Derek

Some legitmate evidence for the return of HP...

Yes, they have to make sets now. First an electronic game and now this. Why would they not now make more sets.

Wow, a board game? That must be the first licensed board game. Very interesting. Looks like another Labyrinth-style game, but the tower in the middle tells it's something different.

As for the rumored sets: since AllanSmith's list of train sets turned out true, I think we can assume that these are true as well! :sweet: Can't wait to see first images! I'm sure they wont release the exact same sets again, but rather make redesign of old sets like they always do in Star Wars. :thumbup:

A board game, the first 4 years as a video game, well I did hear a few months back the second 4 year period comming out as a video game. So if there are sets comming out they could be based either on this second period for the game or just for the 2011 part one and two of the final film.

Correct me if I'm worry but HP is from Time-Warner (Warner Bros. Studio) and Lego have a big deal with Time-Warner right - do the math - Any movie from that studio could be come a Lego theme (same to with Disney).

The Kiddiwinks site that whung posted in the City 2010 thread had a list of 2010 Harry Potter sets, with prices to compare to other sets...

I am getting excited!

-darthperson

Thanks for the link. I used XE.com to conver South African Rand (ZAR) to Euro (EUR). I've also had to let my thoughts go about this. :tongue:

4736 Dobby's Release: 15,76 EUR

If this is the price range (14,95) then I sure hope it's twice as big (because twice the price) as the first Dobby's Release...

4737 Quidditch Lesson: 27,62 EUR

This is also a lot more expensive (10 EUR) than the first release. So, more and new figures? Perhaps Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?

4738 Hagrid's Hut: 55,24 EUR

Hopefully based on the third book, with a Buckbeack and a pumpkin field.

4840 The Burrow: 78,92 EUR

Impressive price... for an impressive building? I'm sure there'll be some awesome figures in there! Molly, Arthur, and some other children? Wicked.

4841 Hogwart's Express: 94,80 EUR

Woah, so it'll be motorized? :thumbup:

4842 Hogwarts Castle: 157,96 EUR

I think we will see the biggest Hogwarts castle till date!

So it looks very expensive, so I hope we are getting some awesome LEGO sets. If the sets are as the same quality as the older LEGO Harry Potter series I know that I'm going to buy them all. How can I not, as a Harry Potter fan? :hmpf: I'm old enough now to know that I would like to have them all... If we just could see some pictures. :grin:

4842 Hogwarts Castle: 157,96 EUR ?? Daaaaang, that has to be really huuuuuuge castle ! Hopefully with a lot of details and stuff.

Thanks for the link. I used XE.com to conver South African Rand (ZAR) to Euro (EUR). I've also had to let my thoughts go about this. :tongue:

4736 Dobby's Release: 15,76 EUR

If this is the price range (14,95) then I sure hope it's twice as big (because twice the price) as the first Dobby's Release...

4737 Quidditch Lesson: 27,62 EUR

This is also a lot more expensive (10 EUR) than the first release. So, more and new figures? Perhaps Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?

4738 Hagrid's Hut: 55,24 EUR

Hopefully based on the third book, with a Buckbeack and a pumpkin field.

4840 The Burrow: 78,92 EUR

Impressive price... for an impressive building? I'm sure there'll be some awesome figures in there! Molly, Arthur, and some other children? Wicked.

4841 Hogwart's Express: 94,80 EUR

Woah, so it'll be motorized? :thumbup:

4842 Hogwarts Castle: 157,96 EUR

I think we will see the biggest Hogwarts castle till date!

So it looks very expensive, so I hope we are getting some awesome LEGO sets. If the sets are as the same quality as the older LEGO Harry Potter series I know that I'm going to buy them all. How can I not, as a Harry Potter fan? :hmpf: I'm old enough now to know that I would like to have them all... If we just could see some pictures. :grin:

Just keep in mind that you can't just calculate local prices using the exchange rate. It appears that the South African prices are slightly higher than in most of the European countries, so its fair to assume that those prices that you've posted are slightly higher then they will eventually be.

Anyways its nice to get some rough ideas about the prices of these sets, and from this I hope that the new Hogwarts Express have some kind of new feature to justify much higher price compared to the older versions of it. Hopefully a proper train station.

I just had a nice idea-

What if Lego released a huge Hogwarts set, like the SW Death Star? It would have dozens of figures to cover all of the notable characters that would be there throughout the movies. Here is a good starting list-

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Snape, Hagrid, Mcgonnagal, Flitwick, Sprout, Trelawney, Slughorn, Umbridge, Lupin, Gilderoy Lockhart, Madame Pomfrey, Filch, Quirrel, Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Neville, Luna, Ginny, Fred, George, Cedric, Cho, and Dobby

Its a long list, but I think that would cover a mojority of the characters in the movies/books. The rooms-

Great Hall, Chamber of Secrets, Potions, Herbology, Divination, Defense Against Dark Arts, Transfiguration, the house rooms, Dumbledore's office, Room of Requirement, Astrology Tower

There would be a bunch of animals and creatures, like Dementors, Basilisk, Fawkes, Filches Cat :laugh: etc.

What do you guys think?

Just keep in mind that you can't just calculate local prices using the exchange rate. It appears that the South African prices are slightly higher than in most of the European countries, so its fair to assume that those prices that you've posted are slightly higher then they will eventually be.

Anyways its nice to get some rough ideas about the prices of these sets, and from this I hope that the new Hogwarts Express have some kind of new feature to justify much higher price compared to the older versions of it. Hopefully a proper train station.

Yeah, you're totally right! I was also thinking about that, then I converted a set they had in stores (2009 set), and it was roughly the same price we have to pay for it now. So, I thought, why shouldn't I roughly compare them. :classic:

I'm really looking forward to the Burrow. I think it's going to be pretty big (because it sounds expensive), with some great techniques used in it. I hope it's the same seize as my MOC, but with playable features. I really can't wait for the first pictures. :hmpf:

A Collectors Edition Hogwarts would be fantastic. But also not doable as a LEGO set I think. But I would buy, it would be my first huge LEGO set (as if above 150 EUR). Oh, it would be marvellous. The architecture, the little details, the awesome minifigures and accessories...

Edited by Matn

All I want to see is Number 12, Grimmauld Place. I was so bummed when they didn't make any sets for the Order of the Phoenix. They could do something really special for the secret base like making part of it with clear bricks because it is invisible to outsiders. Just an idea.

From the petition thread:

It's always hard to decipher legomilk's posts, but I think what he is saying is that there is some truth in AllanSmith's list. :sweet:

So, what do you guys think? Are these really upcoming sets? They sound an awful lot like sets we have already seen, most of which several times, except for the burrow of course. But then again, they sound like some good sets to revive the line again. Looking at the standard the Emerald Night and the Medieval Market Village have set, I believe TLC can pull off some amazing redos of these old sets! :cry_happy:

AllanSmith was the first to announce the new train sets, and the first one to provide the price for them (although this has yet to be confirmed when the sets come out). If he says that the sets are coming out, they most probably are!