Captain Green Hair

Does anybody else like Motorcycles around here?

What exactly happened?

I was living at an apartment at the time and apperntly someone hopped on, hot wired it and took off. :sad: I reported it but it was found stripped of the vauleable parts and trashed. The guy responceable was never found. Total loss. One reson why I wanted to have a career in law enforcement.

I was living at an apartment at the time and apperntly someone hopped on, hot wired it and took off. :sad: I reported it but it was found stripped of the vauleable parts and trashed. The guy responceable was never found. Total loss. One reson why I wanted to have a career in law enforcement.

Bikes are among the easiesrt to steal, obviously becasue they weigh so little. Mine is in a garage all the time unless I'm riding it

Sucks to hear about your loss, do you plan to replace it? Also did you at least get some compensation from insurance?

In my neighborhood, a crew of 5 men were arrested for steeling bikes all over the hood.

They had a big, innocent looking van, and 5 of 4 of them were cutting chains or lock on the bike, and just lift it and carry it foe a few meters to the van. Simple as that, in 10 seconds all gone. I had to keep mine bike outside, but it is really heavily secured, and not very attractive because of the accident I described in posts above...

Bikes are among the easiesrt to steal, obviously becasue they weigh so little. Mine is in a garage all the time unless I'm riding it

Sucks to hear about your loss, do you plan to replace it? Also did you at least get some compensation from insurance?

A garage would have helped me but I lived in apartment. I lost it 2007. I'm not planning to replace it. I did get insurance compensation but It wasn't enough. If I get some more money I try and get one, but my DeLorean will do fine for now.

I was living at an apartment at the time and apperntly someone hopped on, hot wired it and took off. :sad: I reported it but it was found stripped of the vauleable parts and trashed. The guy responcable was never found. Total loss. One reason why I wanted to have a career in law enforcement.

What a bummer, and it was such a nice looking bike too :sceptic:

What a bummer, and it was such a nice looking bike too :sceptic:

Life goes on.....

Edited by JCC1004

A garage would have helped me but I lived in apartment. I lost it 2007. I'm not planning to replace it. I did get insurance compensation but It wasn't enough. If I get some more money I try and get one, but my DeLorean will do fine for now.

How long have you had the deloren and how has it been to you? I mean as far as reliability? I had a friend that had one years ago. If he was lucky to find replacment parts they were extremely expensive.

How long have you had the deloren and how has it been to you? I mean as far as reliability? I had a friend that had one years ago. If he was lucky to find replacment parts they were extremely expensive.

My dad got it damaged when I was a teen. He fixed it up and I drove it around until I got the cycle. It was pretty expensive but it was fixed over time. It wasn't one big bill. My mom would have freaked out if we got all of the parts at once. :laugh: It's doing pretty good. I haven't had any problems with it. It does take a bit more gas. :sceptic: I'm cutting back on the Back to the Future jokes. :grin:

My dad got it damaged when I was a teen. He fixed it up and I drove it around until I got the cycle. It was pretty expensive but it was fixed over time. It wasn't one big bill. My mom would have freaked out if we got all of the parts at once. :laugh: It's doing pretty good. I haven't had any problems with it. It does take a bit more gas. :sceptic: I'm cutting back on the Back to the Future jokes. :grin:

Very cool. That's nice that it was a little project for you and your family. :classic: Those are always fun when you can take your time on things like that. even if they can be a pain in your big behind! :tongue:

Do any of the fellow motorcycle owners live somewhere that gets snow?

I unfortuntealy do and we got our first snow last night which sadly reminded me it's time to winterize my bike and put her up on the stands for the long winter :sad:

Anyone else not able to ride year round?

Do any of the fellow motorcycle owners live somewhere that gets snow?

I unfortuntealy do and we got our first snow last night which sadly reminded me it's time to winterize my bike and put her up on the stands for the long winter :sad:

Anyone else not able to ride year round?

Well, we are moslty not lucky enough to have snow, just something that looks like it and turns into sludge when you look at it.

Personally I keep my bike in the garage from about now untill march. It will get too dirty to clean and I don't think it is worth risking it.

I used to ride all year round on my former bikes but not on this one. That caused some heartbeat moments trying to get away at trafficlights after a frosty nights.

With this bike it is also an ensurance policy: no riding between Dec 1st and Feb 28th. With a great spring that means shaking of winter on March 1st. :laugh:

Well, we are moslty not lucky enough to have snow, just something that looks like it and turns into sludge when you look at it.

