Sign in to follow this  
Millacol88

Custom Painted Clone Trooper

Inspired by VBBN, I decided to paint a clone trooper today. This is my first real custom, so be gentle.

Front View:

4230846721_9b2db61ba6_o.jpg

Angled View:

4231613744_ae4bb2af37_o.jpg

4230846833_c436a15606_o.jpg

Back View:

4230846881_981146a61e_o.jpg

With a Custom Gun:

4231613918_089d33bcbc_o.jpg

Painted with Testors Enamel. C&C welcome!

Looking good.

I see a bit of overspray on the helmet, but nothign that couldn't be touched up or cleaned up.

:thumbup:

Very nice!

I like him. He actually looks like he could be one of Gree's men from the Clone Wars.

By the way is that a type of airbrush or did you brush paint it?

Anyways great job and can't wait to see more.

The green visor is perfect. :thumbup: The fin need's a little cleaning Other then that it's a great custom clone after all it's your first try. :sweet:

~Clone Killer

Thanks guys. :sweet:

Yes, I'm planning on scraping off the paint that managed to get off the fin. I'm thinking what happened is I layered the paint on to thick, and then it started dripping onto the rest of the helmet.

I just used some cheapo testors brushes, I'm too cheap for an airbrush.

This actually didn't take too long at all. I had the paint and brushes sitting around left over from a plastic model I built. :classic:

:blush:

Looks good! And don't worry, I always use brushes. An easy way to avoid that bit of spattered paint on top is t use masking tape or blue painters tape. Just kinda stick it to your cloths a bit to make it less sticky, then use it to cover any areas you don't want painted. I plan on making a tutorial on minifig customization in terms of painting and sculpting later today when I go down to my workstation. :]

Here's an idea.

What if you tape the base of the fin off. That way there's no paint mark's. :wink:

I tried masking the area beside the fin, but some of it still seeped through. :sceptic: I'll see if I can touch it up a bit more. I was thinking that a little turpentine or varsol on a q-tip would get the extra paint off, but I'm worried it will discolour the white plastic. Anyone know if this is true?

Great job Millacol88. :thumbup::wub:

The colour is a nice choice, very Kashyyk'ish. :thumbup:

When I have sharpied clones, I put down quite alot of normal sticky tape. But the sharpie seemed to seep through. Maybe you could try that but add small bits of paper to strengthen it.

Hopefully you find something that works. :sweet: And VBBN, a tutorial would be very appreciated! :cry_happy:

CommanderFox

It's flawless! :cry_happy: Are the arms painted? If so, even better! The visor is perfect, though I think maybe it could use a little more customizing, like on the armor.

Great first try. :thumbup: