EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie last night. I must say that it was an amzing movie. It he some great fighting, and some rather realistic looking explosions. The case that Holmes and Watson solved even had me puzzeled, and I have good reasoning skills. They definitely left it open for a sequel.

-'Skintas

I saw "behind enemy lines". Meh okay. If you like war movies that have a good plot and decent acting watch it.

I saw Sherlock Holmes yesterday. Very realistic action, in effects and fighting. That case was baffling me, and the end really made me feel like I should've known it, even it was very complex. I can only hope for a sequel now :sweet:

Terminator Salvation.

Or as my very young cousin says: Terminator Starvation!

Nobody expected movie better than first 2 movies, but it does its job nicely.

I would rang it as a 3rd movie, with a rate of 6/10

I regret that there are relatively small number of terminators, I miss that.

There was one minute when I really enjoyed, if you have watched the movie you can guess.

Such an awesome minute. I had a big grin on me for the whole thing. Incidently, I keep forgetting what the movie's called; I saw it in Poland with subtitles so I think of it as "Terminator: Ocalenie." I think the movie had some big flaws. John Conner is the chosen one? This isn't the effing Matrix, John Conner was never a chosen one. Obvious Matrix contaminations littered the movie that were never part of the Terminator universe. And how do the machines know about Kyle Reese? However, despite all of that and more, I really did enjoy it, it had good action and the Marcus character, despite being a little shallow, was very watchable.

I don't go to the cinema much. Ocalenie was the last film I saw in one, back in July, and I don't know what the one I'd seen before that was. Watched Disney's Pinnochio over Christmas. Very old-fashioned, very boring, but nice to have on if you're doing something else at the same time.

"Oh Brother where art thou". That is a great movie, especially good since it is based on the Odyssey. Both stories line up, and I love movies in that time period. Clooney's character is incredible :thumbup:

I recently saw Avatar. It was amazing but the story lacked in the middle and I had to struggle watching it. The special effects are amazing :wub: ! Now I want to watch the real avatar movie coming out in the middle of the year.

Edited by Roncanator

I recently saw Avatar. It was amazing but the story lacked in the middle and I had to struggle watching it. The special effects are amazing :wub: ! Now I want to watch the real avatar movie coming out in the middle of the year.

It's cool how James Cameron announced that their going to be a trilogy. Can't wait to see the tech in the next move! 8D

It's cool how James Cameron announced that their going to be a trilogy. Can't wait to see the tech in the next move! 8D

Wait another 12 years, then we will shall have the sequel. :tongue:

I just saw the Hurt Locker. Stunning film, not much plot, but the character development and their situation really made you think about Iraq. Great film. 9/10

I was talking about the Last airbender movie which is a live action movie from the animated tv series...

I was talking about the Last airbender movie which is a live action movie from the animated tv series...

*Slaps Head* This is totally the kind of thing I would do. 8D

Man can I be stupid sometimes. Avatar the last air-bender looks cool as well!

I saw Mel Brook's "The Producers." Hilarious movie, although now I can't get "Springtime for Hitler" out of my head. :look:

Meh, not looking forward to it. The preview looked a little odd. :sceptic: I suppose I'll wait...

Bran Nue Dae. The cameo with Magda Szubanski was hilarious! :laugh:

Edited by YG-49

Watched an old communist-era Polish movie named Duże Zwierzą a couple of days ago. 'Bout a retired guy who adopts an abandoned circus camel and the pressures that brings from the community. Very good, very sad, it's been a long time since I've watched a movie where the plot twist is that there isn't one.

Certainly made a change from action movies.

Avatar's going to be a trilogy, is it? Hmm. Major deja vu here. Almost exactly ten years on, technologically pioneering, perfect mix of action and emotion, profound message, a society that thinks it's independent but is actually being watched and manipulated 24/7, a whitecollar hacker who realizes he's actually The One and destined to save humanity from being biological batteries for the M.... wait, is that last one in Avatar? Oh, never mind, I'm sure the two sequels will be brilliant.

I just watched "The Invention of Lying" on DVD. It's very interesting and cleverly done. My favorite part is the bus-side advertisement - "Pepsi: When they're out of Coke". It's funny because it's true :tongue:

Wyvern I recorded onto my DVR a few weeks ago and didn't get around to seeing it till today. It was excellent for a direct-to-TV movie the characters were great 9/10, the plot was decent 7/10 and the special effects were ok on the monster but the explosion at the end looked cheesy enough to eat. Overall 8/10. If it pops up on tv sometime you should check it out.

Avatar (In 3D): Great movie, Interesting plot (Although predictable), Great CGI.

3:10 To Yuma: I don't normally watch Western films, Although I enjoy them Sci-Fi & Action generally get my first preference, This movie however is great, Great story, good amount of action, Great acting + The ending is interesting.

I watched From Paris With Love over the weekend. It was an entertaining action movie. This is not a movie you should go into expecting a deep plot. It is an excuse for Travolta to run around shooting people and cracking the occasional joke. In that respect, I believe it was a success. It never really felt dull. The action and language are pretty firmly in the R rated column.

I also watched Silverado on AMC. I was never a huge Western fan but they are starting to grow on me. I thought this one was pretty with good with quite a cast including Scott Glenn, Kevin Costner, Kevin Kline, Danny Glover, Jeff Goldblum, Brian Dennehy, and John Cleese. Actually, if you've watched a lot of movies, particularly some from the 80s, you would probably recognise just about everyone who has a speaking part in this movie. It literally starts with a bang.

I also watched Saw 6. If you liked 1-5, you'll like this one. If you're squeemish, well if you are you probably didn't watch the other 5.