It looks way more better than the Fire Brigade. I tried to like the FB but ending up not bying it cuz it just couldn't compete with CC and GG. :sceptic:

I think I'm buying this. I don't get the same wow-factor as with CC. But it's certainly one step in the right direction.

This building will look great as a skyskraper, for you lucky one can afford several units. :classic:

Edited by Ferdik

Thanks for the new pic, Legoliner! Some details are clearer, even at the smaller size, and the colour scheme looks a little smoother. Now if we only had the large pic at the same quality as the small one! :sing::laugh:

This building will look great as a skyskraper, for you lucky one can afford several units. :classic:

I think one of the advantages of the more basic palette (tan logs and arches, bley inverse slopes) is that it will be much, MUCH easier to build middle floors from parts, at least a reasonable looking exterior anyway. (In comparison, prices for sand green bricks are still quite high on Bricklink, even 2 years later). Dark green windows will be the limiting factor but you could probably mix it up with black ones anyway.

I bet that we will get high-res pictures (like the ones we got from the flagship, the mmv set and so on) already in the next days with that new, smaller but "clearer" picture now beeing available..i don't know but i just feel that somtime in the next days when i enter the board i will be surprised with good pictures of it :tongue:

Wow, thanks Er!k for the huge pic and Legoliner Pilot for the small "official" pic!

It looks amazing, but yet another huge set that I cannot afford. :cry_sad:

I love the tiny details like the billboard, mailbox, ice cream stand, and window washing platform. :wub:

It looks to have a great amount of minfigs, too - there's five plus some mannequins!

Also, Svelte's creation looks oddly similar to this (I say it that was because the design on this set was probably begun about 1-2 years ago). :look:

I just recognized i forgot to say that i love the look of this set :tongue: It's great, as all other CC style sets so far. Looking forward to see some interior details and so on. Just too bad i won't be able to get this within the next 5 years because i still have to get the flagship and all other CC buildings first :laugh:

New picture:

image001.jpg

Wow, another great find! Thanks, But now you got some explaining to do! :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the new pic, Legoliner! Some details are clearer, even at the smaller size, and the colour scheme looks a little smoother. Now if we only had the large pic at the same quality as the small one! :sing::laugh:

Haha, that was the picture I was hiding! :grin: I couldn't reveal it until now.

Seriously though, there looks to be an escalator inside! :cry_happy:

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

:thumbup: Wow! I love it. Exactly what I was envisioning only with even more details. I look forward to seeing what the interior looks like. Just wait, I hear something. Oh that's my wallet screaming for mercy. :laugh: Thanks for the pics.

Oh dear.

This looks very nice.

I'm torn between following this thread for more details and avoiding it altogether to leave the rest of the building a surprise...

No, because how would the 1x1 tiles be on them? :tongue:

Yeah, it's clearly not that piece, first of all because it would be much too big. The thing in the hands is clearly some 1x1 piece with...something sticking out of it that makes it able to get carried from the minifig

Yeah, it's clearly not that piece, first of all because it would be much too big. The thing in the hands is clearly some 1x1 piece with...something sticking out of it that makes it able to get carried from the minifig

No actually it's clearly a 1x2 with a bar and cheese on it. :wink:

No, because how would the 1x1 tiles be on them? :tongue:

Mmm, 1x1 tile....where ? looks something 2x2 to me, maybe it's a sticker on a 2x2 tile.

We really need to get more detailed shots of this set, before we all start jumping to conclusions.

The set of 2010 has shown itself!

wooootles is sooo buying 2 or 3 of these, sorry Fire Brigade!

The general shape is so basic, yet so good, I can easily see myself buying a corner one and modding another to connect both!

This reminds me of the Macy's/Saks in NY... great design.

The large amount of grey and tan means it's also a good parts source... if it's floor area is anything like CC it's going to have a ton of sidewalk tile pieces... rawr!

:cry_happy:

Edited by wooootles

No actually it's clearly a 1x2 with a bar and cheese on it. :wink:

Edit: Sorry, you were right. :tongue: Took a closer and longer look on it and you're definitely right. Seems there are 2 cheese pieces in different colors on it.

Edited by metalandi

I think it is a 1 x2 with bar as well. Seems to me there are cheese slopes on

each side of it..

Another thing: This building is exactly a stacker as well. Just add 2 or 3 layers

on it like the others...

Since Green Grocer gave a slight hint at the next Building in the series,

I was wandering if this one is doing it as well, and in the same place? *huh*

Since Green Grocer gave a slight hint at the next Building in the series,

I was wandering if this one is doing it as well, and in the same place? *huh*

10185-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Do you mean the box art? The curved arches look the same generic ones to me. I think it's too early to be looking for the next one in the series :tongue:

Do you mean the box art? The curved arches look the same generic ones to me. I think it's too early to be looking for the next one in the series :tongue:

Fire escape = Reference to Fire Brigade. I had trouble with that one too. :tongue:

---

Escalator?

excysa.jpg

Edited by Legoliner Pilot