Ich will

Keine Lust

Mein Teil

Mutter

Rammstein

Rosenrot

Not all at once, But eventually, 1 after the other :tongue:

Bleed it out-Linkin Park

And some other songs from Minutes to Midnight.

Some people may hate me for this, but I prefer that album over all other.

Weirdly enough, there IS no such thread to be seen anywhere around here... And I do believe that as much as we enjoy F1, sports, etc., we're all fans of some band or singer... Share your tastes and dislikes here!

To start it off, let me set the topic to Depeche Mode vs U2 - 2009 edition... Clash of the titans?

Seeing as Blur don't look like they will be recording a new album to show Oasis how it's done, I firmly believe that this year's top band clash is between U2's long-anticipated No Line on the Horizon and Depeche Mode's "deep undercover" Sounds of the Universe... What do you think of those two albums, have you checked them out?

I've been following both bands closely and own a full discography of both, so I guess I have some reasonable background in terms of U2 and Depeche "fandom" :pir-wink: And to my surprise, U2 have all but failed to deliver... I've only listened to their new album three times before I got really bored with it, and haven't played it since. Nice drums, catchy rhythm, but that was pretty much all there was for me. Enter the same old prolongued bits, garnished with lyrics which this time around sound pretty cheesy and/or confusing (who could have expected THAT from U2?) and there you have it - the reason why NLotH has been collecting dust on the shelf for the past few weeks...

The amount of dust has definitely grown owing to the fact that I've been blowing it out of my speakers lately... using nothing else but Depeche's latest effort. I have to say, to me Playing the Angel (2006) was one of their best works ever and it had reached a level which could hardly be sustained, especially after a three-years' break from recording. Obviously, that has not been much of a problem for Depeche - their sound and tunes are once again inventive and deep yet amazingly catchy... And to me, it's definitely a win for the Essex boys this year.

They're visiting Bulgaria in a few weeks for their second gig here (their first/last one was during the Touring the Angel tour and obviously they liked it here ;) ) Since I missed that other one, I'm gearing up for my first Depeche live and a whooole lotta fun :) U2 are once again going 360 round Europe, but making no stop in Bulgaria. :sceptic:

What about you guys, are you going to any gigs of these two bands; what do you think of their new albums...?

I dont exactly know what you mean but, Theres a thread about Music here <-----

Yeah, thanks. However, the post-two-words "Which mp3 have you just found in the depths of your HDD?" & derivative kinds of threads do not really match my idea of a "meaningful" music discussion.

P.S.: Anyway, if a mod sees this thread as being redundant, please take care of it in a way you find appropriate.

Edited by TheOtters

I think there's room for one more thread about music on this forum, seeing how the thread Joey Lock is referring to is about what you're listening to right now, and that this one is for discussing it.

I'm a very open-minded person. At least I try to be, and like to consider myself one. Because of that I listen to all sorts of music, from all over the world, but I do have a favourite genre, and that would be rock. And in that genre, I have one thing that I do not have in any of the other genres, a favourite performer, or rather, a favourite band.

That band would be Poets of the Fall. They're a finnish band, and I stumbled across their music when I found a Kim Possible tribute video. The song in that video was "Locking up the sun", and I was immediatly entranced by it. I can't point out exactly why; it could be the composition, it could be the message in the song, it could be that I just find it highly enjoyable to listen to.

What I do know, is that it led me to the other songs, such as

, Sleep and other songs that the band have made. And it led me to buy their (at the time) two albums, and the third when it was released. And that before listening to it, even!

I just think they rock! Anybody else here experienced something like this when they randomly stumbled across a song?

The new Bob Dylan. Not sure what to think - its a bit strange.... :sceptic: but he's still a great poet - like Neil Young! :thumbup:

I have merged the Otters topic into this thread.

As for my choices.

Little Birdy - Six months in a leaky boat

Black Keys - Strange times

and

The Dead Weather - Hang you from the heavens

Are my choices at the moment :thumbup:

Recently I just listen to Blind Guardian/the pillows and Fatals Picards music, I don't know why.. maybe Just because I want to^^

Rammstein - Sonne

My god, this music is so pumped full of testosterone! :tongue:

Hellz Yeah!

Just over one hour from now on, the Eurovision Song Contest.

Thanks for the warning! I'll make sure I don't turn on the TV :tongue:

Random tracks by Yoko Kanno. I love her arrangements, they can be stirring, inspiring, relaxing and thought provoking all in one.

(it helps that she worked on three of my all time favourite anime too).