RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

And in English:

"Speaking of 2010, indeed, the BIONICLE range will see major changes. LEGO launches in January 2010, redesignated the 6 characters favorite characters from fans since launching the range in 2001. As you know, you can find: Toa Tahu, takanuva, for Gresh Heroes Piraka but also a Rakhshi and skrall. This assortment Collector will also receive a mechanism for collection with 6 elements "golden" in each can transform into Toa Tahu Tahu Gold and give it enough power to win the final battle. And thus conclude the saga beauty Mata Nui and Bionicle story that we know since the launch of the range.

In September 2010, a new set after a new line and pulled a new story hit stores.

This range is not set LEGO Ben 10 Alien Force, which also released in January 2010.

Of course I could share more with you about this new wide release in late December / early January. "

Who/what was the source specifically though?

Well, the person who has written this works for LEGO France, i don't think you need other confirmation than this. To be honest, i really hope it's connected to the Bionicle line because i like some of the characters so much i would be sad not to see them anymore.

This news saddens me. A replacement line would be able to start from scratch, but could it compare to the awesomeness of BIONICLE?

-ZotS

I think that BIONICLE's awesomeness has certainly fallen some (not counting '09... man). I think a clean start would make the replacement awesome. So I'm excited for this.

ewsick. I knew in my heart that the Stars used Avtoran heads, but... I was hoping against hope that I would never see those pieces again.

As to Bionicle ending, woot. I'm happy, actually. Bionicle has just gotten too big. It would work if the story was not dependent on toys, but as it is, there are too many locations and characters to write about and not enough space to do it in. Greg tries to fix it with the serials, but it ends up being super rushed. It's time to put the line down, IMO. Not to say I won't miss it.

As to a new line coming, I hope it's good. My hopes are for unique sets, with refreshing color schemes. And interesting locations. And stuff.

Basically, I want Throwbots to come back and bring a plot.

Yeah, not gonna happen. But I can dream...

~Bunda

The replacement's plot won't be anywhere near as complex as Bionicle's, if it even has a plot. It will probably have as much story as Power Miners :tongue:

Honestly, I'm glad they're ending it. But they had better wrap it up nicely. Maybe they could leave like 1 cliffhanger, but really I want answers. Like I finally want to have the plot make sense as a whole, you know?

The replacement's plot won't be anywhere near as complex as Bionicle's, if it even has a plot. It will probably have as much story as Power Miners :tongue:

The replacement will most likely have an elaborate plot like Bionicle, because the elaborate storyline is the reason that Bionicle was so successful and long lasting compared to other themes.

I suspect that the main difference will be that the new story will tie itself up cleaner every year, or just not amass such a network of characters and unanswered questions.

The replacement will most likely have an elaborate plot like Bionicle, because the elaborate storyline is the reason that Bionicle was so successful and long lasting compared to other themes.

I suspect that the main difference will be that the new story will tie itself up cleaner every year, or just not amass such a network of characters and unanswered questions.

Or there might be a ton of retcons each year. Just because little kids are too dumb to notice.

A fresh start will do us all a bit of good. With no characters from past years to cater for fans it will just be pure plot!

Edited by God Iron

A fresh start will do us all a bit of good. With no characters from past years to cater for fans it will just be pure plot!

It would be nice to keep the name ' Bionicle ' though. :sceptic:

Some more stuff for discussion...

Binkmeister in a BZP poll.

NtM

Well, then we hadn't seen the Piraka and Rahkshi so he could have been talking about them?

Well, then we hadn't seen the Piraka and Rahkshi so he could have been talking about them?

He said it this morning, so he should know that we've seen all the Stars by now.

I think I've got an idea on what Lego could do.

Why doesn't Lego have a sort of "Bionicle: Universe" line, where they take one story, maybe lasting 1-2 years (about the same length as a playtheme lasts), spending time on different areas of the Bionicle universe. That way, they don't have to make up dumb excuses for changing the characters, we don't have to deal with a convoluted storyline, and the buyers of the sets (like I am) will be able to get something completely new, year after year.

Bionicle could be the new Castle; As soon as something goes bad, give it half a year off, and get right back to it, but completely different.

He said it this morning, so he should know that we've seen all the Stars by now.

Not to mention it was the "What to use for the 2010 spinny" poll and it had all six options.

Seeing as how he phrased that, BIONICLE will continue, or BIONICLE will continue UNDER a new name, methinks.

-ZotS

It's not an indicator of anything other than the fact that there will be at least one more BIONICLE set than we know of, though.

If there is just ONE more BIONICLE set, then I REALLY hope it's a System robot Mata Nui set. A UCS set preferably. Maybe with redesigned Matoran and Toa minifigs that represent a few of the most important Toa and Matoran from the past.