gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

I can't see I've looked at that website gallery too much as those contorted computer-generated figs annoy me :wink: And the colours are a bit weird too.

There are two Ginnies in the catalogue - one civilian, one in uniform - does that explain it?

post-1768-127858157373.jpg

Not really, because by that logic there should also be more Harry's, another Ron and another Hermione.

I can't see I've looked at that website gallery too much as those contorted computer-generated figs annoy me :wink: And the colours are a bit weird too.

:laugh: They look cute.

Not really, because by that logic there should also be more Harry's, another Ron and another Hermione.

I believe I just said that. :wink:

'why is Lucius Malfoy no there at all?'

I checked with an real HP expert.....my son......next to Dumbledore is Lucius Malfoy !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

picFB5713479D0391DB7C861B4A49FFAF69.png

What a brilliant minifig! :classic: It looks a lot like Bonnie Wright, which is awesome. Also, loving the hairpiece. :thumbup:

post-1768-127858157373.jpg

Must. Have. :sing::blush:

I checked with an real HP expert.....my son......next to Dumbledore is Lucius Malfoy !

I was meaning on that picture Svelte posted, and that's definitely Argus Filch. :classic:

Sorry, lightningtiger's cub. :grin:

picFB5713479D0391DB7C861B4A49FFAF69.png

I don't like the fig. I don't like the way it's shown on the site above. BUT! It is obviously the case when the fig in reality is much better than computer generated. ) :classic:

The best thing about the fig is the hairpiece. How great it will be for any other theme, starting with Batman and to Castle! :classic: The face is also good and looks like Ginny from the movie, and at the same time it's generic enough to be used elsewhere.

The torso is nothing special. I don't really like those casual cloth torsos, since I do not use them much. I usually make some generic Gotham citizens of those. The legs are much more interesting, however again limited to themes like Batman and City. Perhaps modding will make them more useful. :classic:

Generally I like the fig, but in my collection Ginny will be wearing a proper Hogwarts uniform. Students should follow rules and required dress-code.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I'll think you'll find thats Flitch ;).

Edit: Beaten to it! I didn't realise a new page had started.

Edited by SuperChris

Generally I like the fig, but in my collection Ginny will be wearing a proper Hogwarts uniform. Students should follow rules and required dress-code.

But that fig is from the Burrows set. Why would she wear the school uniform in her own home? Besides, the other Ginny-fig that comes in the Hogwarts Express is wearing the uniform.

But that fig is from the Burrows set. Why would she wear the school uniform in her own home? Besides, the other Ginny-fig that comes in the Hogwarts Express is wearing the uniform.

Yes, but I said that she'll be wearing the uniform "in my collection". I do not intend to keep the Burrows set assembled. My Hogwarts collection has only Hogwarts buildings and scenery. No Hogsmeade, Private drive or any other places not related directly to the Castle.

What I'm trying to say is that I will have my Hogwarts students wear uniforms in school, since I don't appreciate them wearing casual outfit. Perhaps, I was indeed not very clear here, my lady. :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen. ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Ah, so much LEGO HP goodness has been unveiled in the last few days. Great thanks for the catalog pictures! It's interesting that they still show the 07 trio in the catalog art, since they're no longer current. It's a shame, since the 07 face prints on the trio (and Malfoy) look much better, in my opinion, at least for the characters in books 4 through 7.

As has been said, the new Harry head print does not look right in the Burrow at all. Not only does he look to young to be fighting Bellatrix and Fenrir, but he also looks far too young next to his girlfriend, Ginny. The new Ginny fig is really spectacular, and she looks a perfect old-enough age, making that young Harry even more silly in the Burrow. Harry also looks too young to be fighting Voldemort in the Castle,but I suppose his grumpy face is a little older looking than the new smile. Still, for some scenes I'll definitely be swapping in the more mature Harry face from the GoF and OotP sets.

