Sign in to follow this  
Tobbe Arnesson

Welcome back, me!

Hi all!

My name is Tobbe Arnesson (who could guess?).

:everybody: Hi Tobbe!

Well, thank you!

So, the who, the why and so forth... I'm from Sweden, born 1978 and put the bricks to rest shortly after receiving the 8830 Rally 6-Wheeler. So in the early 90ies, guess girls and mopeds got in the way. Before that I dwelled mostly in Technic and before that City.

I had a short hit of nostalgia and built most of my sets, tried to capture some cool action video with my then new Hi8 cam but that never amount to anything. This might have been around '97 or so.

In '99 a friend got all excited about the 9747 Robotics Inventions System and he did not need to waste many words on me before I bought it, actually before he did. The concept was so cool! Make your LEGO creations move around the room!

In the end it turned out I preferred slapping bricks together in stead of programming code, I got enough computer exposure at work. So to say.

But I still wanted to drive my creations around, so I took out ye ol' remote control stuff from model airplanes. And it was alive!

I hung out a lot on LUGNET, arranged a few AFOL meetings in Sweden and attended others. After a while I lost interest in the bricks, LUGNET was all bad energy due to the color change, too much self pressure to document and sort and to little play. When I had to move to a smaller apartment the bricks went into storage.

From time to time I peeked on what stirs in the AFOL community and autumn 2009 I found a meeting less then an hour from home, went and found lot's of new Swedish AFOLs and a bunch of the old ones. Bought a house with lot's of room and the 8258. I still have not moved to the new house but I've already bought quite a few used sets (most of the cool Technic sets that came and went while I was in hibernation) and are now eager to get building again!

Not to mention how much I want the soon to come 8043 Motorized Excavator with all those remote control thingies! Might have to pick up the 8275 Motorized Bulldozer too (if it's still collecting dust at my local store)!

LUGNET is quite dead and I got word that the Technic crowd has moved here, so here I am!

I've already spent quite some time in the Technic group before I went to the other subforums here, after this I'll head over to Space and see what's up. Quite fond of ships and mechs too...

Oh, and if other Swedish AFOL's see this and have not yet found SweBrick - make sure to take a look!

I'm passionate about biking, mostly MTB but really everything from full on DH to road. Recently "found" kayaking and that will also steal lot's of time from the bricks. I'm drawn to both white water and sea, like bikes but on water. :D Also very fond of the endorphin kicks when lifting weights. Don't get me wrong though, I've got a belly and put more focus on the cakes in the back pack than on my heart rate. Also I'm quite the beer geek, favorites include Arrogant Bastard and Rochefort 10.

My old and upcoming work is here: http://lotekbricks.blogspot.com/

Lek Godt!

Edited by Tobbe Arnesson

Hi Tobbe and a warm welcome to EB!

That was a super great presentation you made. Best one I read in a long time (don´t come here so often though).

I thought you had been here some time already :wacko:

I just like the video you made at the Swebrick Event last fall.

Hope to meet you IRL again soon in the future. See you around these boards, and on our Swedish one as well.

I thought you had been here some time already :wacko:

Nah. I knew the place existed back in the day but I was already quite attached to LUGNET and could not see the point of following two forums.

I just like the video you made at the Swebrick Event last fall.

Thanks. If anybody else is interested it's here: http://vimeo.com/7539827