Sign in to follow this  
banditloon

The Force is strong in my cupboard

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I can't believe myself at times! I knew I had some Lego stashed somewhere in my flat. And tonight has proved to be very fruitful in the search for the lost Lego.

I bought a Snowtrooper Battle Pack today and was beginning to wonder what ever happened to my three classic SW sets from 1999.

They have surfaced again, and are finally going to see the dawn of a new era.

IMG_0004-3.jpg

IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0002-3.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

I'm happy now. I just need to make some space to display them properly :grin:

Wow, what lucky finds! I wish I could find some classic SW sets in my closet :thumbup:

I managed to get hold of these from the store I was working in at the time before they went on display. Still can't find my huge box of Lego I had somewhere with all my classic Castle and town bricks in. Some you win, some you lose

I wanted that X-wing, mainly for Biggs. Instead, I have the one with Wedge. The next should have Tycho...

Haha, look at those dirty looking 1999 sets! They sure did use a lot of dark grey in those sets didn't they?

It sure is fun to come across some old toys and stuff that you have forgotten about. It feels like Christmas to me. :laugh:

Youre really lucky to have those 1999 sets. I wish I was collecting then :cry_sad:

Nice find indeed!

I have all these 1999 sets too, stashed away in my wardrobe, but I know exactly where they are. Actually, come to think of it, even back then I bought three of the original Snowspeeder and two Y-Wings/TIE Fighters... They are very cool in their own right; it's just too bad that they really don't display that well anymore next to the modern SW sets.

I also have plenty of SW sets (doubles of ones I've bought and built) still stashed away MISB, not for reselling but mostly because I don't have the display room to build them. ALthough I have them all categorized on Brickset and Peeron, when I check these sets out I'm always surprised by how many of these MISB sets I actually have (ranging from battlepacks to the 6211 ISD and the Sandcrawler).

So were they sealed or built and left in the closet? Either way, finding sets that have been long forgotten is always fun, it's almost like getting free sets since you paid for them ages ago.

I wish I could find some of those beauties in my closet! :oh3::wub:

Good for you that you found them! :sweet:

CommanderFox