Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Governer

MAJOR reasons why Pirates WILL return in 2010!

Given that we've had leaks for the first half of 2010, I'd hazard to say that the only chance of more Pirate sets would be via a Shop@Home exlcuive like the Castle market village. The fact that the line will only be on shelves until the middle of next year pretty much burries any hope of new pirate offerings showing up in the summer. As disappointing as it may be, PotC may be the only chance for a pirates-based theme in the near future.

It's a bit ironic. A few months ago the general consensus was that Castle was done in 2010. Now over at CC there is a strong indication that this is not the case. Conversely, Pirates was looking like a sure bet for 2010 with the calendar, chess set and tic-tac-toe all coming out to promote the line. It's a shame this line was never given a chance to expand. It's one of the things I've really disliked about LEGO since the mid 90s. Nothing has any longevity.

Besides a particular Indiana Jones set, which other sets have they been appearing in?

2 Indy sets - the new Chauchilla Cemetery Battle set aswell as the Temple one. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Armada figure in a Vintage Minifig Collection at some point, though. No people, that's not a "gut feeling", just pure speculation :pir-grin:

Well that settles it then... The LEGO Group is doing away with Pirates beyond 2010 so they can focus solely on an Imperial Armada theme :pir_laugh2:

Well that settles it then... The LEGO Group is doing away with Pirates beyond 2010 so they can focus solely on an Imperial Armada theme :pir_laugh2:

In your dreams! I vote for fresh Legend sets as well!

I still think we'll get a sort of "final sha-bang" in January. :pir-classic:
As you keep repeating this: Do you know something we don't? In this case I sure hope you do (*cough* s@h exclusive *cough*).

I knew you knew it :pir-laugh: