How do you rate this set?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Awesome, thanks so much for the clarification, no_skill and Pellaeon!

I think I'm just going to leave it with four cannons. If they see the enemy coming, they can roll the cannons over to the side the enemy will be on... sort of...

No, they aren't too hard to find. The cannons used on the Imperial Flagship are the same ones used on the brickbeards bounty and the really small cannon attack set. Only on the cannon attack set you will need to get some different wheels. Bricklink.com should have all of the parts you will need at an affordable price. Hope that his helps. :pir-classic:

Thanks Bengun! I appreciate it. :pir-blush: I'll look for those and the wheels you mentioned to swap out.

You'll also need the narrow axle-plates, not the ones in Cannon Battle with a simulated leaf-spring suspension.

Best thing that could be done for this ship's bow: partial redesign, just as with Brickbeard's Bounty (pix someday, I promise!). I'm planning to reverse the galley and brig positions, then knock out some of the SNOT curve-slopes to make room for a pair of bow chasers with a new partial-deck around the new guns. (Wouldn't do to have cannons near the prisoners, now would it? LOL)

Along with an assortment of Advent Calendar and Brickmaster Book-inspired small deck-guns, which BB's getting too...

Built my set yesterday and it is really awesome.

However there is one small flaw with the openings for the canons, those are to high (and not rectangular shaped).

As a result the cannons point always upwards and it looks a bit weird.

On the other ships, the opening starts a 2/3 brick height over the hull element, but on this one it is 1 + 1/3 brick height.

Christian

Built my set yesterday and it is really awesome.

However there is one small flaw with the openings for the canons, those are to high (and not rectangular shaped).

As a result the cannons point always upwards and it looks a bit weird.

On the other ships, the opening starts a 2/3 brick height over the hull element, but on this one it is 1 + 1/3 brick height.

Christian

I agree with you on the cannons not being level but, you could just remove the grate at the bottom of each gun port in order to help level the cannons. You could also put plates on that deck in order to raise it and then the cannons would be level. As far as using arches for the gun ports is concerned I like it. I do believe some of the older 17th century Man of Wars did have this and they looked just beautiful. :pir-classic:

Down = hole the enemy below the water line, so they sink faster.

Up might have been useful for chainshot as ships closed for battle, but once you're in the thick of things level (or down a bit) is the way to go, I believe. Though some of the "up or down" issue would be taken care of by timing the shots with the ship's roll.

Christian

Just built my ship over the weekend and I had the same thought. I am also not wild about the railings on the ship (the 1x3 arch bricks) seem a little to simple for the magnificent ship.

There are probably no more words of praise left in the English language to describe this ship, that haven't been used already anyway, so I'll just say that I cannot wait to obtain this particular set. :pir-wub: Even though I already read this review back in November before joining EB, I had to say thank you on here Svelte, this fantastically detailed review of yours has kept me salivating for weeks on end. :pir-classic: That tax return money cannot come soon enough. :pir-cry_sad:

I got this back on Jan 1st and promptly began putting it together.

Now I never bought into the notion of <insert that tiresome argument> sets, it was just a LEGO decision to use some bigger elements, whatever. But IF juniorization was a real phenomena this set is the complete antithesis of it and could even be considered seniorification because it is almost entirely small piece making for a long and exciting build. There are so many small pieces in this set. I am 33 years old and have been building LEGO most of that time and this set took me about 4 hours to build and that is with a break half-way through.

It is the most amazing set I have ever had. It is a great build and a beautiful model. Everyone needs to pick this one up.

I did not have the same bow issues he mentions in his review and mine seems to be quite sturdy.

But seriously, go buy it now.

Imperials?

Upper Hand?

bah, all this is to the pirates is a prize to be won.

I'm really seriously looking into buying this set. It and the Renegade Runner are my two grail ships.

I never got a Barracuda, being the middle of three brothers, I never much got a lot of big sets. A big set to me was something like the Forestmans Hideout, or Cannon Cove.

yeah, it was like that.

but still, I was happy with what I had, and never really missed not having any of the big ships......until now.