Personally I keep my bike in the garage from about now untill march. It will get too dirty to clean and I don't think it is worth risking it.

I used to ride all year round on my former bikes but not on this one. That caused some heartbeat moments trying to get away at trafficlights after a frosty nights.

With this bike it is also an ensurance policy: no riding between Dec 1st and Feb 28th. With a great spring that means shaking of winter on March 1st. :laugh:

Sounds like your winter is not too bad.

I am looking forward to 5 foot snowdrifts and subzero (farenheit) tempuratures.

My poor bike will sit from now until mid-april. :(

Snow is coming tomorrow here, so my bike is going to take a sleep until warmer days.

When I was much younger, I tried few times riding on snow on abandoned playground, trying to make drifts and powerslides, luckily I did not crash back then.

But, we have some way to feel acceleration even when it is freezing outside.

My friends and me take a small sledge and at the night and we go to the steep hill near the river and just let off the hill with the sledge.

Acceleration is very hard, and it is long way down, so you can get pretty speed, too.

Good thing is that on the hill is quite few people watching and when somebody make mistake, it is pretty embarrassing.

Cant wait for it.

In my youunger days with my first dirt bike, I tried to ride in the snow for fun.

It took me over 30 minutes to heat up the engine enough with a heat gun and then I rode for like 45 seconds and fell twice, and gave up.

Biggest waste of time ever.

Now if I could get some studded tires, that'd be a different story.

In my youunger days with my first dirt bike, I tried to ride in the snow for fun.

It took me over 30 minutes to heat up the engine enough with a heat gun and then I rode for like 45 seconds and fell twice, and gave up.

Biggest waste of time ever.

Now if I could get some studded tires, that'd be a different story.

Maybe your Dirt bike was too tall (ground clearance) and therefore harder to control.

I rode the first bike in my review few posts back (tomos automatic). It is very low, and weights only 45 Kg, plus I had to place my feet wide apart, to simulate some kind of outriggers, Since it was totally frozen ground, my boots pretty much glided on ice.

Back tire really did make a drifts, but it was very hard to control, and only in straight line, meter by meter, especially it had almost zero traction.

Thought I'd give you a rundown on all my previous motorcycles:

Yamaha Maxim XJ700

My first one: I went to a motorshow and come home with this 1 month after getting my license.

"You wont buy anything will you?" "No dear"

Try explaning that!

But she liked it and it took us on two great vacations. very fast at traffic lights, it looked like a chopper but it had a straight 4.

Next

Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder

1988_VS1400GLP_blk_side_450.jpg

More power and bigger. An imported bike from the US just 4 gears, but was great to ride. Took me three months before I had to deck it because a car didn't give way. And that ended that story.

A few months later I had enough money saved to buy another one. This time a European model so 5 gears. Smoother rides and again a nice vacation with the wife.

Then nature took its toll and too much driving in winter and bodge customisation by me made me sell it.

But then enough savings, the money made with the sell of the last bike and a large employee benefits, led me to this beauty.

When the 2009 line-up come out I knew I had to own one.

post-4504-1255632034.jpg

This is mine as described in a previous post. It was the first ride with my son after he had gotten his bikerwear.

So that is the full story on my bikes. I will save the anecdote of me and 4 MP's on the motorway for later.

Edited by L-space

Maybe your Dirt bike was too tall (ground clearance) and therefore harder to control.

I rode the first bike in my review few posts back (tomos automatic). It is very low, and weights only 45 Kg, plus I had to place my feet wide apart, to simulate some kind of outriggers, Since it was totally frozen ground, my boots pretty much glided on ice.

Back tire really did make a drifts, but it was very hard to control, and only in straight line, meter by meter, especially it had almost zero traction.

Oh, I know for a fact that was part of the problem. I wa tall, but not tall enough to control it.

If I had that same bike today I could ride it better in the snow sonce I'm taller.

Also part of the problem was the 2 feet of snow and ice underneith. It was just the worst day ever, school had been cancelled earlier that day, so I was bored.

All these bike reviews is getting me in the mood to post up my 4 bikes with reviews. Maybe this weekend.

All these bike reviews is getting me in the mood to post up my 4 bikes with reviews. Maybe this weekend.

Please do. I am looking forward reading it. What bikes are going to be reviewed?

Please do. I am looking forward reading it. What bikes are going to be reviewed?

