RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

Wait, wait. I'm not that familiar with the LDD concept.

Are we actually, at some point, gonna be able to buy and physically hold in our hands stuff like purple Kalmah armor and Mata green Tahu fireswords??

:oh:

No. Only the stuff in the DesignByMe/Pick-a-Brick palette works for that. There are other palettes you can use with other parts which may or may not exist.

The LEGO Universe palette is a bonus palette you get by inserting a bit of code into the program, and it offers you essentially any part that LDD can render, in any color LEGO uses. However, it is not a part of DesignByMe. You cannot purchase the parts from it, and if the parts haven't appeared in actual sets in those colors, then they don't exist.

LDD is a free download you can get from the DesignByMe section of LEGO.com. The LEGO Universe palette can be activated by following the instructions in the topic I linked to after downloading the standard LDD program. But be warned-- not all parts in the LEGO Universe palette are guaranteed to work perfectly, as that mode isn't normally available to the public, and certainly many of the parts will not exist in all colors in real life.

Thanks, Aanchir. :classic:

If none of these are gonna be available, though, I don't see what all the fuss is about. :sceptic:

Well, probably in part because people on BZP don't understand LDD any more than you did. And the fact that BZP was unable to divulge any information on how to get these leaves just enough mystery for fan speculation to fill in the blanks. Thus, there's bound to be hype.

Ideally, one could use these pieces to make digital renderings of BIONICLE sets or MOCs, but it's quite a limited selection-- hardly any good joint pieces. Realistically, the most that someone could do is create digital "playsets" similar to those of 2005-2007, since the BIONICLE parts that are available should work fine as decoration, and since all the 2006 and 2007 BIONICLE minifig parts are available with LEGO Universe mode. Which isn't a bad idea-- I've experimented with it a few times, and will surely do so again in the future.

@Aanchir: Ah. My mistake. As you can probably tell by my comment, I don't follow the normal LEGO world much, tending to stay with BZP. As such, my main source of news regarding normal LEGO comes from BZP. Couple that with my general confusion about LDD and DesignByMe, and you can probably see why I was confused. :P

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

New JE chapter. It feautures Tahu donning the Golden Armor and Teridax dying. All of it in 3 pages. It didn't really feel rushed this time .__.

Anyways, looks like Greg worte it was Bota Magna's edge that killed Teridax.

New JE chapter. It feautures Tahu donning the Golden Armor and Teridax dying. All of it in 3 pages. It didn't really feel rushed this time .__.

Anyways, looks like Greg worte it was Bota Magna's edge that killed Teridax.

So MNS was canon, and the comic wasn't. Ah well, artistic license. (Seems like we've been using that phrase for 2 years now...)

So MNS was canon, and the comic wasn't. Ah well, artistic license. (Seems like we've been using that phrase for 2 years now...)

Oh, most of us have been using it for far longer than that. Inconsistent depictions of Kini-Nui in 2001? Artistic license. Quirks in the first three BIONICLE movies? Artistic license. It's not at all a recent trend.

Oh, most of us have been using it for far longer than that. Inconsistent depictions of Kini-Nui in 2001? Artistic license. Quirks in the first three BIONICLE movies? Artistic license. It's not at all a recent trend.

Those are all re-interpretations of the same locations/characters. When artistic license starts switching planets... :sceptic:

My opinion is that it should be Bota Magna that hit Teridax. Not because I think it would be cooler, but because if it were Bota Magna, only the comic would be slightly contradicted, but if it were Aqua Magna, three things would be contradicted, including the book that some people would pay for, expecting it to be accurate.

http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTempla...4D94A02F5E9.pdf

Journeys End Chapter 10 is up just to let you know.

Unfortunately it was rushed, not as rushed as the comic though. I'm glad it was Bota Magna hit Makuta, which means the MNS ending is more accurate. What's different though is Mata Nui doesn't push Makuta, instead he is on the ground and makuta is too startled to get out of the way. Personally I prefer him pushing him.

The scene with Mata Nui falling though was very epic. With about 30 pages left though, I wonder what still has to happen. Hopefully we will get a better explanation of how the MU inhabitants leave to Spherus Magna.

The New Mata Nui Saga image is quite cool, and the text not bad at all. I like it.

The New Mata Nui Saga image is quite cool, and the text not bad at all. I like it.

Just saw it. It was well-drawn. Looks like MNS will end this Thursday. Then we move on......

Just saw it. It was well-drawn. Looks like MNS will end this Thursday. Then we move on......

Mata Nui still has to crumble, be reborn and look upon the start of the new era. That would need a bit more than even a longer MNS chapter. :sceptic:

It'll certainly be over by May though, along with the final Journey's End chapter. :cry_sad:

Mata Nui still has to crumble, be reborn and look upon the start of the new era. That would need a bit more than even a longer MNS chapter. :sceptic:

It'll certainly be over by May though, along with the final Journey's End chapter. :cry_sad:

Knowing how fast the story team can rush things up, I'd say it will all be covered in the next chapter easily.

Knowing how fast the story team can rush things up, I'd say it will all be covered in the next chapter easily.

Story team doesn't rush things up-- the story team really only makes decisions as a whole regarding big things like where the story's going to go. Greg Farshtey's responsible for actually writing things up, so if MNS, a serial, or some other small part of the overall story feels rushed, then its him you should take issue with. If a whole story year feels rushed on the other hand, then the story team as a whole is probably involved in that decision. And I won't deny that I've heard convincing arguments for both scenarios from time to time.