It is very nice that so many characters have double-sided heads. Though the smiley sides look a little too young for the trio and Draco, it's great that they also have grumpy/displeased sides. For Ginny as well, the grumpy side is very nice. It's great to see that LEGO is realizing that unhappy faces are a great addition to the world of minifgures, both in licensed themes with fleshies and in non-licensed with yellows.

Drum roll please:

pic918AFAF41B4901EC4EE35C401A100348.png

Nice MF

His face looks oddly stretched. :laugh:

does anyone know of a place that sell sets from CoS and Ss (Ps)

Amazon marketplace has most of them, but they are very expensive! Same story for eBay, but you didn't need me to tell you that...

Amazon marketplace has most of them, but they are very expensive! Same story for eBay, but you didn't need me to tell you that...

It's funny, up until even a year and a half or two years ago you were still able to come by a lot of the older sets quite cheaply... but the well seems to have run dry. (I picked up a few of the 2004 releases for about what their retail price was not so long ago - amazing considering 5 years have passed in the meantime.)

About the only thing you can get for reasonable prices MISB is the Durmstrang set from 2005.

Used is a different story, though.

weren't the Slytherins suppose to have green and white capes? the ones on the minifigs are just green!

Haven't posted in quite some while (finally got the power supply in my computer replaced). Might as well comment on the teaser site's images of the minifigures.

-Harry Potter- Hard not to like this minifigure. Nice to see them showing off the angry face. Adding that piece to the broom is a nice touch. Still think he could use a new hair piece. Oh, and that definitely isn't the 4841 set's Harry minifigure (looks like the one from the castle set).

-Rubeus Hagrid- Looks really good. Might just be me, but the brown of his clothes looks a little darker. Nice face printing, though part of me is hoping he has a double sided head (would be nice to have a happy Hagrid).

-Ron Weasley- Looks good. Hair piece fits him perfectly. Too bad this one wasn't coming in the Burrow set.

-Hermione Granger- Not bad. Definitely Hermione. Though she's another character I wish had a double-sided head.

-Lucious Malfoy- Really good minifigure. The expression on his face, look of his outfit, and the hairpiece all suits him. Only thing I would add is a piece similar to that on Harry's broom, to represent the snake head on his wand/cane.

-Dementor- Nice figure here too. I really like the updated cloak, and the gray plastic is better looking than I thought it would be. Only thing I don't like is the arms. They're just way too robotic to work for this, imho.

-Minerva McGonagall- Once again, a nice figure. The outfit and expression fit her perfectly. Too bad there isn't a witches had with a feather sticking out of it.

-Albus Dumbledore- Nice mixture of the old and new here. The beard and hair will, as far as I can tell, be closer to a light gray/white-ish color for the production version. Not sure why they're this dark gray here. From what I can see the printing is really nice. Nice to see some more variation to the wand colors.

-Dobby- Looks good. Probably the best update to this guy is the eyes. They don't look creepy anymore.

-Marcus Flint- Looks good, though I can't remember what he's supposed to look like, so I'm not sure if it's at all accurate, lol.

-Draco Malfoy- Nice update for Harry's rival. The new hair piece suits him perfectly. Too bad the only other Draco minifigure in this series comes in the train set.

-Oliver Wood- Looks good. Kinda generic like Flint is, but overall a good minifigure. The only thing I remember all that well of the character is his accent, lol.

-Ginny Weasley- Really good minifigure. The new hair piece works really well, and the printing is good.

Out of all the one's shown on the site so far, the one I'm looking forward to the most is Dumbledore. Should go nicely with the custom Aberforth I'm working on. Out of all the minifigures from the sets, the one I'm looking forward to the most is a close tie between Voldemort and Bellatrix.

weren't the Slytherins suppose to have green and white capes? the ones on the minifigs are just green!

The prototype figures had them (as did Voldemort). Differences were inevitable. Personally I like that the capes/cloaks are entirely green. Though if it was up to me, I would have added printing to the back of them (the player numbers).