I always wanted the Renegade Runner, I just never had the chance to own one as a kid, and have coveted it ever since. It is still really affordable, so I'm looking forward to one day adding it to my collection.

this guy though, not really affordable to me (that's not to say I can't afford it, that's just to say it's gonna be hard to JUSTIFY the price to myself).

Edited by Mister Blisterfists

this guy though, not really affordable to me (that's not to say I can't afford it, that's just to say it's gonna be hard to JUSTIFY the price to myself).

Well I would suggest that you start justifying the price because it is going to only get harder to justify in the near future when these big bad boys sell out. As for the quality of the parts and design they are second to none. Oh, this ship would also blow the renagade runner out of the water so you might want to get a different pirate ship to battle the Imperial Flagship. :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

Actually, both RR and IF are very plausible, near-scale models of what they represent--a typical large man-o'-war was about the same size as IF at 1 stud=1', and your average pirate "ship" was typically a little 1-mast sloop, small, fast and maneuverable.

Now we need smaller warships to go between 'em and merchies... BB approximating a medium to large merchie in size.

----------------

Now playing: John Williams - The Battle Of Endor I

via FoxyTunes

I hope at this will come soon for my country shops too, havent see it yet anywhere and i really want one of these or 5 maby :pir_laugh2:

I hope at this will come soon for my country shops too, havent see it yet anywhere and i really want one of these or 5 maby :pir_laugh2:

It's a S@H and Lego Store exclusive. So you (likely) won't find it in regular toy shops.

It's a S@H and Lego Store exclusive. So you (likely) won't find it in regular toy shops.

So i have to buy mine in internet?

So i have to buy mine in internet?

I'm from Singapore. I got mine from Ebay as this ship will only be officially launch here in local in April. The seller only ship within U.S, so have to troubled my friend. What I did was bid for the ship n gave the seller my friend's address who is staying in the U.S and once my friend got it, he will send it to me in Sinagpore thru Fedex.

I'm from Singapore. I got mine from Ebay as this ship will only be officially launch here in local in April. The seller only ship within U.S, so have to troubled my friend. What I did was bid for the ship n gave the seller my friend's address who is staying in the U.S and once my friend got it, he will send it to me in Sinagpore thru Fedex.

Now there is a way to get around you none-international US seller problem. Good luck with your ship. Hope you enjoy. :pir-classic:

Now there is a way to get around you none-international US seller problem. Good luck with your ship. Hope you enjoy. :pir-classic:

I do not wish to trouble my friend all the time by using his address to receive the items which he'll resend them to me thru Fedex.

By the way, I paid US $40+ for the shipping of 10210 (it weights 8 LB) from US to Singapore. It reached me within a week. Is it consider expensive/cheap, and fast/slow?

Well I would suggest that you start justifying the price because it is going to only get harder to justify in the near future when these big bad boys sell out. As for the quality of the parts and design they are second to none. Oh, this ship would also blow the renagade runner out of the water so you might want to get a different pirate ship to battle the Imperial Flagship. :pir-classic:

oh, it's got nothing to do with that, I'm buying one as soon as I can, but it's still hard to justify it.

save for the fact that I'll own the biggest ship Lego has ever produced.

and it's got nothing to do with blowing anything out of the water......the Renegade Runner is all about speed, the Flagship is all about power.

and the fact is, I have no intent to let the Imperials keep this. It is Captain Redbeard's prize.

Any chance to get this set in Paris, France ? I've heard some of the exclusives are available there...

Mine arrived today, woooo!!! Already built it, set it up next to the Brickbeard's Bounty.

There are a couple of weak points - for example, the roof of the captain's cabin isn't held in place, but that's easily fixed. Everything else is absolutely beautiful. The masts are much better than on the BB.

The sad thing is, I'm never going to be this excited over a Lego set again. What could beat a 1664 piece sailing ship? I really don't know. :pir_bawling:

I'm itching to get myself one of these - I'm watching an auction like crazy, hoping that i won't have to wait 'til April 15th. XD

I've been thinking about ways to reinforce the prow - does anybody else have any ideas?