Well shucks, I had forgot I offered this. I best hold up to my end, congrats on becoming a knight as well. This place is addicting is'nt it.

I'm going to work on the review right now, so I won't say, check back in a few hours as I think I am going to need some lunch first.

Well shucks, I had forgot I offered this. I best hold up to my end, congrats on becoming a knight as well. This place is addicting is'nt it.

I'm going to work on the review right now, so I won't say, check back in a few hours as I think I am going to need some lunch first.

No hurry!

Thanks for congrats, I appreciate that! It is addictive all right, I am a member on few Lego forums, but they are severely lacking any kind of action. This one is THE Best :thumbup:

I need some proteins, too, and then off to Gym.

I 'll be back...to check it :classic:

Well I am 27 years old and have owned 4 bikes.

My first bike I got was in 1994 when I was just 12. It was a 1990 Honda XR 200

bikepics-390576-full.jpg

My dad got me this bike because having a motorcycle was all I ever talked about. This probably had something to do with my Dad owning a 1978 and 1979 BMW 1000R. My mom has a 1982 Honda CX 500 Turbo, so I have always been around and on motorcycles.

Anyway, on to this beast. This isn't my image but mine looked exactly the same. It wasn't the most powerful bike on the block, but it was mine. My parents let me ride it on city streets for about 2 blocks to get to a major road where once I crossed that I was basically out of town and there was nothing but fields and hills. Technically it was illegal for me to ride it since I wasn't old enough to get a permit or a license (14 in the US) and the motorcycle didn't have turn signals, or lights, or anything that makes a bike road legal. So this was my off road dirt toy. It had plenty of power, enough for me to do a wheelie or gather up enough speed to get a few feet of air after hitting on of my favorite jumps. I was really hard on this bike and I only ended up owning it for about a year and a half. During that time I can't tell you how many miles I put on it because there was no odometer. I did spend many days outside on it though, ad it was great for trails, there wasn't a hill this thing couldn't climb. Without a speedometer I can't be sure but I'm guessing it did at least 60mph+ For a dirt bike it was a great one, I only sold it because I bought a road legal dirt bike referred to as Dual Sport bikes here in the States.

So on to my next bike which was a 1994 Kawasaki KLX-250

bikepics-1143621-full.jpg

This is also not an exact picture of my bike but it is the same thing since I actually don't have any pictures of my own. This was the bike I rode to school when I was in the 9th grade which is pretty much the time everyone starts to drive. It was a kick start and had all the lights and signals I needed for legal road use. I actually took my motorcycle license test on this bike. Even thought I primarily used it for my only vehicle since I was only 14, when I did go off roading it held up just as good as my old Honda, in fact I think it was a better off road machine, even though it had a softer suspension setup, it could clear an approach to a road easily and not bottom out doing so. I love this bike with all my heart and thinking back on the reason I sold it (to get a car), I was stupid, it was only worth about $1500 and I should have kept it as a fun alternate vehicle. I put over 5,000 miles on that little bike in the course of about 2 years. This may not sound like much but I lived in a city of about 40,000 people and obviously I never took this bike on road trips because I was so you and it only went about 100 miles before needing gas. This thing had plenty of power and even got me in trouble a few times. I loved that it was a kick start because one day I came out from school and my battery was dead. No worries just kick away and she fired right up, if I would have had an electric start bike, I would have needed a charge or a really really big push which I don't like doing because it is hard on the tranny. I did ride it out to a lake that was about 15 miles out of my town and I got it up to 95mph before the front end started to shake violently and I got scared. If I could do it all over again, I would have kept this guy and I would probably have it today still.

After a few years with no bike, I was in my first year of college and decided that now my car was paid off and I wanted something for the street. SO I made the foolish impulse purchase of this beauty. A 2002 Suzuki Bandit 600s

bikepics-1288616-800.jpg

I wanted a "sport bike" so bad because that was what I was into at the time. I saw this and figured it looked like a sport bike, so it must be fast. Little to my surprise it was a dog. It was a carbourated engine which I am forever against now. It took a while to warm up and didn't run very good until it was warmed up. It was lacking torque everywhere, most sport bikes lack torque down low, but this thing had about 20ft/lbs about 100rpm from red line. It did however have a comfortable riding position compared to my current bike. It was a good bike for my first street bike but I wish I would have gotten something different instead. It did it's job but for a 600 it was greatly underpowered. I was initially sold on the looks, which I have to admit are a bit weird by my standards today. This is essentially a naked bike with a front fairing. I actually think the naked version looks better. I bought it for $5800 brand new and ended up selling it for like $3500 about 2 years later. I did this to help finance my new car that I was getting. A 2002 Acura RSX Type S which I still drive today and will be paid off in 3 more payments. It was a good bike but I wish I didn't have to put up with it for so long. I seriously should have done some more research and gotten something like what I have today.