Story team doesn't rush things up-- the story team really only makes decisions as a whole regarding big things like where the story's going to go. Greg Farshtey's responsible for actually writing things up, so if MNS, a serial, or some other small part of the overall story feels rushed, then its him you should take issue with. If a whole story year feels rushed on the other hand, then the story team as a whole is probably involved in that decision. And I won't deny that I've heard convincing arguments for both scenarios from time to time.

Except that it's Bink's responsibility when it comes down to Web site.

Even though it comes down to the budget given. They could have given you nothing. Remember it.

I must say I love this week's artwork. It's just so alien, Earthly, and beautiful at the same time... Lovable. Can't wait for the new chapter of both MNS and Journey's End. Not to say Reign of Shadows...

Except that it's Bink's responsibility when it comes down to Web site.

Even though it comes down to the budget given. They could have given you nothing. Remember it.

I must say I love this week's artwork. It's just so alien, Earthly, and beautiful at the same time... Lovable. Can't wait for the new chapter of both MNS and Journey's End. Not to say Reign of Shadows...

Binky uploads the stuff, but he doesn't write it. And since MNS is updated at a consistent rate of twice a week, claims that the story feels rushed can't really be blamed on him.

Actually, I believe that Bink is indeed responsible for writing the Mata Nui Saga scripts.

Last two Mata Nui Saga chapters were brilliant. Especially the new one - just beautiful.

Journey's End chapter was kind of short, and tomorrow is the last one. :cry_sad:

And of course the battle videos. Go Tahu!

-GRESHIOS

I've already read the epilogue, BIOCODE JOURNEY11

Anyways... :classic:

It was so much better, so beautiful... Mata Nui's last desire was for the Glatorian, Agaori, Toa, etc. to find the Great Beings and make them feel better. I hope Greg works this out on some serial.

Also, Tahu got new Heat Vision powers, which is nice but a little dull, since we've been having heat vision for Rahskshi this year :P

A great chapter from a great writer from a great series to make out a great ending. I'm completely satisfied. :classic:

Edited by Nightmare

I've already read the epilogue, BIOCODE JOURNEY11

Anyways... :classic:

It was so much better, so beautiful... Mata Nui's last desire was for the Glatorian, Agaori, Toa, etc. to find the Great Beings and make them feel better. I hope Greg works this out on some serial.

Also, Tahu got new Heat Vision powers, which is nice but a little dull, since we've been having heat vision for Rahskshi this year :P

A great chapter from a great writer from a great series to make out a great ending. I'm completely satisfied. :classic:

Mata Nui restoring the planet was very beautiful indeed, and Greg even subtly gave (Toa) Ignika one final heroic act and confirmed dinosaurs on Bota Magna.

:wub:

There should probably be at least one more MNS chapter, but if not, this was an excellent ending to BIONICLE.

Link to Chapter 11

Heat vision. Hmm, didn't see that coming. But more importantly, BIOMECHANICAL REPTILES. MEGA EPIC WIN. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anyway, I'm really satisfied with the book. It was great that I was able to read the last BIONICLE book, seeing as I live in a place where it's impossible to get one. I shall remember this day forever......

Heat vision. Hmm, didn't see that coming. But more importantly, BIOMECHANICAL REPTILES. MEGA EPIC WIN. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anyway, I'm really satisfied with the book. It was great that I was able to read the last BIONICLE book, seeing as I live in a place where it's impossible to get one. I shall remember this day forever......

Wait, because I asked Greg and he replied that tahu has more than just one new power...

I was very satisfied by this epilogue. It was written very well, conveyed emotion beautifully, too.

Mata Nui respected the Ignika's own will (for the first time), and worked together with it, not simply used it and that's that. His desire for the Great Beings is surprising, but logical at the same time. Bionicle couldn't have ended without a hint at the fate of the Great Beings! The prisoners of the pit (or those that were still on the loose) got cured for the most part. And then, of course... BIOMECHANICAL REPTILES ON BOTA MAGNA, NOW WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT?!

While not my favorite book (that honor still goes to "Shadows in the Sky") of Bionicle, Journey's End was good nonetheless. With Bionicle coming so abruptly to an end, this book managed to soften the blow enough with an acceptable amount of detail. Good job, Greg.

EDIT: the last MNS is a bit of a let down...

Edited by Refia

As if Sahmad's tale wasn't already enough proof that Greg can write well, now we get the final chapter of a book that somehow manages to make a decent conclusion out of the two final comics. Seriously, while I was rather upset about Bionicle ending, this epic and emotional conclusion to Journey's End almost makes it worth it. I still would rather have had the Element Lords as sets and major storyline characters, but dare I say it, this might just be more epic. I'm really glad that, overall, Mata Nui's two years of appearances did good justice to the character, combining his status as a legend of Bionicle with a very likeable personality. In addition, it's nice to see that the final confrontation brings us full circle, with Mata Nui fighting against his "brother" Makuta and defeating him. Once a great spirit in legend, now a great spirit in person, returning to his universe and saving it from destruction. :thumbup:

And now we might have a "find the great beings" storyline? Awesome - and considering what Reign of Shadows revealed last entry, I'm betting Bota Magna has something to do with it. Let's hope that whowever goes and searches for them runs into the aformentioned bio-mechanical dinosaurs in the process, and perhaps some Agori and Glatorian from Bota Magna as well. :wink:

“All journey’s must come to an end

RRRRRRRRRRRRRGH