fallentomato

MOC: The Court of King Octopus

I guess this falls under Aquaraiders, though ti's a little silly. I won set 774, Crab Crusher at Brickworld this year, but I already had one copy of it put thogether and as awesome as it is, I didn't really need another giant submarine. But I couldn't bring myself to just dump the pieces into my collection, so I did an alternate build for hte set and came up with this, the Court of King Octopus

3824770945_fa1cc5eebe_o.jpg

The little crab is trying to see the King, but the King's enchanted Golem Guards are steadfast

3825572200_d668801ac4.jpg

The king passes the time by being entertained by his pole-dancing Tentaclen slave

3824770971_c56120c519_o.jpg

and playing with his pet coral, Chester

3825572700_5bd90cdd07_o.jpg

In case of danger the king can escape in his Getaway Throne

3825572558_d929013edb.jpg

thought he looks rather silly when doing so :tongue:

3825572672_158d498d0f_o.jpg

Just out side his court there is the skeleton of an Aquaraider who feel off his Underwater Speeder

3825572798_f55cb29795.jpg

after colliding with this Junk Coral

3825572734_f012637979.jpg

I hope you like it. I had a lot of fun putting it together :sweet:

More pictures on flickr

Wow fallentomato, that's a great MOC! I've always liked the idea of rebuilding a set into another model, and you did a great job! I particularly like the use of Aquaraider helmets as the King Octupus' eyes. The crown is great as well. Thanks for sharing this. :sweet:

Junk coral? That's one of the coolest Ideas I've ever seen in a underwater MOC! :sweet:

Nice MOC, fallentomato. :sweet: I'm a sucker for alternate builds, and this is no exception. The Speeder is awesome in shape, and I love the coral throne. The crown is pretty neat, too.

By the way, when you said "junk coral", I wasn't sure what you meant... :grin:

I'm not usually interested in any themes besides castle and pirates, but I must say I really like this! The creatures are so well constructed; they really makes me nostalgic for when I was a kid and used to make other things out of my sets instead of just build them as the instructions dictate.

Well I think you have done an amazing job on this alternate build, it really shows a lot of imagination. The golems are inspired, the crab great and the octopus throne room well conceived.

Cheers.

Very nice and I :wub: the octopus. The name reminds me of the song "The court of king correctucus", Idon't know if that's what you had in mind?

Very nice and I :wub: the octopus. The name reminds me of the song "The court of king correctucus", Idon't know if that's what you had in mind?

I'm not familiar with that song, so I can't say that it influenced the name. Unless it seeped in from the collective unconscious...