumsyness?

I think the real question is, "Why was a LEGO piece in your mouth or so close to your mouth that it could get lodged?"

I think the real question is, "Why was a LEGO piece in your mouth or so close to your mouth that it could get lodged?"
I believe I wasa trying to remove it from another piece, with my teeth. Then I heard a funny joke, laughed... and inhaled it. Don't remember what happened the first time.

:hmpf:

:hmpf:

It was suppose to be rhetorical. Are you not worried about teeth marks on your LEGO? Seems like a very primative way to dismantle LEGO.

It was suppose to be rhetorical. Are you not worried about teeth marks on your LEGO? Seems like a very primative way to dismantle LEGO.

Not really, and my fingernails are too short from doing other work to help.

Not really, and my fingernails are too short from doing other work to help.

I see. Some of my childhood LEGO has nasty teeth marks from when I got less than patient. I didn't care back then, now I would never dream of biting my precious bricks. To each their own though, and I'm glad you coughed it up and are OK. :thumbup:

I've had it with one of those feather's for brickbeard's pirate hat when I was like 9 or so. haven't put any lego in my mouth eversince.

i am very carefull to follow the warnings that the Lego company helpfully provide on the instructions.

You see, they don't put these warnings on the boxes/instructions just for fun :laugh:

Primative, yet effective! :grin:

-

General Redwater

-

General Redwater

LOL, I suppose, just be careful not to damge those bricks, oh ya, and not to choke.

-

General Redwater

if you think that's bad I wound up tearing my popcorn bag open with my teeth when it refused to go by hand.