F.Mulder

Best Mechanics in a SW set

I'm going to say the flick fire on the republic shuttle. I'm in love with rapid fire flick fire missles... that fire. :tongue:

Personally, I love the V-19 torrent wings.

Then, although I don't own them, I believe the motorised AT-AT and the LAAT/C are next.

CW sets have a head start in this competition, since they came out in the last years. And TLC just discovered to use nice mechanics a few years ago, with a few exceptions (4502). I am sure we'll see some OT and PT sets with funny mechanics in the next years. Nice topic by the way!

My vote goes to the CW LAAT/i - I can play with those bay doors for hours, load and unload troops and stuff. Even if I prefer OT, I have to admit that this is the best SW set to play with!

I think the V19's method of moving the tail, through a reducing gear to unfold the wings, combined with moving the landing gear is great. Using the "shocks" to slow the movement its a great extra touch. OTOH now that i look at it, that 7659 Imperial Landing Craft is just as cool.

Edited by gotoAndLego

The V-19 sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wins. Landing gear to come out when the wings move? GENIUS :cry_happy: !!

Edited by Generation85

I completely disagree! :tongue: I loved the model (so much I got a second) but the way they join is lame. For one it's wrong, two it's picky, but most of all it should have a trigger drop. Now that would have been cool... and I want to make it! :grin:

I love this SW set :wub: It is definatley on my top 5 list of SW sets. And the fact that when the AT-TE was out and everybody was wondering about the strange "handle" that suddenly got another meaning when the Laat/c was released. So clever of the LEGO designers.

I do wish that there also was a way to release it ones it is "hooked on". If you find a solution before me or someone else Siegfreid, make an instruction please and I will love you forever :wink:

I think we have a winner. I was going to go for the V-19 wings, but I think those bombs are better. It's a pure smarty-pants design that needs no special parts but works wonderfully. :wub:

Hate flick missiles (fun for the kids I can imagine) and always remove them, but the Attack Shuttle is a winner for sure!

My favourite is most certainly the motorized AT-AT. The mechanism does what it's supposed too, although not too well. However I think with a more powerful motor this would be perfect.

I also think the mechanism found in countless X-wings and the ARC fighters is great. It's been used so many times and is pretty good lego wise.

I would have to say that my favorite mechanism is the wing opening mechanism on the latest X-Wing. Sure, it's simple, but it does exactly what it's supposed to do, and does it relatively well.

Another nominee would be the V-19 wing mechanism, but since its inclusion is probably what caused that set to be so unreasonably big, it wasn't my top pick.