Sign in to follow this  
Fires-storm

A WIP American Schooner of the line*odd, I know* the U.S.S Charger

Yup, I'm using bricklink and a seller with like 22,000 praise reviews......but yeah, I sent an email and they switched it back to processing, which is still kinda stupid because I sent them payment week before last!!! Ah well, heres hopin it gets here next week.

I and my seller shall have a little "Word" about it.

Sounds like an awesome keelhaul event! :pir-sweet:

I hope you will solve the problems with the orders soon so you can get back to building. Your reference material looks very nice to me.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

It has a length of a cutter, and height of a battleship. my first MOC cutter is WAY smaller then that.Please post other pictures how it's doing.

My order supposedly shipped out on Friday, so if its not here by Wednesday its time for a keelhaul party! But hopefully it will be here, because keelhauling is entirely to much work :pir-wink: But new pictures to come soon! if my computer doesn't die by then...god-accursed windows bandits.

My order supposedly shipped out on Friday, so if its not here by Wednesday its time for a keelhaul party! But hopefully it will be here, because keelhauling is entirely to much work :pir-wink: But new pictures to come soon! if my computer doesn't die by then...god-accursed windows bandits.

I find it good to Restore your computer to an earlier time. You might lose a file or two, but you'll be rid of all viruses, etc. and you don't have to spend $360 a year for software...

Also, was it expected to within 3-5 business days? Cause it will probably take another day or two.

:pir_yoda:

I find it good to Restore your computer to an earlier time. You might lose a file or two, but you'll be rid of all viruses, etc. and you don't have to spend $360 a year for software...

Also, was it expected to within 3-5 business days? Cause it will probably take another day or two.

Only problem with restoring it is that since its a beta test software it will just expire repeatedly, so I HAVE to buy the new software>.< Leeches. And also, it is 3-5 day, but it shipped on friday, saturday counts as a delivery day, so thats two, so at latest it should hit wednesday! So hopefully new pictures then, if theres a comp to do em on.

you guys are probably ready to keelhaul me with how long this took, but as soon as the sails are set an update should be up tommorow! :pir_laugh2:

you guys are probably ready to keelhaul me with how long this took, but as soon as the sails are set an update should be up tommorow! :pir_laugh2:

We're not going to keelhaul you.......................yet.

saturday counts as a delivery day,

depends what country you bought it from...

I know this has been a long time comming mates, but finally I have some note worthy updates to show you all! With just a few more mods to the bow, and the rigging and top marconi sails going on, this ship will be done in just one more update! (except for cannons, those come later^^")

The masts in construction and the main sails being put on

OMKDLOKLDM.jpg

5X6KT2QJQ3.jpg

And of the entire thing with all main sails, and the start of the marconi topsails:

3VG2VIDB22.jpg

(and yes, to show size that IS the full sized model at-at by the ship :pir-tongue: )

RDV2PKQJ42.jpg

CWC0XJAIV8.jpg

F3SF65BX2D.jpg

There the beauty is in a nutshell for now, more updates to come, hopefully by end of march! depends how I'm feeling by then, as I built most of this with a 102 degree fever :pir_bawling: I hate sickness. Hope you all enjoy her!

It looks very great with the sails! I have a book with a picture of the 'Transit' which was a very revolutionary designed ship at the time (1800) and it looks very similar to your ship.

Strange thing is that it had square 'latin' sails on top of the ones you've put on your ship.

Anyway, nice ship and a very original design (like I believe I said before :pir-classic: )

It looks very great with the sails! I have a book with a picture of the 'Transit' which was a very revolutionary designed ship at the time (1800) and it looks very similar to your ship.

Strange thing is that it had square 'latin' sails on top of the ones you've put on your ship.

Anyway, nice ship and a very original design (like I believe I said before :pir-classic: )

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it, and the Transit? I'm going to have to look her up then to see that rigging :pir-classic:

If I may I'd like to offer a few suggestions. Everything before the current update looks great!

But,

1. You might want to move the base of the bowsprite back a few studs.

2. You'll probably agree with me on this, but the headrails seem a little awkward, you'll want to look into fixing that.

3. Here is a page on how to do gaff rigging.

The originality is my favorite part. Hope these suggestions help. (got any pics of what the carronades might look like?)

If I may I'd like to offer a few suggestions. Everything before the current update looks great!

But,

1. You might want to move the base of the bowsprite back a few studs.

2. You'll probably agree with me on this, but the headrails seem a little awkward, you'll want to look into fixing that.

3. Here is a page on how to do gaff rigging.

The originality is my favorite part. Hope these suggestions help. (got any pics of what the carronades might look like?)

Lol, I agree with you on all things portaining to the bow mate, it was pretty much slap together slap together 'cept for the bottom and platform. But yeah the bowsprite IS gonna move back, and the headrails are gonna be ALOT better in the final version^^ also thanks for the page!

A slight update mates, instead of going with the original five masts, because I thought it looked to cramped I'm cutting down to four, as such updates are going to take a bit, may even be after the month is over, but I'll go as fast as I can^^"

Looking better than before although I think the prow could use some sprucing up. Maybe fill in the gaps and make it more streamlined.

That thing looks like it cost lots of Imperial Flagships (10210) to build! How are you not broke? :pir-oh3:

It actually cost me around $170 USD to build it, and I ordered all the pieces in two goes, so it wasn't really that bad :pir_laugh2: and now because I removed one of the masts, I had enough to build the Flame Rat, so I'm going to keep it at 4 because it looks WAY less clustered that way^^ and yeah the prow will have I think black spindle rails like the stern and it will come out probably another masts length, and once I get the Marconi and Spritsails, think thats what they're called, on I'll do the hand rigging. So yeah, A LOT of work left before the final update, but I'm glad you enjoy it! *Should probably be done by end of april at latest, I dearly hope*

Sounds like you ought to be done with construction by the end of this month!

You might try and have solid wall "railings" on the bow, like on THIS ship, and maybe lower the bow a bit.

Any Ideas on what to use for the figure head?

Edit: I just realised you cant lower the bow :imperialguard_commander1:

Edited by the_green_avenger

I COULD lower the bow...*glances at chisel* but I haven't crossed the line to complete insanity yet :pir-tongue: And I'm thinking maybe a black figurehead in armor with a spear or something, not sure yet^^" And also, I'm probably going to end up going with solid wall, or at least spindles like on the stern to give it a more angled and war like look rather then artsy :pir-classic:

I COULD lower the bow...*glances at chisel* but I haven't crossed the line to complete insanity yet :pir-tongue: And I'm thinking maybe a black figurehead in armor with a spear or something, not sure yet^^" And also, I'm probably going to end up going with solid wall, or at least spindles like on the stern to give it a more angled and war like look rather then artsy :pir-classic:

Good to know your still sane! :pir-tongue:

That particular figurehead sounds familiar... :pir-classic:

What's with this: ^^? You do it in a lot of posts...

It's a tough decision between solid wall, and spindles. :pir_wacko: though i'm a bit more on the solid wall side.

Lol, I like spindles because they were used on a bunch of ships, but solid walls good too...in the end I'll have to try em both and see. and the ^^ emote is left over from my I.M days, two arrows being joy and ^^" being something akin to sheepishness or some such :pir-tongue:

Hey all, a bit of a verbal update for you, I finished the solid front mod for the bow, and extended the front slightly, pretty pleased with how it looks for now, soon the final pics should be up once I finish the marconi sails today and start rigging tomorrow.

It is beaty alredy man, and when you take 1 mast off thats a smart choose, i thinked a t5 mast would be too much you are doing great, can wait to see it finished

Captain becker