Which brings us to the happy ending of my story. About 3 years ago, my friend bought a Kawasaki Ninja 250 as his first bike, and it brought back all these memories of my previous bikes. My then fiancé said I should look for a new one, and so I did. I had it narrowed down to Honda CBR600RR, a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-R , a Suzuki GSX-R, or a Yamaha R6. All of these being the same size 600cc. It all came down to which was the most comfortable, and the Yamaha fit my frame the best. (I'm 6'4") Well as most of you can see from a few posts up, I decided on a brand new 2007 Yamaha R6.

I have pictures of it still in the crate as well as the odometer at zero on my home computer so maybe I can post those later, but for now, this is the only pic I have hosted on the web.

r6clean.jpg

You can see my infamous RSX in the background which used to be my dream car and now is just a hassle, since I'm so tall and it's so small. Anyway you can kind of see that I removed the rear fender and have only the license plate attached with a custom bracket I ordered on line. I have a new LED board for the taillight section so I can get rid of my rear blinkers all together, then the taillight/brake light would also function as the turn signals. Here is what I'm talking about.

r6_turn.gif

You can basically control all 18 of the LED's in any way you want. I'm just going to have the right side blink like a blinker, nothing fancy like the .gif shows. I also have flush mount front turn signals that I am waiting to install. They look like this

proton12.jpg

and will eventually look like this on the bike.

installed_4.jpg

Back to the bike itself, it's a joy to ride. It has cornering capabilities that are beyond what I can do. No matter how hard I turn in, it can take it and holds it's grip. Ive been thinking about trading up for a liter bike but this has more power than I will probably ever use. Plus since it is only a 600, it is light. This makes it very easy to flick back and forth. Like all sport bikes it lacks a bit of low end torque, but when I say a bit, I truly mean just a bit. It is still way faster than my car down low and once you hit about 8grand, that engine just sings all the way to it's red line of 15,500 RPM. I've had it as fast as 145MPH and that was ridiculously fast. Supposedly it will do somewhere in the neighborhood of 160+MPH but I will probably never find out. I average 35MPG which is fine for me since I bought it as a powerful fast bike, not a scooter to save gas. The color is just the way I want it, I actually had them build me one right out of the crate because I didn't want the red one on the showroom floor. I'm not loyal to a certain brand of bike like some people are, I just choose what works best for me at the time. I feel like this is getting lengthy so I'll end it now. Maybe I'll post up all the helmets I've owned over the years. Don't worry, it's only 3.

Cheers

Nick

Thats a cool Yamaha. As for the snow, I only see people riding their bikes from April-November. It gets really cold in December, and around February-March, it gets slushy so therre is barely any grip. :sceptic: One thing that is fun in the winter is riding you bicycle on the ice. :grin:

Edited by prateek

That is very nice review Cam!

Do you have problems driving the bike regarding your height? I guess on smaller bikes your knees can bump with your forearms on tight turns?

That is very nice review Cam!

Do you have problems driving the bike regarding your height? I guess on smaller bikes your knees can bump with your forearms on tight turns?

That is the exact reason I got the R6, it has the most comfortable tank out of the 4 I tried. My knees fit snuggly on the tank and I have plenty of room for turning. I have never hit my knees on my hands or the handlebars. I can't say on the other bikes because I have not actually rode them.

When it comes to performance bikes of this level, they are all going to be within mear milliseconds of each other in the performance department so it came down to ergonamics for me.

I have purchased '94 Kawasaki ZZR 500!

bikepics-704658-full.jpg

I bought it from a friend, he is mechanic, it was really cheap, and I consider it as a one year, next summer ride. I still have Peugeot scooter, which can rest a little bit now.

Good thing is that I will probably sell Kawa at the end of year, and if I manage to keep my job, maybe buy something newer...but for now I have a reason to go to the garage and look at it, and maybe sit on it and make 'Vroom' noises :classic: at least until is winter

Forgive me for being childish, this is my first big bike...